Thread: cycling style

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: cycling style

Quote Originally Posted by GrantM View Post
    I just ordered an Assos 851 jacket for $149, reg. price $360.
    -g
    From where? I had one, it was awesome but also too small...so away it went.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: cycling style

Quote Originally Posted by dave1215 View Post
    .......think about the bike(s) you ride and how you ride it (them)
    tell us what that means about your style, about your lifestyle

I work to live and live to embrace the passion I have for challenging myself through my varied sporting endeavors. I'm wildly competitive but competitive with myself first and foremost. Bikes to me are another expression of my love of performance. I don't own a bike with fenders and have no desire to laden one with panniers and tour. People say "smiles not miles", miles training make me smile. Virtually all my miles have a formal training component to them, that is my passion. If I'm riding looking at the scenery, it's because it's a 'recovery ride'. And while not "successful" racing bicycles, my enjoyment/success come for trying my best regardless of that outcome.

Serious and focused, but at the same time fully aware that in the big scheme of things my pursuit is totally frivolous beyond my personal enjoyment. Far from a classic A type, I'm a good loser and all I hope for is that my efforts reflect my dedication within the realities of the situation at hand.

Despite my Salon online persona, I came into cycling mentored with a "no one left behind" credo and will happily abandon my own daily training desires to help someone having a rough go of thing that day. My 'style' is measures in the success of others not just my own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12