Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Maietta Cycles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Maietta Cycles

I don't have a Facebook account so I won't be using that route. I've sent Tony an e-mail asking about the status of my frame order, since it's been over a year. Anyone else that's curious can send me a PM via the V-Salon.

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Polack View Post
    I don't have a Facebook account so I won't be using that route. I've sent Tony an e-mail asking about the status of my frame order, since it's been over a year. Anyone else that's curious can send me a PM via the V-Salon.
    i'm 4 frames before you in queue.

can't reach Tony.

frame was supposed to be done just after last summer from that ebay sale.

will PM you soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter -
    I think you, and guys who followed your lead on this thread, should contact eBay. That's where the paper and money trail begins/ends.

Quote Originally Posted by jerms View Post
    i'm 4 frames before you in queue.

can't reach Tony.

frame was supposed to be done just after last summer from that ebay sale.

will PM you soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    Peter -
    I think you, and guys who followed your lead on this thread, should contact eBay. That's where the paper and money trail begins/ends.
    you guys who bought the frames all took a risk buying vapor wear at a price that was too good to be true from a non-established framebuilder and through a non-normal (for this type of item) sales channel. i can tell you that while i was starting out i certainly was lucky to have the trust of folks who would take a flyer on me delivering a product as advertized- but you guys took this risk and sorry if i am not wholly sympathetic to the tardiness of the frame and the lack of communication.

tony even described the auction as a way to "raise capital" showing as many of us pointed out that he didn't quite get how business works. deposits are not money- they are by definition liabilities. it's scary and a red flag to me when someone looks at a deposit as income. as richard said, it's robbing peter to paul.

you guys bought bikes from a hobbyist not a professional. this doesn't reflect on framebuilders as a whole- but it does reflect on the traps anyone starting out without a plan or real experience in this game can expect. life is not without risk, but come on? that initial ebay auction looked plenty risky to me and those in the know so much as said so in previous threads.

thanks,
    c
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    you guys who bought the frames all took a risk buying vapor wear at a price that was too good to be true from a non-established framebuilder and through a non-normal (for this type of item) sales channel. i can tell you that while i was starting out i certainly was lucky to have the trust of folks who would take a flyer on me delivering a product as advertized- but you guys took this risk and sorry if i am not wholly sympathetic to the tardiness of the frame and the lack of communication.

tony even described the auction as a way to "raise capital" showing as many of us pointed out that he didn't quite get how business works. deposits are not money- they are by definition liabilities. it's scary and a red flag to me when someone looks at a deposit as income. as richard said, it's robbing peter to paul.

you guys bought bikes from a hobbyist not a professional. this doesn't reflect on framebuilders as a whole- but it does reflect on the traps anyone starting out without a plan or real experience in this game can expect. life is not without risk, but come on? that initial ebay auction looked plenty risky to me and those in the know so much as said so in previous threads.

thanks,
    c

Agreed. I think what happened here has nothing to do with framebuilding, framebuilders, the niche, or the profession. To say there is some overlap is simple-minded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jerk, just as some people trusted you, we trusted Tony. He'd been in business 5 years and all other indications pointed to a stable presence.

Richard is right; this "has nothing to do with framebuilding, framebuilders, the niche, or the profession". And thanks to him for suggesting alternatives such as contacting Tony through his Facebook page.

You seem to be focused on saying "I told you so". We, his customers, aren't playing the "poor me/victim" role. We're trying to stay focused on finding a solution. If you can't help us, then please don't criticize us. We have our parents for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richard is right; this "has nothing to do with framebuilding, framebuilders, the niche, or the profession". And thanks to him for suggesting alternatives such as contacting Tony through his Facebook page.
    These were eBay auction items you bid on. Contact eBay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With regret I'm closing Tony's Smoked Out thread until such time I'm made aware he is willing to respond here.
    PM me or send email to me.

*Update 3/9/12 Tony is back on line.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 03-09-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum...tml#post376197

Tony, if you are game please take the lead here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping some users here can help or give me a head up on the Whereabouts of Mr Maietta.

It's been over 12 months since he took $170 for a PF30 reamer and I've never received it. Anyone else know where he is??, or for those in the US maybe someone can go pay him a visit.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. This thread is sad. It should be required reading for aspiring frame-builders; something along the lines of "mistakes to be avoided, so as to not ruin your name and cheat people from their hard earned money."

And why has nobody simply called it like it is: theft? It seems like everybody thinks he's a good guy, but the good guy has seemingly walked away with more than one frame's worth of money (not to mention reamers) and is probably never coming back to the industry. If I'd comported myself like this, I'd be ashamed. It sounds like it wasn't a lot of money, even a freaking payment plan to people is better than radio silence and going completely MIA. Maietta- hang your head, you've got nobody to blame for this but yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stumbled on a frame of his for sale and never heard of this guy before. After reading the threads about the eBay scam, theft, whatever I found his LinkedIn profile that said that he's a MBA candidate at Brown University starting March 2015! I guess the eBay auction was really a fund to help him become a better businessman...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many years down the road and I return to this thread with notable regret and with an attempt to close the loop on many obvious mistakes I made. When I closed my business in the spring of 2012 the process of selling my equipment and refunding outstanding deposits (save for one that took too long to reconcile) happened all very quickly. However, I did a very poor job refunding the money paid for PF30 reamers that were never delivered. If you paid for a PF30 reamer back in the day from me and never received the product please email me (amaietta@gmail.com) or call me (508.667.6188) and I would like to settle up with you to whatever amount you feel is fair. I also still have my personal PF30 reamer that was only used once and I would be happy to give it to a frame builder who could use it, free of charge. My goal is to not re-open the discussion on this topic; just to apologize and seek out those I owe an overdue refund.

Best Regards,
    Tony
    Anthony Maietta
    Web Site | Blog | Flickr
    "The person who says it can not be done, should not interrupt the person doing it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for chiming in Tony.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789