User Tag List

Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1318

Thread: Things I want, like, now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Things I want, like, now.

Quote Originally Posted by jdp211 View Post
    This is 100% of the reason I want one. I *LOVE* Dirt Every Day. If they could figure a way to get Edd China involved it would be unbelievable

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A reasonably priced car with a decent-sized engine, a manual transmission, leather seats, and a decent amount of interior space. Not a VW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randonneur View Post
    A reasonably priced car with a decent-sized engine, a manual transmission, leather seats, and a decent amount of interior space. Not a VW.
    Mazda 6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honda accord V6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    honda accord V6.
    I think here we can only get the 2.4 with the 6sp manual, but that might still be an option. Civic hatch is also a possibility. Or Mazda3 or 6 with the 2.5 engine (decent-sized engine being a somewhat relative term for these cars). Or a Toyata Tacoma TRD Sport, or Focus RS/ST (neither of which are particularly reasonably priced). Leather seats seem to be the dealbreaker, otherwise I could look to a few others, including Subaru.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"...Leather seats seem to be the dealbreaker..."
    Leather seating is essential for a cyclist whose bikes might go inside for a road trip.
    A smudge of grease/oil on leather is solved in 10 seconds with Lemon Pledge and a paper towel.
    The same situation on a cloth seat (especially light-colored cloth) is an ordeal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think here we can only get the 2.4 with the 6sp manual, but that might still be an option. Civic hatch is also a possibility. Or Mazda3 or 6 with the 2.5 engine (decent-sized engine being a somewhat relative term for these cars). Or a Toyata Tacoma TRD Sport, or Focus RS/ST (neither of which are particularly reasonably priced). Leather seats seem to be the dealbreaker, otherwise I could look to a few others, including Subaru.
    Katzkin makes amazing aftermarket leather seat covers whic most dealers will install as a upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried the Mazda3 with the base engine? Surprisingly peppy for such a fuel efficient engine and this is coming from a guy who daily drives a Subaru WRX (hatchback obviously).
    Last edited by murphy; 05-25-2017 at 12:26 PM. Reason: fix punctuation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't driven a Mazda 6, but we do have a new CX-9 in the family. I keep telling myself it shouldn't be so much fun to drive a 7-seater. I would be sure to test drive the 6.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    I haven't driven a Mazda 6, but we do have a new CX-9 in the family. I keep telling myself it shouldn't be so much fun to drive a 7-seater. I would be sure to test drive the 6.
    I'm years away from a new car, but must admit that the CX-9 is an attractive alternative to a car.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honda accord V6.
    The Honda Accord sedan is not available with a V-6 and a manual. The manual can be gotten on the V-6 Accord coupe, but not the sedan.

I've been driving manuals since I learned how to drive at 16 and I've owned at least four cars with manuals, including my current GTI, which is now 11 years old.

Totally over manuals. Manuals are not faster than automatics and especially not automated dual clutch manual transmissions and for daily driving they are really old in traffic, especially with a gradient.

The only way I'm getting another manual transmission car is if I own a 2+ car garage and own a car like a Miata or Boxster and even then I know it's pure vanity because automatics have gotten so good.

Manual transmissions are not dissimilar to insisting upon friction shifting on a bike. 34 years of driving manuals. I have nothing left to prove with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Katzkin makes amazing aftermarket leather seat covers whic most dealers will install as a upgrade.
    Wow, those things are cool. Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    Have you tried the Mazda3 with the base engine? Surprisingly peppy for such a fuel efficient engine and this is coming from a guy who daily drives a Subaru WRX (hatchback obviously).
    I love the 3, and have test driven a lot of them in all sorts of variations, 2nd (09-13) & 3rd (2014+) gen. the base engine is ok, the 2.5 is nicer. The 2.3 Turbo is like a boot in the chest and a yank in the arm (torque steer FTW!). Yeah, I really really wanted a speed3 but changing family requirements mean that we need something a bit bigger than a 3. Maybe down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Totally over manuals. Manuals are not faster than automatics and especially not automated dual clutch manual transmissions and for daily driving they are really old in traffic, especially with a gradient.
    Manual transmissions are not dissimilar to insisting upon friction shifting on a bike. 34 years of driving manuals. I have nothing left to prove with them.
    I get, they're totally anachronistic. I heard that nowadays, they can act as a theft deterrent since modern day thieves can't drive stick. If I drove in stop+go traffic a lot, I wouldn't have one. Yet, I really like shifting the gears myself. It's not a rational thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I caved in and bought this last December. Love it. Yep 6 speed trans. Subaru's CVT isn't going to stand up to the way it's driven. Especially when I'm done with the engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the time of year when I start thinking of a new, superlight canoe in kevlar, carbon, or some combo of light stuff.

Currently: Prospector 17’4″ - Langford Canoe

But then I always seem to remember that I have absolutely no indoor space to store a boat that's almost 18' long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caleb, why weren't those things in play when I was wandering between MN Boundary Waters and Quetico? Two weeks of paddling and portage with full Dulith packs front and rear and a full size Grumman on my shoulders while being eaten alive by mosquitoes....priceless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I test drove a 2014 leftover 3 hatchback in the grand touring trim and found it very nice...
    still searching for a car where I can fold one seat and put the bike (~55 ) in upright with the front wheel off... heard the VW golf does it. And the Honda fit. The former I cant support these days. And a hear the latter is a bit underpowered on the highway and somewhat Spartan...
    From my tape measurements, the Mazda 3 hatch falls short of this--unfortunately--though I never actually tried with my bike.
    I'm going to look at the new civic hatch. in the next few weeks see how that goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skouri1 View Post
    I test drove a 2014 leftover 3 hatchback in the grand touring trim and found it very nice...
    still searching for a car where I can fold one seat and put the bike (~55 ) in upright with the front wheel off... heard the VW golf does it. And the Honda fit. The former I cant support these days. And a hear the latter is a bit underpowered on the highway and somewhat Spartan...
    From my tape measurements, the Mazda 3 hatch falls short of this--unfortunately--though I never actually tried with my bike.
    I'm going to look at the new civic hatch. in the next few weeks see how that goes.
    Confirmed on the Fit in all respects. I like the car a lot, but it is definitely utilitarian. If I could change one thing, I would alleviate the road noise, which is pretty considerable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honda accord V6.
    the crosstour model is the bomb. just sold mine this weekend for a toyota highlander. regardless its sweet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skouri1 View Post
    And the Honda fit. [...] And a hear the latter is a bit underpowered on the highway and somewhat Spartan...
    What do you mean by underpowered ? Don't you have speed limits here ?

My only car has been a 85bhp Mazda 2 over the last 7 years with 2 kids and the power is plenty enough to keep up with anything in the left lane.

The only time the car feel a bit underpowered is during the yearly summer trip to go on holidays in south of France with the car fully loaded + a rooftop box and a bike, mountain to climbs and the air conditionning. But do one trip per year justify the cost of a pricier and bigger car ? I don't think so. Insurrance, fuel and tires costs climb very fast once you choose a bigger car.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are thinking too much like a European. Don't you know in America, BIGGER is always BETTER?

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    What do you mean by underpowered ? Don't you have speed limits here ?

My only car has been a 85bhp Mazda 2 over the last 7 years with 2 kids and the power is plenty enough to keep up with anything in the left lane.

The only time the car feel a bit underpowered is during the yearly summer trip to go on holidays in south of France with the car fully loaded + a rooftop box and a bike, mountain to climbs and the air conditionning. But do one trip per year justify the cost of a pricier and bigger car ? I don't think so. Insurrance, fuel and tires costs climb very fast once you choose a bigger car.