User Tag List

Page 111 of 352 FirstFirst ... 101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 7037

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Having four kids mean nothing exists except minivans. So freaking expensive in Australia though.

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might need a few extra pieces of rope, but this'll work.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Real men drive minivans, when minivans make sense.
    Attachment 86675
    Hands-down THE most poorly-driven civilian vehicle in NYC. By a country mile.
    I don't know what it is about the Honda Odyssey, but the driver appears to forget how ridiculously fucking W I D E their vehicle is the moment they fire up the engine.
    When on a bicycle, I actively avoid 'em.
    Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    Hands-down THE most poorly-driven civilian vehicle in [Seattle]. By a country mile.
    I don't know what it is about the [Toyota Prius], but the driver appears to forget [how to drive a car, not to mention the existence of the world around the car] the moment they fire up the [hair dryer under the hood].
    When on a bicycle, I actively avoid 'em.
    I edited your statement for my locale.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with the Prius as well. They tend to get overly engrossed in NPR stories about adults with parental issues and forget who is driving, probably due to being one of three children and having to ride in the well behind the back seat in a VW Bug.

Also in NYC, any driver with one or more 9-11 remembrance exhortation bumper stickers (i.e. "Never Forget" etc.) Just waiting to go off.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exploring Quebec.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spotted while headed into a today...not stock but well loved.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Spotted while headed into a today...not stock but well loved.
    Variation on theme (posted in Hemmings a couple weeks ago):

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dutchess View Post
    Maybe the Model X with its three rows of seating will be a better vehicle. A Model S does fit your criteria. Not the best vehicle on the road one hears though.

There's something humorous in suggesting ordering it with the child sized jump seats in the trunk. For ease of kid stowage when the first one outgrows the baby seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cop has no business collecting the driver's information if there is no citation or cause. Uses the I just need to see your I.D. and then writes it down in his book.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    Been good to be back in a truck. With the new 2016s coming, wasn't sure which I'd prefer, and I've never been one to be an early adopter. Not to mention at less than 3yrs old, I had over 74k on my Outback. I didn't want to eclipse 75k and 2015s were dwindling. Found this one in the land of bigbill and they were nice enough to hold it for me for 2 weeks (probably helped that my inlaws have purchased 9 vehicles from them, including brother-in-law getting one a week before me).

I've got some stuff coming from this guy: KB Voodoo Fabrications and am now debating what to do for bike rack + bed cover. Looking at an Access Limited tonneau combined with Rocky Mounts fork mounts that attach to the rail system. Eventually I think I'll do Yakima tracks on the bed rails. That'll get rid of the Thule T2 I've relied on for years, allow the bed to be covered when needed (I prefer it open), and still allow bike attachment.

Attachment 85483
    well...

That didn't last long. Long story short...I loved the Tacoma. Wife and kids however...wanted more space. I was looking at various options, including camper shell (soft and hard) as well as tonneas. Basically it came down to this...I could drop a couple grand into it and get the interior space they wanted, albeit outside of the cab and not necessarily waterproof, or trade up to a 4Runner. Got a ridiculous deal on a 2015 Trail Premium 4Runner (aka leather, sunroof, heated seats) and took advantage of it. While it doesn't have the dual climate control the wife would like, the boys have a ton of space now, power points they can use to charge devices, Softex seats that I don't have to worry about, and...well, it's just more refined than a Tacoma. So far, I'm pretty damn impressed.

-Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesomeness. We love our 4 runner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    well...

That didn't last long. Long story short...I loved the Tacoma. Wife and kids however...wanted more space. I was looking at various options, including camper shell (soft and hard) as well as tonneas. Basically it came down to this...I could drop a couple grand into it and get the interior space they wanted, albeit outside of the cab and not necessarily waterproof, or trade up to a 4Runner. Got a ridiculous deal on a 2015 Trail Premium 4Runner (aka leather, sunroof, heated seats) and took advantage of it. While it doesn't have the dual climate control the wife would like, the boys have a ton of space now, power points they can use to charge devices, Softex seats that I don't have to worry about, and...well, it's just more refined than a Tacoma. So far, I'm pretty damn impressed.

Love it. I was this > < close to buying the 2014 of that very vehicle and only ended up with the FJ because I found one in manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet. Elsewhere in the world, that's a 150 series LC. If my 100 ever quits that may very well be its replacement.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trapped in socal with inlaws for the week

in lieu of drugs / divorce / running away, i rented a 2013 SRT Viper GTS. oh my god is it perfect. what an awesome brute. very, very, very good car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pics please. Love a Viper. I was 'stuck' (intentionally) in SoCal for a week or so recently and rented some 'fun';

but was instantly out-muscled the moment I pulled up beside this.

Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In September, I was driving from LA to...somewhere else through the Mojave Desert.

For about a 100 miles I was trading places with a Viper ACR with Michigan plates. Dude stopped for gas. I stopped too. He was a Dodge engineer that had just spent the day at Willow Springs. We had a nice chat about down force, and I giggled like a 4 year old when he left the gas station in a giant cloud of smoke and dust.

Here is a picture from the web, for all I know it was this exact car.

"As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for all you know that viper could've clocked the track record there...

Willow Springs lap times - FastestLaps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife is always talking about a Wrangler. Everything I read says they are junk and will fall apart as I drive off the lot. Anyone care to share experiences?

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    My wife is always talking about a Wrangler. Everything I read says they are junk and will fall apart as I drive off the lot. Anyone care to share experiences?

-Joe
    I had a 1996 Wrangler Sport that I loved. It was quick, turned on a dime and was a blast to drive. One night at 2 AM it was engulfed in flames and I woke up to the sounds of the Fire Dept. coming to put out the fire. Insurance said it spontaneously caught on fire and was not caused by someone setting fire to it. Not sure how right they were. For what it's worth - my friends Grand Cherokee from a similar era also caught on fire by itself sitting in the driveway.

That being said - I still want a Wrangler to tool around town in.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.