Quote Originally Posted by DarrenCT View Post
richard,

what changes have you made to your frames in the last 5 or so years?
physically - 1) the head badge, intro-ed about 4 years ago, is in it third iteration. 2) the pegorichie tubing, which was just barely born then, is so much further evolved i wouldn't know where to start. 3) the lower head lug's tool was revised to change the shoreline about 2-3 years ago. 4) the rs bb shell was just a dream 5 years ago but now used by me and also sold worldwide (without the rs cutout) to scores of other effbuilders. 5) and many hand-made details have evolved and/or reached a balance point between ease of manufacture and their decorative elements that they bring to the frame. i'm sure there's a lot more, but i am swallowing a smuttynose and watching jerseylicious, so try back later.

metaphysically - everything flows much more instinctively now compared to then. i am very comfortable coming to the bench and letting my muscle memory and intuition take over. i rarely think (or over think) about the operations or processes anymore. well, i am aware of the hand-eye stuff and am confident in my coordination and skill sets. but the work opens up for me with much less effort now than ever before. it took a long time to reach this comfort level, but i am there now. if the word arrogant could possibly have positive connotations, i'd say it's valid to call me arrogant about my place in all this now. when there was a time i'd regularly second guess myself and my choices, i freely admitted it. these days (compared to five years ago) i am in the place i wanted to be atmo.