Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default lovein it -----

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    atmo -

this ole geek boogies with a little 60's/70's/80's/90's & 2000 ---.
    these guys - a little of the bg's / partiridge family and ccr in em.

even though i am almost deef - great to hear words that relate & adapt.

ronnie :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nick Lowe

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    atmo -

Nice blast from the past, Mr.S.

BTW, great Nick Lowe interview discussing his progression over the years in MOJO magazine (4/09)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy old threads batman!

one bike?! that's as silly as one gun or one knife or one pickup or one (can i get an amen from ct?) beer!

too many other exercises for my neurons to piddle with this one.

cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WadePatton View Post
    one bike?! that's as silly as one gun or one knife or one pickup or one (can i get an amen from ct?) beer!
    i agree brothah

id have to say my baby blue sachs if just one...

just one beer? impossible!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbrk View Post
    I get the idea of playing this game and that's all good with me but the thought of only one just breaks my heart. I've spent years getting to where I am now. Okay, so that's promiscuous and outlandish, excessive, whatever one might like to call it, though I'm not sure why anyone would need to have an opinion about why a guy like bicycles, owns them, or does whatever he damn well pleases with them, including not ride them. Is there some sort of moral superiority to a certain kind of bike? or treating a bicycle one way (like riding it) or another (like not)? That's all nonsense to me. I'm guilt free, not interested in feeling badly about what I love that's harmless enough.

There are bikes I could part with and I'm not feeling particularly acquisitive these days but...but...why would I not want more than one kind of cycling experience? Is one bike supposed to suit all styles? All moods, all terrain, all kinds of riding? Clearly I don't believe that's my experience. What would I gain from such monogamy? Don't give me that simplicity zen crapmo atmo. I teach Zen yearly and know my way around those arguments well enough to know that there's no superiority in such preferences. I like race bikes, even euro-trash and I like old French five speeds that imhoatmo ride as sweetly as anything in the whole wide world ymmv/tastewhatever.

Let me add one more thing: I value the bikes that evoke a personal relationship way more than, say, my Colnagos or a rare bike that didn't connect me to the builder. When I take my Sachs, I think of RS, the Mariposa Mike Barry, and the Singers or Toei/Ebisu my long connection with those shops and persons (Csuka, Iimura). I can sell the Colnago, buy another one (maybe) but Ernesto and I aren't pals and some bikes are not only great, they are part of a relationship I value.

Prolixity warrants reprimand. I await thee.
    O.k. There is much about which one might "feel badly."

OTOH, it's just fine with me if you'd prefer to own one bike or ten or twenty or more. Who am I to pick your magic number? Enjoy.

To lob a pebble from a crystal palace . . . why the long, non sequitur paean to being so very happy and guilt free? You know what they say . . . when in Rome, protest too much, n'est ce pas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poof. This thread is now forevah. Wiki.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345