Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Guns

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Guns

I just ran across this video showing the production process at Verney-Carron and thought you might be interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

proud to be an american with terrible taste in everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get out much to shoot but heading out with a few friends tomorrow morning, Dover Furnace, about 45 minutes from Greenwich.

I have a Remington 1100, Ruger 10/22 Carbine with a Rosewood stock, and an inherited Winchester 67-22 which is my favorite.

One day I'll get a photo of the Winchester, it's super cool. Not entirely sure of its age but, I do know its from somewhere in the 40's based on a few details.

Excited to go tomorrow and was perusing the thread, figured I'd share.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually just researched and found out my 67-22 is from 1937. Cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caleb thanks for posting the video. I've got a friend who owned a restoration shop for many years and watching how the barrels were put together in the video reminded me of when he would strip and re-lay ribs on model 21's as well as some others.

Justin cool beans on your Winchester. Be aware that any Winchester firearm from the pre war period has some collector value. It's something you may want to research a bit more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    proud to be an american with terrible taste in everything.
    That looks suspiciously like Oscar Pistorius' bedroom (apart from maybe the poster)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll toss up a ugly pic of my pretty 21. 26" bbl, pure skeet. One of these days, I'd like to have the folks at Connecticut make me a second set of barrels, 28 or even 30. But that's after my next bike.

21a.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I just ran across this video showing the production process at Verney-Carron and thought you might be interested.
    Beautiful vid! I love that case at the end, too. It's a small thing, I suppose, when one considers everything else that goes into creating such masterful firearms, but I love cases that are made with as much skill and precision as the piece they're cradling. Holsters and scabbards, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaq View Post
    I'll toss up a ugly pic of my pretty 21. 26" bbl, pure skeet. One of these days, I'd like to have the folks at Connecticut make me a second set of barrels, 28 or even 30. But that's after my next bike.

21a.jpg
    Nicely stocked. Got a date of manufacture on that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! I actually have a leather stock pad I put on now and again; that butt gets painful after a few boxes. I've forgotten the date (shame on me); sometime in the '40s, I believe. I've got Ned Schwing's book on the 21; it gives dates and serial nos. I'll check when I get a moment. It's been a wonderful doublegun; mostly use it for skeet & some sporting clays. Tried some trap shooting once and that was just embarrassing. It's also been great for pheasant, though I haven't done any bird hunting in probably 6 or 7 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Les Baer goodness:

IMG_0117 (1280x926).jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Les Baer goodness:

IMG_0117 (1280x926).jpg
    Sweet gun. Shooting any competition with that? What loads does it like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaq from the photo that you posted it appears that your 21 has the kidney style checkering on the foreend which generally puts it before ww-II. Has the stock been replaced or at least refinished? maybe it's just the lighting in the photo but the general condition and color seem different than the rest of the gun. Just curious. If you're seriously interested in having csmc build you a second set of barrels give a fair amount of thought to what you want to use them for. My pre war 21 is 28" f/f and it swings well but several years ago I lucked into a duck model with 32" tubes mod/mod and due to how it's balanced and overall weight it's the nicest swinging shotgun that I own. I've used it for olympic skeet as well as fitasc and the long tubes aren't a handicap in either of those activities. The 21 is built like a tank isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    Sweet gun. Shooting any competition with that? What loads does it like?
    I have 12" A500 plates off my porch at 20 and 50 yds. I like the "ding". Presently playing with 5gr HP38 and Missouri Bullet Co 200 gr round or swc. Bought the piece used, it's very nice for a '97. Sending it off to Alchemy for a "tune up". Going to the fun show today to pawn off my S&W 1911.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 12" A500 plates off my porch at 20 and 50 yds. I like the "ding". Presently playing with 5gr HP38 and Missouri Bullet Co 200 gr round or swc. Bought the piece used, it's very nice for a '97. Sending it off to Alchemy for a "tune up". Going to the fun show today to pawn off my S&W 1911.
    For smallbore fun, I use old circular saw blades hung from tree limbs. Makes a very satisfying Ping when hit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this thing sitting on a bench at the fun show. Too bad I am not ritchie rich; otherwise I'd have this sucker turned into something exciting. It's actually in very nice condition for it's age. I put it up on the 24hourcampfire. Will make someone a dandy sporter.

IMG_0131 (1280x569).jpg
    IMG_0133 (1280x546).jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this thing sitting on a bench at the fun show. Too bad I am not ritchie rich; otherwise I'd have this sucker turned into something exciting. It's actually in very nice condition for it's age. I put it up on the 24hourcampfire. Will make someone a dandy sporter.

IMG_0131 (1280x569).jpg
    IMG_0133 (1280x546).jpg
    Mauser action fabricated in Argentina, correct? Caliber? Cool find!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an '06. Rechambered from 7.65 somewhere along the way. This is the holy grail of Mauser actions. The floorplate is hinged into the trigger guard, so it's very clean. If you google custom rifles in this action you will see everything from 6mm to .404 Jeffries and beyond. Probably this one would make a nice '06 sporter with a timney trigger and a Boyd's stock. I recognized it and scooped it up. The good custom guys would harden the action and go bonkers, resulting in a $2000-4500 finished product. Check out accuratereloading.com sometime.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567