User Tag List

Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1318

Thread: Things I want, like, now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Things I want, like, now.

Quote Originally Posted by XR2 View Post
    The WRX is a 2 liter turbocharged boxer four. Claimed 268 HP and rated 27MPG highway. I can vouch it make a bunch of power but the amazing part is the mileage. I'm getting 31+ MPG on my 190 mile commute each day. And the chassis is wonderful. The fuel use is approaching the Aprilia Tuono and is almost as much fun.
    You get better than advertised fuel economy? This is rare. I get close on my GTI if I am at 70 MPH or less. Go higher and it drops pretty fast. And the only way to get advertised is to basically never exceed 65 MPH. My old Yukon was thirsty, but it drank pretty much the exact amount GM said it would.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from the uninspiring interior and dull handling (in stock trim) the high fuel consumption is usually considered the biggest flaw of the impreza WRX and WRX STI compared to its rivals.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went test-drove a new Audi Allroad yesterday. It's pretty good. Not likely as capable offroad as an Outback, but much more capable on pavement. It handled pretty well, almost as much as my old bimmer.

As I had my road bike with me in the MDX, the young sales guy suggested we try to fit it into the Allroad, and it did fit, just barely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    Aside from the uninspiring interior and dull handling (in stock trim) the high fuel consumption is usually considered the biggest flaw of the impreza WRX and WRX STI compared to its rivals.
    to be fair, most people who buy a WRX or WRX STI are not the type of people to putt around in 6th gear at 65 for a whole tank of fuel on cruise control.

they are usually looking for a more inspiring drive and fuel mileage is directly related to the right foot.

In the spring we bought a Kia Sedona.... for the longest time growing up I would never have even considered it. a MINIVAN. honestly though, its great. lots of room... functions that are useful, etc. a condition of ownership was that I can keep my "fun car" that I tinker with and can drive when I don't need features or reliability.
    That was also the day that I changed my plans with the turbocharger upgrade and am now looking for an eventual 4 digit horsepower... or at least push it as close to that as I can get with the products I choose.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XR2 View Post
    The WRX is a 2 liter turbocharged boxer four. Claimed 268 HP and rated 27MPG highway. I can vouch it make a bunch of power but the amazing part is the mileage. I'm getting 31+ MPG on my 190 mile commute each day. And the chassis is wonderful. The fuel use is approaching the Aprilia Tuono and is almost as much fun.
    I routinely would get 30 mpg cruising in my 2015 WRX at 75 mph on I5. My friend and I went to San Diego in his stage 2 2015 WRX and he averaged 31.5 mpg. I traded my 2015 in for a 2016 STI as I was having issues with mine (knocking under acceleration, Subaru announced a recall 2 months after I got rid of mine) and thought I would try out the ST for the time being. I think my best highway fuel economy has been 22.6 mpg, my typical daily commute has seen the mileage go from 24 to 19 if I am lucky. They are pretty fun cars and I enjoy mine, however, I am already trying to figure out what to replace the STI with..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Went test-drove a new Audi Allroad yesterday. It's pretty good. Not likely as capable offroad as an Outback, but much more capable on pavement. It handled pretty well, almost as much as my old bimmer.

As I had my road bike with me in the MDX, the young sales guy suggested we try to fit it into the Allroad, and it did fit, just barely.
    It's on my list to replace my '02 S4 Avant.

What else are you looking at?

Not a lot of options for small wagons these days...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like our Volvo V60. We got the FWD model and get 31mpg pretty regularly. Drives very well. Feels agile and sure footed. Very comfortable interior. They also make a V60 Cross Country that is pretty snazzy. Right now they have a $1500 incentive on it, because they also have a new XC60 small SUV in the new model year. I guess they think the XC60 will sell better, so might as well entice people with the cross country.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post

Interesting.

My space requirement is a cargo area that can fit a partially broken-down coupled tandem. All those snub-tailed SUVs have less length than a mid-sized wagon like my TSX.

We'll see about that Allroad. Someday!
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things I've wanted, like now- a rad bowler. Unfortunately they are either costume-ish, prohibitivly expensive, or both.

Well, the power is still out in my shop, so I went antiquing. Scored a sweet cane and this vintage Philadelphia Stetson "Lightweight" Bowler (made in Philly).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that my Stowa flieger isn't already a really nice daily watch, but I've been hankering for a Seiko SKX007 lately.

My name is Hung | Instagram | Website/portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good call Hung. They are wonderful watches. I got a version of this when my Omega was out for repair. Mine keeps ridiculously good time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SKX007 is a good watch, not fancy or luxurious, but just right

Just ordered this (Persol sunglasses) for the Fausto Coppi look, hope the lenses aren't too large for my face

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    She may not want it for long. But who knows? Jeep people are pretty loyal.

I want this. I can in no possible way justify it and it's a gas guzzler. I'm not likely to encounter anything more challenging than snow or a gravel road. It's incredibly space inefficient. It's expensive. But I really want one and every time I see one I find myself coveting my neighbor's Toyota Land Cruiser.

