User Tag List

Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 9293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2121

Thread: Richard Sachs Cycles

  1. #2021
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    22,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    -
    Winter wonderland at the U.S. Cyclocross National Championship❄️

    Our last hurrah for the the year with the whole team together … and what a season it’s been!
    Many thanks to all those that have made it possible.

    @houseindustries
    @evertlee
    @therichardsachs & TLD
    @rajanakayoga
    @beyondbasicsmedical
    @sc235813 (Radix)
    @texmarketusa
    @cole_wheels
    @challengetires
    @girocycling
    @ride100percent
    @Crankbrothers
    @stagescycling
    @endgraincoffee
    @eatvafels
    @sramroad



  2. #2022
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    I was thinking "That question is ridiculously complex and it is crazy to think that he would take the time to craft a response." Then I chuckled at the reply. 5 pictures X 1,000 words each = 5,000 words. They say it all.

  3. #2023
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    22,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by sbarner View Post
    I was thinking "That question is ridiculously complex and it is crazy to think that he would take the time to craft a response." Then I chuckled at the reply. 5 pictures X 1,000 words each = 5,000 words. They say it all.
    ??

    What question and or reply are you referring to here?

  4. #2024
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    22,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    -
    was fun.
    much fun.
    -
    pasting in this instagram link hoping it works from here.
    -
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cmhoz...d=MWI4MTIyMDE=

    -

  5. #2025
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    2,559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Where can i get that beer?!?!?!?

  6. #2026
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    22,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    Where can i get that beer?!?!?!?


    Contact www.cantina-cantina.com





  7. #2027
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    ??

    What question and or reply are you referring to here?
    This one:

    you employ"traditional handbuilding methods"....how have your bikes evolved in relation to changes in components, threadless headsets, shallow bars, 8 degree stems, etc. etc,... i look at modern race bikes and see that for the most part people sit on a racing bike the same way- but the bikes are dramatically different....how do you keep metal bikes relevant and competitive at the highest level of sport in a plastic world?
    thanks!
    craig

  8. #2028
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    22,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by sbarner View Post
    This one:

    you employ"traditional handbuilding methods"....how have your bikes evolved in relation to changes in components, threadless headsets, shallow bars, 8 degree stems, etc. etc,... i look at modern race bikes and see that for the most part people sit on a racing bike the same way- but the bikes are dramatically different....how do you keep metal bikes relevant and competitive at the highest level of sport in a plastic world?
    thanks!
    craig
    Oh okay - I had to do a search for that conversation. It was from 2008 and on the first page of my thread here!

  9. #2029
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    22,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    Where can i get that beer?!?!?!?
    Another reply - they told me that interested parties (party-ers) should use cantinapat@gmail.com for beer inquiries.

  10. #2030
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    22,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    -
    Finimus Pariter Renovamusque Labores
    .
    All This By Hand




  11. #2031
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    22,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    -
    This is an iPad image of a photograph. Remember those? It was taken in 1989. I had to look at the Kodak marking on the back to be sure. This is a quiet corner in my third (of four) workrooms in Chester. The address was No.1, Main Street. Ya. Right on the corner as you enter the village.

    My previous spaces were just spaces. Walls. A roof. A workbench. Somewhere for all my materials and tools. The first space didn’t have windows, the second one did. Movin’ on up, etcetera. I was lucky. Rents were next to nothing. It’s one reason I survived the early years in business.

    By the time I moved into this place my goal was to create a destination. An environment that said studio rather than shop. Spare. Austere. All. Those. White. Walls. No clutter. Funny. Most of my bicycles were for folks nowhere near. Read: precious few ever walked through the door.

    I look at this setting and remember what life was like for me in this trade. I’d already spent 18 years at the bench. I was still rising, though far less sure of my stock than nearly everyone who’d place an order. I’m more sure now, but still less so than people would think.

    All This By Hand



  12. #2032
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Pacific Midwest
    Posts
    7,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Richard…you even incorporated the color of your waste can within your branded environment!
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

  13. #2033
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    22,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Richard…you even incorporated the color of your waste can within your branded environment!
    Ha I never used it.
    It was a prop in my continual quest for space planning zen.

  14. #2034
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Carrollton TX
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Richard…you even incorporated the color of your waste can within your branded environment!
    That bin needs House graphics !
    Mark Walberg
    Building bike frames for fun since 1973.

  15. #2035
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Meriden CT
    Posts
    1,660
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Even though the room didn't see many customer eyeballs it's still important to have a clean, orderly area to display your wares if not for them then for your own individual pride in ownership.

    While not much in style, it likely reflected your budget constraints of the day. Nevertheless, I think it would have made a good impression back in the day as well as it would today. I like it.

  16. #2036
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    22,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Polack View Post
    Even though the room didn't see many customer eyeballs it's still important to have a clean, orderly area to display your wares if not for them then for your own individual pride in ownership.

    While not much in style, it likely reflected your budget constraints of the day. Nevertheless, I think it would have made a good impression back in the day as well as it would today. I like it.
    Hey - thank you!

  17. #2037
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Belgium, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    A clean well-lighted place.

  18. #2038
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    393
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Interesting photo from so many perspectives.
    All downtube shifters.
    Couple of assembled bikes with non-aero brake cables.
    When was the last time you had six or seven finished frames racked on the wall that weren't pre-ordered?
    Concor saddles?

    What a long, strange trip it's been, no?

  19. #2039
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    22,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by rccardr View Post
    Interesting photo from so many perspectives.
    All downtube shifters.
    Couple of assembled bikes with non-aero brake cables.
    When was the last time you had six or seven finished frames racked on the wall that weren't pre-ordered?
    Concor saddles?

    What a long, strange trip it's been, no?
    Back in that era I kept a fleet of seven demo bicycles in odd sizes fro 51cm to 63cm all identical down to the cable crimps. Why? It was a different time. No other reason.

    Oh and adding, those weren’t stock frames racked up they were orders waiting to be shipped or collected.

  20. #2040
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    6,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

    I noticed in the Radavist photo feature that BrittLee was wearing just the hoodie at Nationals. No puffy jacket, at least for that moment. Is the hoodie that warm?
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •