Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Custodian OS level top tube lugs now available

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Custodian OS level top tube lugs now available

G'day Gladdies, the Dazza designed and produced OS Custodian lug set is available now. [down here, Custodian really means the The keeper and guardian of valuable things and knowledge]
    HT 31.7, TT 28.6, DT 31.7, ST 28.6 60*, 73*, 73*
    These lugs are available direct from only me and from the adorable Peter Evans at Framebuilding Bicycles. Tubing, Parts, and Tools
    More details, pictures and data sheets
    NEW Custodian OS lugs {for level top tube
    Any questions?
    email me direct darrell@llewellynbikes.com
    Cheers Dazza

A story of the sixth Design and Form by Llewellyn casting project, the forth lug set.
    The “Custodian” lug set for OS tubes with a level top tube.
    There are many OS lug sets on the market, and this lug set could be considered parallel with these, however the Custodian set has many important features the others lack.
    I was using many other brands of lugs, some designed and produced by my close friends and colleagues in the frame building community however there were issues I wanted to avoid in my style of frame building.
    This lug set had to have all the usual desired features such as a stainless steel M6 cap head seat binder bolt, anti seat post damage shape to the key hole slot, cast M5 gear with spring counter bore bosses on the DT lug, lots of seat tube skirt to allow the builder to trim to fit the desired seat stay attachment style.
    Lots of stack height on the top head lug that can be trimmed to suit the frame design.
    For the stainless polished lugs there is a shelf in top of the seat lug that sits on top of the seat tube. This avoids the exposed braze line between seat lug and seat tube and also removing the need to make a small piece of stainless tube to sit on top of and inside the seat lug to avoid the otherwise exposed rusty top edge of the seat tube.
    No detail in the design is left out.
    These lugs are also similar in shape to the OS Compact set but with a few tweaks to sate the desire for a curvy but simple lug shoreline that can be left as they are, or room for elaboration if so desired. The Custodian lug set arrived in 2010.
    At the 2010 North American Hand Built Show where these lugs were first show cased to the world a Llewellyn stainless Custodian lugged frame painted by Joe Cosgrove won the best paint award.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers Dazza
    The rock star is dying. And it's a small tragedy. Rock stars have blogs now. I have no use for that kind of rock star.
    Nick Cave

www.llewellynbikes.com
    The usual Facebook page
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/llewellyncustombicycles/
    Darrell Llewellyn McCulloch