User Tag List

Page 148 of 352 FirstFirst ... 138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 7026

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    If I had a mid-year car or 964 with a roof basket I could die a happy man.
    I like where you are going with that. There is one two blocks from me. The owner keeps it clean as a whistle and drives in any good weather but stored outside :( It's got a fat @&&

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lumpy View Post
    I haven't seen an interval for timing chain replacement. The older motors with timing belts had a 105k replacement interval but I can't find anything for timing chain replacement on the FB DOHC motor.
    Tried to send this via PM but your box is full.

You might be right about 105,000 for timing chain. We are only at 93,000 on our '09 outback so I have been in denial because I know it is one of the more expensive service intervals. Mentioned the 90,000 service for you because if you bought the car privately they may not have done it and dealer may not have either unless you ask them to prove it via a service record.

After warranty, we still do the majors (every 30k) at the dealer, the minors (15k) at the dealer, and recently even the 3750 oil changes at the dealer now that most of them have express service and are only about $10 more than the oil change places that I never trust.

I remembered that Subaru no longer has the service schedules on the public website so it should either be in your glove box separate from the owner's manual or create an account on For Owners | Subaru of America and you should be able to get it based on VIN. Last resort is any dealer should be able to provide a copy of it.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cruising around in the beetle. It's too fun. I think I need to swap in a new fuel pump since when it is super hot it doesn't like to restart on the first turn... The second turn with a little gas is no problem. This only happens when you have been cruising around for 20 minutes in high 90s temps. Luckily a new repro is $25.

P8170280 by Joe, on Flickr
    P8170312 by Joe, on Flickr
    P8180093 by Joe, on Flickr
    P8180144 by Joe, on Flickr

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really well done !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are having too much fun.

Vapor Lock, it's a thing.

PS - just for giggles check the gas cap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I love this Bug stuff and am getting a huge vicarious kick out of your fun, so thanks for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happened on an absolute MINT condition '92 2-wheel drive Toyota pickup tonight in Asheville. Absolutely zero rust under it, you would think it was a California truck. Don't know that I am going to be able to walk away from it tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    An even more "done" version of the 911 Safari theme:
    I really, really, *really* don't get the 911 Safari play acting -- it's so dumb. No 911 ever came close to winning the Safari. The only "rally" 911 of note after Waldegård was the one-year 1984 953 (4x4 911 that Porsche entered in Paris-Dakar) and which had a whaletail, not a ducktail, and no surfboard rack... For the money these boys are spending on these cars, they could rent a Tuthill-prepped car and actually go do the Historic Safari. I prefer Donks, Boxes, and Bubbles to this odd faux-racing automobile backwater!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    You are having too much fun.

Vapor Lock, it's a thing.

PS - just for giggles check the gas cap.
    Josh is as usual right on. Basically a VW engine runs hot anyway (compared to a water cooled engine) and when you turn off the engine and it's hot outside, the temp of the fuel system may actually increase because the car is just sitting there. So when you get back into the car and restart, foof! all your gas in the line vaporizes and then you have to crank a while to get gas back to the engine so it will fire.

That's a nice looking Bug for sure though. They seem able to crawl most places but I often fantasized about having an all-wheel Bug.
    Last edited by j44ke; 08-21-2017 at 08:29 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    I added a Kuat Vagabond X to the roof and some Hella driving lights. It gives it a rally look... which I like. And there is a shop in town that is owned by a dude who drives a 65 Landrover around town. He has been working on VWs and Porches for 40 years. He is semi retired and only works on what he wants to work on. Which includes my bug. He is giving the engine a tune up tomorrow. "How much?" "Don't worry about, it'll be less than $100."
    P8140320 by Joe, on Flickr

P8140346 by Joe, on Flickr

P8140364 by Joe, on Flickr

-Joe
    Very cool, I'm loving this too. What is the matching blue bike with segmented fork on top? I can't quite make it out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
    Very cool, I'm loving this too. What is the matching blue bike with segmented fork on top? I can't quite make it out...
    That would be a Meriwether. Great bikes; i was compelled to get one for myself after seeing joe's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, Whit at Meriwether makes an awesome bike.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Meriwether have closed the order book for a little while though.

Anyway, congrats on the bike/car combo....!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spotted on vacation two weeks ago...the Grand Wagoneer looks like a vehicle that you park at your second home. The Willys on the other hand looks like a vehicle that you drive when gathering firewood or when you are heading into town on Saturday night and you are ready to rumble.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So started looking at 4Runners... Would primarily be driven by my wife but would also be a vehicle for going to my BIL land or other less civilized places. Anyone with 4Runner history care to share their experience or recommend a site for those of us that like to collect and analyze all the data (I'm about 6 months out from pulling the trigger.)
    Nathan H

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamu8104 View Post
    So started looking at 4Runners... Would primarily be driven by my wife but would also be a vehicle for going to my BIL land or other less civilized places. Anyone with 4Runner history care to share their experience or recommend a site for those of us that like to collect and analyze all the data (I'm about 6 months out from pulling the trigger.)
    Jinx. I got one new for Mrs. Too Tall and have zero complaints. It is a very competent vehicle. Despite the times they still retain some of the spartan (wah wah) characteristics of off road vehicles. You need to ignore that and focus on the fact you are getting a vehicle which may well outlast you.

Oh....the mpg is awful. Again, try to get past that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're planning to keep one of our current two Fits so will still have one fuel efficient vehicle but yea this will be like going back to the old F150 we had. Looking at the TRD Premium vs the SR5 Premium currently. And I really like the idea that it could outlast me and go off-road.
    Nathan H

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd get the Trail: 7.5" wide wheels and KDSS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamu8104 View Post
    Two links - data, and a forum for people who like to decorate their cars (with a small faction who actually use them off road)...kind of like most bike forums, when you think about it.

Toyota 4Runner Reliability - Dashboard Light
    Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished an engine exhaust manifold that I posted earlier.... I started it as a project for myself but ultimately there was a chap who wanted to own it and I couldn't say no.

HellaFabrication Bottom Mount 1jzVVTI T3 Manifold by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr
    Matt Moore