Jim...scratch that itch.
    Then, if you don't love it, sell it for more than you paid for it in a couple years.

1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ8 | Bring a Trailer

my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Jim...scratch that itch.
    Then, if you don't love it, sell it for more than you paid for it in a couple years.

1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ8 | Bring a Trailer

I'd love to but I just can't swing the cash at the moment. I'm buying a house and the new job represents a (temporary) pay cut. So I've got Land Cruiser tastes on a used Blazer budget. The GTI will have to last another year or so.

What I'd like to see is an updated version of the Land Cruiser, one that is more space efficient (read: removable rear seat or stowable rear seat) and maybe 500 lbs lighter. It would be nice if it pretended to get 20 MPG on the highway as well. Also, these seat back mounted video screens need to go. They're permanent fixtures too, and would likely never get used. They'd just be in the way and/or get damaged by loading bikes and other toys.

But to me the biggest crime are the seats that kill the space in the back of the truck. They need to be either a delete option or removable for a flat floor.

All these nitpicks aside, it's definitely an itch I'd like to scratch! I may look at a 2015 or so. They at least don't have the video screens.

And that 1996 in your link is tempting indeed! Looks amazingly clean!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Saab, how about a Honda Element? My brother-in-law got one for my sister. It had really low mileage and was $10K? Something like that. I think it was a 2007. She hauls organic vegetables around in it. You could make it into a camper and add a Kuat carrier. Sell all your possessions and hit the road.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Hey Saab, how about a Honda Element? My brother-in-law got one for my sister. It had really low mileage and was $10K? Something like that. I think it was a 2007. She hauls organic vegetables around in it. You could make it into a camper and add a Kuat carrier. Sell all your possessions and hit the road.

Thanks for the suggestion..... But as a professional traveler, I'm looking forward to being home more, not away from home more. I'm buying my first ever single-family home and I plan to make it mine in all possible ways. I don't want to be transient any more.

My idea of getting a Land Cruiser has nothing to do with 'adventure'. It has everything to do with owning a somewhat uncommon vehicle that is built to extremely high quality standards and has a commanding vantage point from the driver's seat. It's really not more complicated than that. I'm drawn to the quality and the rarity.

That said, a Land Cruiser can tow an Airstream..... A Honda Element can't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought this bad boy, Toyota Highlander SX, last week. I had my heart set on a 4-runner but my mind could not justify it. I am very pleased. V6 AWD and plenty of room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    Just bought this bad boy, Toyota Highlander SX, last week. I had my heart set on a 4-runner but my mind could not justify it. I am very pleased. V6 AWD and plenty of room.

That vehicle just ticks me off. I have a 2011 RAV4 which I love dearly but the mileage is really racking up. It is the V6 and is really as big a vehicle as I want.

So of course Toyota no longer offer the V6. If I want an engine that can cruise all day at highway speed, I have to go to the Highlander, which is too big.

The RAV4, and every other "SUV" in the size category now comes with a useless little 4 banger that would strain to cruise at 75 all day. There is a possibility that Mazda may actually bring the diesel to the CX-5 this year, which would work, but jeebus .........

I don't want a Highlander, or an Acura or a Cadillac. I want something the size of the RAV4 but from Nissan or Chev or Toyota, or ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMB View Post
    That vehicle just ticks me off. I have a 2011 RAV4 which I love dearly but the mileage is really racking up. It is the V6 and is really as big a vehicle as I want.

So of course Toyota no longer offer the V6. If I want an engine that can cruise all day at highway speed, I have to go to the Highlander, which is too big.

The RAV4, and every other "SUV" in the size category now comes with a useless little 4 banger that would strain to cruise at 75 all day. There is a possibility that Mazda may actually bring the diesel to the CX-5 this year, which would work, but jeebus .........

I don't want a Highlander, or an Acura or a Cadillac. I want something the size of the RAV4 but from Nissan or Chev or Toyota, or ....
    Its not the vehicle's fault...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emission regulation means 4 bangers + some kind of super/turbocharging get the preference over v6 or v8s. That said modern engines are great and saying they will "strain to cruise at 75 all day" is simply not true. Most of the time the ride experience is ruined by a gearbox build with a focus on consumption/emissions test protocols instead of actual use, not because the engine is not capable. Choose the brands that offer the best gearbox/transmission and you should be fine.

And please don't follow the euros and go with diesel. Those things are absolute nightmare in term of public health and the regulations built to lower that threat have made them the lowest reliable option with lots of issues with exhaust gas regulation valves, filters. This is simply a dead end.

That said SUV are a really bad idea in general imho. They take more room outside while you get less room inside than in a regular car/van. This is backward thinking. The only benefit of these cars come for obese/elderly/disabled people who don't have to bend down to enter in the car. But we are healthy and flexible cyclists here at vsalon right ?
    --
    T h o m a s