Likes Likes:  0

Thread: gilt.com and other deal sites

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default gilt.com and other deal sites

you guys ever order from gilt? new deals daily with awesome customer service

chase - whats the word? any other good choices besides gilt.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: gilt.com and other deal sites

I've probably spent $3k or so with Gilt. I let myself get in a wardrobe deficit over the course of several years and suddenly realized I was a sartorial failure. So I've ordered a peacoat, some blazers, shoes, boots, shirts, etc. Haven't tried suits or jeans yet but everything else I have ordered has been great. My only issue is that much of their clothing is made for greyhound physiques. But the merch has been great so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

word

i always get that email at noon and usually check.

dangerous

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its always a risk buying online. The only issue I have with Gilt is you have to buy what they're offering, and buy it quick. If its something you use often, or at least know it'll fit, then go for it. I'm registered and get the emails, but haven't actually pulled the trigger yet. I've got a weird body (skinny-fat?), and fluctuate in weight depending on the season; so I prefer to actually try most things on.

I recently met one of the Gilt guys at a gig (I was tearing down winter, he was setting up spring) at the midtown CK store and he was a stand up dude. So if you're certain, then do it. They're offering good deals... while they last.

Other than online sales, I would suggest to buy off-season. Now is the perfect time to pick up a winter coat and some heavy wool pants for next year.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty much avoid those places. Everything I got from Gilt had wonky fit or was made in China or otherwise disappointing.

Since I do a lot of work in the apparel industry, I get hooked up enough, but when I can't get a hookup, I just pay fullfreight if something fits and I've saved up for it.
    I almost never buy on a whim anymore.

My new thing is to try to just wait until we get whatever it is that I want into production for ourselves. Gonna be a long wait on some pieces, but it's not like I'm gonna go naked until then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S View Post
    <snip>Since I do a lot of work in the apparel industry...<snip>
    Apologies for cross-threading, but your post above jogged my memory re: potentially forthcoming goods. If I may call your attention to:

http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum...tml#post251489

Any progress? It's now March and the tall and lanky among us are interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EddieBirdsell View Post
    Apologies for cross-threading, but your post above jogged my memory re: potentially forthcoming goods. If I may call your attention to:

http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum...tml#post251489

Any progress? It's now March and the tall and lanky among us are interesting.

I'll continue the derail for one post here.

We are in sampling now. When my size run and samples are done, I'm going to start a thread live-blogging the process from start to finish of making cycling apparel. I supposed I could start it now, just not sure if it goes in this su-forum or over in General D.

What happens next: Order all my goods. Those will be on a boat for 6 weeks. Then cut and sew for a couple weeks, plus add a couple because I'm also having a baby, like, tomorrow, which will cause me to fuck something up somewhere along the line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S View Post
    I'll continue the derail for one post here.

We are in sampling now. When my size run and samples are done, I'm going to start a thread live-blogging the process from start to finish of making cycling apparel. I supposed I could start it now, just not sure if it goes in this su-forum or over in General D.

What happens next: Order all my goods. Those will be on a boat for 6 weeks. Then cut and sew for a couple weeks, plus add a couple because I'm also having a baby, like, tomorrow, which will cause me to fuck something up somewhere along the line.
    1) Awesome, congrats on the child and best of luck.

2) I'd love to volunteer as a product tester. Please feel free to PM me.

Looking forward to the new thread and updates.