How about a thread to share tips on taking snapshots while out and about? The ride reports threads have an abundance of great pics, so surely people have something to share?

Two main questions to start it off:
1. Those of you who manage to take rolling snaps of you and a partner side by side- any secrets to aiming, or do you take a bunch and find out later whether you framed a good shot?
2. Paging TooTall- you mocked up some kind of sling for your new camera- how about a picture or description of it? I have a compact Canon coming to supplement my G10, and want to make as good of use of it as possible.

I'm no pro, but I come from an art background and feel I have a decent eye.
I'll share a couple of my thoughts:
1. You need the flash far less often than your camera will use it by default. Turn it off sometime, steady your hand, and see how it works.
2. Apple's Aperture is pretty cool- there are a ton of Presets which can be downloaded for free which will put a nice spin on your photos. See my Tumblr link below for some samples.
3. On Flickr, there is a Camera Search function, and it will show you photos taken with your model camera. Outside of the DSLR world, people are doing amazing things with $100 cameras these days.

Thanks,
Matt