User Tag List

Page 17 of 351 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Just picked this up.
    I also have a Miata and love it. I bought this 1991 last year from the original owner with only 39K miles. It was garaged all of its life and the paint and interior are nearly perfect.

The original owner had some minor modifications done. He put a strut tower brace, a cockpit brace, a rear control arm brace and put in some quad headlights. When I got it in my grubby little paws, I added the 16x8 (+20 offset) Compomotive MO wheels. They're heavy as sin but I simply adore them on the terrible Boston roads (they're made for road rally so can certainly handle them!). With these wheels, I needed to roll the fenders so I had Synaptic 3 up in NH do it for me. Easy job but I figure they do it all the time so it was worth the trip. I also had Lester over at Apex Automotive install a Hard Dog roll bar and some Apex springs, which lower it by about 30mm. The interior is bone stock, though I swapped out the seats for a set from a 1999. Just like the later seats better. I also installed the trailer hitch which is awesome. My father has a lift at his house and I really wish I had taken advantage of it instead of tackling the task at home.

I primarily use it to get to the trailhead to hike, mountain bike or snowboard. I drive about 5000 miles a year. Lucky I get to telecommute, though when I do go to the office I can bike into Boston or take the bus/subway.

It's great one gas, I get about 35MPG on the highway, and it's extremely reliable. With snow tires, it's okay in the snow. My wife and I can go away for long weekends and use this car. The trunk is small but with the top up we can put stuff on the shelf behind the seats.

Anyway, here it is:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love hot rods and need some utility. Great for off the beaten' track.....

Above appropriated from instagram.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow I am channeling my inner Nugent and doing this to my taco.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this today. I don't actually understand what it is, but I love everything about it.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    Saw this today. I don't actually understand what it is, but I love everything about it.

-Joe
    That's for smoking a lot of dope in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post

-Joe
    There's one of these in my neighborhood, only the owner has done just the opposite and dropped it to ~4 inches above the ground. It also has a roof luggage rack, one of the pipes is loose and sticks out to the side, and I'm waiting for the day that he takes a turn to fast and it becomes a projectile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmm - 11 second 240...

Love me some wagons!

laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

favorite automobile = hakosuka on watanabes. they don't make lines like these anymore...

someday I hope I can bum a ride in one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy from Ohio who took my 945 off my hands is building a 240 Bertone with the engine from an S80T6 that is going to put down about 650 whp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These were recent sightings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are some sweet JDM cars. Early Skylines like those go for big money. That looks like a Trueno (Corolla) with a 2TG. I had a '73 Corolla dirt track car with a full tube chassis when I was a teenager. My dad had a Toyota Crown- pretty sure it was a '71 S50 4 door with the 2M 6cyl and 3spd auto- silver with black interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad about the stretched tires. Everything is proper until you get to the most important part of car, road interface.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm itching to drive the Subaru brz or even the Toyota version. The power figures are a little low. That and the lack of cargo space. My mazdaspeed3 seems to do it all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caad View Post
    I'm itching to drive the Subaru brz or even the Toyota version. The power figures are a little low. That and the lack of cargo space. My mazdaspeed3 seems to do it all.
    There's a Scion FR-S in my neighborhood. I see it most evenings as I walk home - It looks lovely & well-balanced.

I'm reading great things about it. I'd definitely take the BRZ over a Miata.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caad View Post

Our local dealer was originally allocated two of them and both were sole well before they arrived. We couldn't even get a production version for our test car fleet since they are all sold. Waiting impatiently for a prototype build of some sort to get here from Japan. The only ones we have right now are the ugly black mule cars made of cut-down Imprezas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanna know if we will see a Turbo version. That and can you fit a bike in the hatch with the seats folded down? Could always use the seasuckers roof rack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if I went from this:
    515_main_l.jpg
    To this:
    P1320186.jpg

I've had a blast getting the Nova to go fast and be reliable but it's maybe time for a BB Vette that's more fun to take on loooooong road trips.

Thing is, I've made fun of Vette owners since day one. They fit me very nicely.

Taking bids on the Nova ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the lines on the 68-9 ones better than the 70+ ones, but that might just be me.

A neighbor had a pretty sweet Vette collection, including, albeit briefly, a light blue (Mulsanne Blue, maybe?) 69 L-88. He had owned it before, bought it and then sold it back to the guy he bought it from a couple weeks later, never even got it off the trailer. The second time he bought it it was in mid-restoration, and sold it before ever finishing it. It might be the prettiest car I've ever seen, but that's a hard call to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    What if I went from this:

I've had a blast getting the Nova to go fast and be reliable but it's maybe time for a BB Vette that's more fun to take on loooooong road trips.

Thing is, I've made fun of Vette owners since day one. They fit me very nicely.

Taking bids on the Nova ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep the nova boss! I helped my father a little on a frame-off restoration of one of those old Vettes - as a GM man it pains me to say it, but those things were junk imho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wagon.jpg

did someone say station wagon
    also too tall keep the nova