Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Favorite tools

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Favorite tools

As I was looking thru the widget thread the other day I got to thinking about tools and how there is always at least one at every bench or station that comes quickly to hand. Sometimes its sentimental sometimes it's utillitarian, doesn't matter. My question to you guys is what is that tool and why.
    Heres my pick, it's what got me thinking about this thread. Its a simple pair of pliers except the jaws are horizontally opposed and they close absolutely parallel to each other. They have a slight knurled finish in the jaws but they exert such even pressure that they almost never leave a mark. You can really tweak something without leaving a bite mark from the tip. This is the tool that follows me around the shop, always on the table, never gets put away. Whats yours?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Favorite tools

it is a beautiful thing

and I have a new glamour thing that is still in it'scrate, awaiting the Loco building workshop extension..............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers Dazza
    The rock star is dying. And it's a small tragedy. Rock stars have blogs now. I have no use for that kind of rock star.
    Nick Cave

www.llewellynbikes.com
    The usual Facebook page
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/llewellyncustombicycles/
    Darrell Llewellyn McCulloch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two...don't laugh at the first one...its a small sized pair of run-of-the-mill pliers (it actually came from a tool kit that came with my 1981 Suzuki GS450L....the motorcycle is LONG gone). I grew up on a farm and a pair of pliers was like a natural extension to your hand, and one was always carried in a sheath on the belt. This pair is a constant presence on my bench and in my pocket and, therefore, while perhaps a little silly, is my favorite tool. The second is the humble Dremel....I use it more than any other tool I own.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Anderson
    Anderson Custom Bicycles
    www.andersoncustombicycles.com
    ACB on Facebook
    ACB on flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abrasive miterer built by Mark Zeh. Very clever design using little more than angle iron and stuff from Enco. Perfect miters every time even with XCr tubes.

shop 6.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy. A good set of files.