New Luccheses from el paso.

"SHUT UP LEGS"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cowboy boots

VERY nice. I've got a very old pair of Luccese made with acid proof soles that I used for mucking stalls and after school work at the local horse stables.
    Disturbed has some boots, I think it takes about 1/2 a cow to make the left boot. Just a guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these are my daily drivers. pair on left is on is third complete soles, pair on right is only on second.

they are made in Mercedes, TX. Machine stretched, but hand stitched. maybe next time i will spend for the hand streatched.........

shaner
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shaner, brand name?

Been looking for some to serve as work wear. Have not had good luck so far, killing the last 2 pair in the last 2 winter/ spring seasons (work = shop wrench and neutral race support)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been wearing and selling Lucchese boots for over 25 years. In fact I am wearing a pair of my favorites today--the full quill ostrich which is incredibly supple but still very durable. They are a finely crafted handmade piece of Western Americana. Sam Lucchese made boots for many western stars including John Wayne and Gary Cooper. LBJ gave them out as official White House gifts. The beauty of the Lucchese "Classic" or any other handcrafted boot like T.O. Stanley is the fact that they can truly become heirloom pieces. I have handed down several pair of mine to my son when my size changed--age related...it happen to all of us. Lucchese has a reconditioning and relasting service where they will restore their boots to like new condition. I have some boots that are 20 years old and still look great. Muy Bueno!

Ride "em Cowboy
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tony Llama teju lizard, buffalo uppers in peanut brittle - starter pair

Star Boots buck skin - completely handmade in Mexico; not sure where you can get them, I got them at the place in Paramus that went out of business

Lucchese 1883 - snip toe, for the lady

I'll go custom eventually. When I'm not at work or working out, I wear almost exclusively western boots. The feel of a proper fitting pair of boots is akin to walking around in slippers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received my first pair of boots for christmas last year, Tony Llama, not terribly fancy, more of a workboot. They're water proof with a rubbersole, nearly as comfortable as my Birks.

A friend I served in Iraq with is getting married, wants us to wear boots, the Tony's are not dressy enough. Any recommendations on style, brand, model for a jeans/tie cowboy wedding? He apologized, I said no worries, rather buy a pair of boots than rent a tuxedo anyday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any recommendations on style, brand, model for a jeans/tie

Try Lucchese for this .First pair of boots should be black, brown, or black cherry calf skin. Wear them with jeans, trousers, jackets, and even a suit/shirt/tie. Style would be 2 toe 4 heel. The #2 toe is classic toe not too rounded, not too pointy with the classic #4 cowboy heel. Looks like the toe/heel in first post. Price is around $600--but you get what you pay for. . No regrets or buyer's remorse with this quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank
    I tend to like the roper style, what's your take on those. Not dressy enough? I have wide feet, big calves, ropers tend to fit better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chad,

I defer to and agree with fc356, who certainly has far more experience than myself.

A great start would be just what he described - a moderate toe and heel, I'd argue for black. Something along the lines of a J or #2 toe - not too pointed, but not too rounded like a roper would be, and a #4 heel, which might also be described as a "Cuban heel," although perhaps a Cuban heel has a bit more taper. I went with a slightly pointier snip toe, and while I thought it a bit showy for my usually conservative style, I've come to love them.

I wear the first boot you see here to work on occasion, and I work in a very buttoned up suit-and-tie workplace:

StarBoots: Men's Leather Boots, Sueded Buffalo, Harness Boots, and more

A great option would seem to me to be something like a Lucchese 2000. Website isn't too forthcoming on toe and heel styles for particular models, but maybe something like the
    T3094?

Lucchese Boot Co. - Official Site / Lucchese 2000 - T3094

Also, FWIW, Tony Llama is a Berkshire Hathaway company, so although made in El Paso, they're local'ish to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea if David Espinoza is still making boots. He either is or was one of the last guys around who makes boots for working cowboys and at the time I got mine was the maker for the AZ cowboy college. If anyone heads to his shop let me know if he is still making boots.l

Bootmaker-David Espinoza | Phoenix, AZ 85016 | DexKnows.com™

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Dustin View Post
    shaner, brand name?

Been looking for some to serve as work wear. Have not had good luck so far, killing the last 2 pair in the last 2 winter/ spring seasons (work = shop wrench and neutral race support)
    They are Anderson Bean brand, they are a division of Rios of Mercedes. Rios is the more custom side simular to Lucche. I think I paid around $220 for these. Rios charges around $100 to get them reworked. Anderson Bean sells a cheaper Mexican made boot that looks the same, but is cheaper. I have tried a few pair on and just don't feel as good as the US made versions.

Anderson Bean Boot Company - South Texas Western Boots

I also have a pair of Lucchese and they are excellent boots also.

take care,
    shaner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Too Tall;264444]I have no idea if David Espinoza is still making boots. He either is or was one of the last guys around who makes boots for working cowboys QUOTE]

By brother-in-law runs a ranch (working cattle, building fence, bailing hay) and also wears the Anderson Beans like mine everyday. My father was in the cattle business growing up....lots of cowboys left in south texas. However, not a pretty way to make a living...............

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank
    I tend to like the roper style, what's your take on those. Not dressy enough? I have wide feet, big calves, ropers tend to fit better

Chad
    The roper style is more of a work boot look. As for as wide feet and big calves, Lucchese goes up to a 4E and I have fit many guys who had big calves. For a small upcharge, usually $50-75 , Lucchese will widen the tops to accommodate a big calf. I typically measure the diameter of the calf and Lucchese uses that info to build the boot. Same thing if you have an hi-instep. Mike Martinez, the production manager at Lucchese will spec and build them to suit the customer..

Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of boots. I just got an set of RedWing Pecos from (gag) ebay. Could not find size 15 anywhere else. I lived in these for yrs. and am pretty happy about this. For < $100 you get an indestuctable, comfortable boot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one pair of Luccheses that are on their third sole. Best boots I ever bought and I wear those every day. A few months ago I bought a pair of alligator skin Luccheses. I was surprised how durable they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    VERY nice. I've got a very old pair of Luccese made with acid proof soles that I used for mucking stalls and after school work at the local horse stables.
    Disturbed has some boots, I think it takes about 1/2 a cow to make the left boot. Just a guess.
    Yeah and I kill and eat the damm cow too.

Seven pair last time I looked. I'm now getting my boots here. http://www.caboots.com/category/12d/

I work/ride [horses not feking bicycles] in mine. Tall working boots, underslung heel and a pointy toe makes me look tallerer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When in Casper... When I went through town I picked up some nice Tony Llamas. Nothing special or custom I know, but just nice boots. Cool store.