Quote Originally Posted by devlin View Post
I can't add anymore to the adulations than to agree whole heartedly to all of them. Everytime I have spoken to or had email contact with Dazza he has been the most helpful and most generous with his advice and the time taken. I really appreciate his practical and common sense approach to his work. Makes for high quality work.

Dazza, now that you have lugs, drop outs and some braze on components in your line up and I know you have a fork crown on the way, do you have any ambition or notion to have your own spec tubing? Do the tubes that are on offer from the manufacturers cover all the frame scenarios that will be encountered? Do you see a need for using XCr, 953, etc. with the frames that you make?
Thanks mate.

Regards tubing, most of the bases are covered.
but there is a few new particular tubes I am getting Columbus to make and or remake. 35mm DT and some older seat stays I like.

Dario Pegoretti and I got Columbus onto making a XCr tubes set for XL sizes and lugs. I got some sample sets and made a frame I took to NAHBS.
This project has been slow, supply of the stainless material for Columbus to draw the tubes from is the problem
but I am told it is about to happen
Columbus is also going to have OS tubes in XCr material. This will sate the stainless fetish some punters have :-)
XCr is a good material to work with.
Stainless is not better, unless you live on a yacht, it is just interesting.
The bulk of my frames are made with Columbus tubes, a few True Temper tubes such as the 35mm .7.4.7 and their 28.6 steerer are the only odd ones.

My two fork crowns are at least two years away. I have got to let the dust settle on the recent projects and get bored again so as to sit and learn forms and surfaces in 3D CAD that are needed for these crowns!