User Tag List

Page 107 of 351 FirstFirst ... 979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 7005

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Honestly, I haven't even opened the hood yet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody seen this yet? A concept saloon by Honda with cyclists in mind. Looks pretty cool to me. Hope they offer it in stick.
    Honda unveils car designed to accommodate the needs of cyclists - Cycling Weekly

honda-concept-2015-0001-630x417.jpghonda-concept-2015-0004.jpghonda-concept-2015-0005.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That entire car looks like a Pinarello fork.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been good to be back in a truck. With the new 2016s coming, wasn't sure which I'd prefer, and I've never been one to be an early adopter. Not to mention at less than 3yrs old, I had over 74k on my Outback. I didn't want to eclipse 75k and 2015s were dwindling. Found this one in the land of bigbill and they were nice enough to hold it for me for 2 weeks (probably helped that my inlaws have purchased 9 vehicles from them, including brother-in-law getting one a week before me).

I've got some stuff coming from this guy: KB Voodoo Fabrications and am now debating what to do for bike rack + bed cover. Looking at an Access Limited tonneau combined with Rocky Mounts fork mounts that attach to the rail system. Eventually I think I'll do Yakima tracks on the bed rails. That'll get rid of the Thule T2 I've relied on for years, allow the bed to be covered when needed (I prefer it open), and still allow bike attachment.

Attachment 85483
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grump:
    have to do a wheel bearing on my MINI.

real grump:
    im my own mechanic.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellafab View Post
    grump:
    have to do a wheel bearing on my MINI.

real grump:
    im my own mechanic.
    I hear you. Brake hose needs replacing on my Cherokee and the flare nut on the brake line won't budge so it looks like I'm doing a brake line too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brc View Post
    Anybody seen this yet? A concept saloon by Honda with cyclists in mind. Looks pretty cool to me. Hope they offer it in stick.
    Honda unveils car designed to accommodate the needs of cyclists - Cycling Weekly
    But they already make a car with cyclists in mind...

gal_lg11.jpg

664978_4948679840148_1871517126_o.jpg

seatsdown.jpg

2010-12-18 12.30.21.jpg

And it looks better.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the Fit and I like that concept car too. Honda does OK in the looks dept most of the time if you squint just right and make the wheels disappear. Their wheel designs are ugly enough that I suspect the chairman's kid.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one of the first year (US) Honda Fits and it is an amazing car for cycling. I've fit eight bikes inside before and regularly ride around with three on the roof and a car full of people and bags. My only problem is the gas mileage--I would do just as well with a F150. It's just baffling that it does so poorly.
    This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 2013 Fit and it regularly gets 35 mpg. Love it because I haven't used a bike rack since I got it.
    Nathan H

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In true city driving, the Fit is horrible. Ours is only at 16-18 running around town. I'm talking stop signs every 300-400 feet.

On the highway, I'll see high 30s no problem.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in the city and use my car for errands and commuting to work. My 2015 Fit hasn't done less than 34mpg on a tank yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife also drives a Fit and it's pretty much exclusively city driving, typically gets about 32 mpg.
    Nathan H

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    In true city driving, the Fit is horrible. Ours is only at 16-18 running around town. I'm talking stop signs every 300-400 feet.

On the highway, I'll see high 30s no problem.
    Carbon build-up? Is the Fit direct injection?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been this way since new.

Get in car. Start car. Back and forth a few times to get out of parallel parking space. Drive 100 feet. Stop. Wait for a few cars to go. Drive 300 feet, accelerate to around 20 before coming to another stop. Do that six times, maybe sitting and waiting for other cars or pedestrians. Then sit at a light for a few minutes. Then do the drive 300 feet and stop thing another 6-8 times. Park. Get groceries. Drive home. 20mpg is hypermiling. 16-18 typical, especially when cold outside.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If only there was a type of transportation that excelled in that type of environment. One has to imagine such a marvel of locomotion would be quite popular for its ability to easily hold 16-18 mph even when it's cold outside. If one could enjoy the endless cycle of low speeds and constant stops while getting fit that would be something worth talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to make copies this afternoon, and will of course ride my bike the 1.5 miles to Staples.

Yesterday was about kitty necessities. We currently have 6, including three foster kittens. Do you know how much the stuff we need to buy for 6 cats to eat/poop on for a week weighs? Well over 100lbs...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What, '07/'08 when the FIT first came out I was going down the highway with a buddy and spotted one taking our exit directly in front of us. His eyes got big and I was instantly repulsed by it in much the same way as at the BMW X6 which also recently came out. Both reactions were solely based on outdoors sports and travel. One of us grew up in the city and the other in mountains and countryside.

Bias noted, that type of urban driving is awful under any circumstance. Worse than a European city which has an ordered chaos to it even if you aren't moving any faster. At the heart, that was what I was trying to convey without being too fresh about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bentley here, taking vulgarity to another level entirely. A self-winding Breitling Tourbillon for the dashboard of your hideous new 'Bentayga'.

Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    Bentley here, taking vulgarity to another level entirely. A self-winding Breitling Tourbillon for the dashboard of your hideous new 'Bentayga'.

Baby got back.