Thread: I love my Bicycle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I love my Bicycle

All-
    I feel like I've shared this before but it's worth sharing again.
    It is an interesting counterpoint to the video on Soulcraft too.
    FBM is awesome. Way back in the Mid 90's during Spooky's heyday we built the first frames for these guys and other start-up rider owned BMX companies.
    It put us out of business.
    It killed our margins.
    We essentially did the design work for all of these guys. None of us who were at Spooky up until the big bang in 2000 feel bad about that at all. I feel like it's not fair for me to say that I personally helped saved BMX, but I guess it's true. I spent summers chop-sawing downtubes for FBM, Kink, Metal and Terrible One for free.
    If we hadn't had a pretty sizable un-paid workforce of kids into subsistence living in kitchen pantries we never would have lasted as long as we did and the new crop of rider owned companies never would have been able to afford bikes.
    This below video is a pretty good window what my life was like from the age 15-19 so it might give y'all some more insight into my psycho-pathology;

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I love my Bicycle

When I saw the thread title I was hoping it was this video.

I'm thinking it was after FBM got a different builder (or moved in house for that matter, a little hazy on the dates), but I loved my Night Train. I'm going to keep saving for a Spooky too. You guys rule.

p.s. Kerry Sayre is the man.