Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Things I want, like, now.

Drool!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post

unfortunately - my climate doesn't allow me to enjoy something like this - so i'll need to seek out a chukka version instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this.... because I need another wagon.

Chevrolet : Impala Chevrolet : Impala | eBay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post

I see cars like the Impala, and wish Detroit had a retro option sometimes. I smile every time I see a 1978 Z28 and think of my wasted high school years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this the wrong kinda question to ask about a sweet rig like this, but what kind of gas milage could you get out of one of these?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of a 327, you should easily see 14/15 mpg even if you drive like a hooligan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Out of a 327, you should easily see 14/15 mpg even if you drive like a hooligan.
    You're not helping Christian!

But seriously, something like this Impala would be an awesome, practical, classic car. And if it gets 10+ MPG, you could actually drive it somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably figure on about 10-13 in town and 17-20 on the highway with a gentle throttle and a well tuned Rochester q-jet carb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably figure on about 10-13 in town and 17-20 on the highway with a gentle throttle and a well tuned Rochester q-jet carb.
    I was getting 17 on the hwy at 80 mph.....not ;)

That is a lovely vehicle LOVE IT. I learned how to drive on an SS 2 dr. version of that. Yummy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can get 22 hwy with my wagon. More motor, but FI. I got about 17 highway in my 66 malibu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha! I pass my dream car every time I head out south for some gravel.

It certainly runs deep. Dad had a '63 SS 409, then a '65 and sold it to get a 4-door '69 when my older bro came along. It was born with a 327 but grew into a throaty, thirsty 396 by the time I had my first recollections. The black vinyl fried our tender skin in the summers, but some hand kiting out the window with C.W. on the 8-track made the trips to Grandpa's farm quite enjoyable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lord, if i ever had money, it would be this, christenberry, and decarava

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ludwig Acrolite is the second-most recorded snare drum in history, behind the Ludwig Supraphonic. Through the company's ups and downs (currently way, waaay up), their snare drums have gotten them through. Most drummers who endorse other brands specifically have a clause excluding snare drums. Why? Ludwig snare drums.

The Acrolite is maybe one step above scrap metal. It used to be thought of as a student-only model. But they have a cult-like following; and many drummers would consider their collection incomplete without one. My badgeless 5x14 Acro (maybe 70's or 80's) was purchased for me by my parents when I was 11. It is still my go-to snare. There were a handful of 6.5x14 Acros made throughout the years; rarer than hen's teeth. Resale value was well above the other Acros. I always wanted one. Well now I can have one...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=1&theater

Not even on the website yet. The traditionalist in me would prefer an 8-lug model for feel; but I'll take the 10-lug model for more accurate tuning, and because that's how its offered. I'll fuggin' take it.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Audi Allroad is coming back, based on the A4 rather than the A6.
    Indulge your Protour caravan dreams.

Probably stupid expensive, and not available in manual/TDI like our Jetta wagon, but still...

my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a 1st gen A6 based allroad here in the fleet at work maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Man did that big heavy thing eat the (tiny) stock brakes. Nice car though, I dug the TT V6 engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got an Allroad as a dealer loaner a few years ago, while another audi was in getting serviced. It was nice enough; if a bit numb. When I finally gave up on my defender as a daily driver last summer, I test drove a few current audis. Good lord are they awful drives: Competent but lifeless and utterly without soul. I hope they inject a bit of character into the new AllRoad but I see Audi getting worse before they get better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look at the VW/Audi offerings over in the EU and I get really frustrated. Man would I love an allroad TDI. Matt, I'm sure you know this, but the A6 allroad never went away over there, and the A4 isn't really "new," just new to us. They only import selected models so that VW and Audi don't directly compete with one another.

When we bought our A4 Avant from the dealer in Nyack back in July, there was an A4 allroad parked out front. Sales guy said that it was one of if not the only one in the US. They couldn't sell it - "who's going to buy a $60K A4?" - so one of the managers was driving it.

al415 - I love driving our A4. It's not a sports car, but that's not what I was after. Although, my other driver is an F-150 with 200K+ miles, so to me, it all being relative, it almost feels like one. The Tiptronic and paddle shifters are awesome, esp. when passing or on mountain passes. It fits our needs perfectly and the dog appreciates the space, although I do wish we had a B8 which stretches the overall length six or eight inches over the previous generation.

A6 allroads go for pretty cheap as they're all seven model years old now. I want one just to play with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EddieBirdsell View Post
    I look at the VW/Audi offerings over in the EU and I get really frustrated. Man would I love an allroad TDI. Matt, I'm sure you know this, but the A6 allroad never went away over there, and the A4 isn't really "new," just new to us. They only import selected models so that VW and Audi don't directly compete with one another.

al415 - I love driving our A4. It's not a sports car, but that's not what I was after. Although, my other driver is an F-150 with 200K+ miles, so to me, it all being relative, it almost feels like one. The Tiptronic and paddle shifters are awesome, esp. when passing or on mountain passes. It fits our needs perfectly and the dog appreciates the space, although I do wish we had a B8 which stretches the overall length six or eight inches over the previous generation.

I hear you on the cars Europe gets. Though VW addresses this a bit better thesedays: They brought both R32's; and the Golf R is here now too. I also agree that the avant offers good utility, and compared to a big truck it must feel pretty nimble! I drove from Belfast to Westport (several hours) in an A4 Avant, and if I still had hair I'd have pulled it out from boredom. Mind you, I've driven a couple of formula cars in anger, and like my daily drivers to be at least a little cheeky! I drove the last generation of (V8) S4's and while it's more boat than go-kart, it sure was a nice car to drive!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by al415 View Post
    I hear you on the cars Europe gets. Though VW addresses this a bit better thesedays: They brought both R32's; and the Golf R is here now too. I also agree that the avant offers good utility, and compared to a big truck it must feel pretty nimble! I drove from Belfast to Westport (several hours) in an A4 Avant, and if I still had hair I'd have pulled it out from boredom. Mind you, I've driven a couple of formula cars in anger, and like my daily drivers to be at least a little cheeky! I drove the last generation of (V8) S4's and while it's more boat than go-kart, it sure was a nice car to drive!
    The 2.0T I-4 platform really is quite nice, and they addressed the oil sludge issues from the 1.8T. Decent fuel economy, good space, I'm 6'2" and I'm able to configure the interior to sleep in the back and have done so a half dozen times now. We have it set up to take four bikes or three bikes and up to four sets of skis. Although, when really loaded down, fuel economy starts to suffer. I drove it completely dry at moderate highway speed when we first got it and was seeing 32+ MPG. At faster highway speeds and fully loaded down we're seeing 26.

For a cost effective go-kart, the WRX is nuts. I drove Darren's from Greenwich to Northampton and back, and I felt like I was at Six Flags.