Page 13 of 351 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

I've been nothing but pleased with my 02 Jeep Liberty for 10 years now and it handles 15 inches of fresh snow in Isabella (400 foot driveway) with no problem. Get one with the off road package and the roof rack is really heavy duty making the addition of crossbars for canoe, bikes and skis simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Philster View Post
    This is what I've been day dreaming about:

Renegade Hybrids

One of Porsche's best handling cars ever (the 944) with an aluminum GM V8.
    That ain't right. The 944 I can accept with an American V8 but other than that it better be air cooled and want to kill you if you lift during a turn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lukasz View Post
    That ain't right. The 944 I can accept with an American V8 but other than that it better be air cooled and want to kill you if you lift during a turn.
    Well, with a V8 hung back there, it'll probably be all too happy to kill you. But I agree, if it doesn't cost $220 to change your own oil in a Porsche, something's wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lukasz View Post
    Damn straight (coming from the owner of an 87 Carrera). Lifted once during a "spirited" turn, never again.
    Mark Edwards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Here's the bottom line up front: Can I drive an Xterra without looking like a douche?
    I drove to work this morning. Was at a light, guy next to me in a black Xterra. Fancy striped shirt. Cuff links. Chin pubes. Douche.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Well, with a V8 hung back there, it'll probably be all too happy to kill you. But I agree, if it doesn't cost $220 to change your own oil in a Porsche, something's wrong.
    Back there = 911.

924, 944, 968 and 928 have the engine in the front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatever you do, get as big a truck as you can, because shoveling snow out of it during winter is so much fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday my sweet ol' gal, an '84 Volvo wagon gave her life doing what a Volvo does best. allows her occupants to walk away. Her hood is bent up and folded as it should be, not shoved in one piece through the windshield, and impacted along the right side. The passenger compartment was intact and my family walked away without a scratch. she was an IPD Volvo, and was well loved throughout her life. A very well documented maintenance history, but now she is gone. I can't lament too hard... my family is alive AND uninjured. That said, a 1972 - 1977 Volvo is best. I sold my '72 and spent just a few months short of thirty years looking to replace her. I found a 1977 coupe with 64,000 miles, from a knowledgeable and loving owner. Sadly I sold it as I had no home for her and the potential of 74" of snow could do some damage. I sold her for about 25% more than the high price I paid for her. She was transported across the country and last I saw she was up for sale again at almost double of what I paid. Like I said, I spent just a few months short of thirty years looking for her. Oh what a wonderful car! Very rare but they are out there. Best to check the classifieds at IPD. The other car is a 1977 - 1985 (best to keep your search between 1980 - 1983) Mercedes 240D. These cars are out there. The easiest way to buy a brand new '80 -83 240D (a car that even grandma can work on) is to go to Mercedes Motoring. You may choke on the price but remember these cars are as new, have very low miles, and are still 1/2 the price of a new Kia (they want HOW MUCH for a KIA???). I have a pair of 240D sitting in the driveway. One thing to keep in mind; No, you cannot, and I repeat CANNOT afford a cheap Mercedes. I bought a gorgeous coupe for just under $1,000. At $10,000 I only had $8,000 to go until the car was finished. Spend the money and let someone else do the restoration before you buy.

-Max

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you and your family werent injured and I'm sorry to hear about the Volvo's noble death.

I got rid of my '05 S60 a little over a year ago in favor of an Outback. Grandma couldn't work on th S60.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait to get my Volvo P1800es back from my mechanic,I told him to take his time and well he did,but now it seems to be just a couple of months out.
    New ported polished balanced and blueprinted motor,lightened flywheel,borg warner 5 speed,progressive spings,ajustable sway bars and bilstiens.
    Can't wait! will have a 2001 honda insight with 70,000 miles on it for sale.
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmermanbicycle View Post
    Can't wait to get my Volvo P1800es back from my mechanic,I told him to take his time and well he did,but now it seems to be just a couple of months out.
    New ported polished balanced and blueprinted motor,lightened flywheel,borg warner 5 speed,progressive spings,ajustable sway bars and bilstiens.
    Can't wait! will have a 2001 honda insight with 70,000 miles on it for sale.
    -Eric
    Sedan or wagon? Nice car,either way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Sedan or wagon? Nice car,either way.
    wagon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fiskbilen! (The fishmonger's car, for non-native speakers.) B20 and M41?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ESs all came with the B20 and as much as I thought about squeezing in a T6 I stuck with a modified B20 that will probably be putting out a very streetable 175HP
    Borg Warner T5 5 speed is the new trans.
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you doing those mods with carbs or FI? If it is FI, how do you do the programming for the higher HP?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Are you doing those mods with carbs or FI? If it is FI, how do you do the programming for the higher HP?
    I'm going with webers but you can tweak the stock fuel injection.
    Check out vintage performance development's website

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of cool stuff on that site. Looks like a good place to spend money to make a sleeper 242 street racer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmermanbicycle View Post
    The ESs all came with the B20 and as much as I thought about squeezing in a T6 I stuck with a modified B20 that will probably be putting out a very streetable 175HP
    Borg Warner T5 5 speed is the new trans.
    -Eric
    Good tranny, though I'm lazy so would probably have gone with an M45 - don't think you even need a custom bell housing for an M45. I ran a Getrag M51 box in my 240 Turbo, but that was with a 360 hp B21ET, so a bit different.

Can you fit an OHC engine like a B21 or B230FT in a P1800 - I wouldn't think so, based on the hood line. Would work fine in a P210 or 544, for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good tranny, though I'm lazy so would probably have gone with an M45 - don't think you even need a custom bell housing for an M45. I ran a Getrag M51 box in my 240 Turbo, but that was with a 360 hp B21ET, so a bit different.

Can you fit an OHC engine like a B21 or B230FT in a P1800 - I wouldn't think so, based on the hood line. Would work fine in a P210 or 544, for sure.
    Ive seen both b21s and b230s stuffed into 1800s with the stock hood as well as a 302 v8 though a hole needed to be cut in the firewAll to change spark plugs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christian,

How many cars have you owned over the years?