Quote Originally Posted by -HvA- View Post
Wade, let me know if you'd like to try some different blades, I have a bunch at home. Each razor reacts differently to different razors (think of it like combining frames and saddles).

Proper lather is key to reducing irritation. If there's not enough water the soap will be tooth-pasty and you'll get tugging, if it's too runny (bubbles) it won't offer enough protection. Some Thayers witch hazel and nivea balm afterwards does wonders too, especially in the beginning.
sure as hell i want to try other blades. NOT that i'm having any trouble with these "generic" type that i find locally branded to whatever store they are found in. $1 /5 at one store, $8/10 at the other one (eff that). I'm going back to clean out the $1 version.

of course i get that razors/blades interact differently. reading reviews makes it clear that many folks don't. a few drops of your fave essential oil into the witch hazel with sprayer/squirt bottle is a bathroom wonder.

i've learned more about shaving in a week than i ever realized i didn't know. which i dig, as i'm a detail guy...prefectionist yo.

also find it quite ironic when i'm learning ancient "outdated" means/methods via the Collective. METHINKS the web taught me better than my dad would have, had he tried.

New brush waiting for me at local old-time RX store, but just learning to wet the brush and not the soap was a brilliant step in lather creation. and i've been using a mug forever.

591 Petty Gap Road. Woodbury. 37190