Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Guns

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Guns

Thanks, the Remington looks really interesting. Most definately shoulder worthy :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toots for a little more oomph try one of the Thompson Center rimfires chambered for the Hornady Mach 2. I've got a first gen in 22LR and it's a very sweet light accurate squirrel... uhm plinker ;>) rifle. My dad has a Savage Bolt action in the 17 hummer and I've shot prairie dogs at a 100 yds in South Dakota with it, but it's a bit much for a plinker. Not a fan of the 10-22 but if you keep the action and throw the rest away you can build a tack driver and get a custom stock to fit. The nylon 66 is a sweet little rifle if you can find one in good condition for not a lot of $$.
    I like to shoot, not enough time to do it as well as I used to but I still hit what I shoot at. Enjoy the day all.

Frank
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey shooters, just found this thread. toots will _need_ a custom-sized stock on a 10/22. they're short for folks of lesser proportions. 10/22's rock because of their popularity and easy access to any sort of add-ons/mods you like. i'd like to try the best triggers for them--see if i could live with one again. the nylon 66 is cool because it was such a racy gun in the day-i'm not sure about the 66 but it's peer the 552? speedmaster is the only 22 auto that'll fire short, long, and lr interchangeably. I shoot a lot of shorts. I need to repair the stock i busted on my marlin golden 39A-takedown lever. it shoots wonderful, has that sweet "cowboy" action, and not a bad stock trigger (mine is from the 60's). I'd buy another. really haven't disliked any 22 long gun i've owned.

sold a real custom revolver to help with wpv lifting off.

am making a flintlock longrifle. (have bbl and lock, need wood and furniture)

back to the o/p: love the peep. i have a williams for a mauser conversion project, want one for my 1894--or i might just build one. my #1 ruger is the tropical in 375HH-a good, old fashioned, no-nonsense magnum.

also picked up my first new one in a long long time recently. the ruger flattop anniversery repro in 44 special/stainless/short bbl. I'll post some pics when i get the trigger where i want it and the stocks fitted a little better. (i sold two more expensive ones to justify buying this one-and like this one better already) I'll deer hunt with it with skeeter skelton loadings. yeah, i load everything too. started casting last year--just r/b so far. must get moulds for the .429 in a keith style. perfect packin' pistol.
    Last edited by WadePatton; 09-26-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful work. I have a 1895 45-70 myself. Early "Guide Gun" model. William's peep in the rear. Used to have a .444 but it was stolen from my place when I lived in Los Lunas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It's better to not know so much than to know so many things that ain't so." -- Josh Billings, 1885

A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome—in the end we are not only defined by our friends, but also those aligned against us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday, after a good day grouse hunting, I sat down on a log with a cold Oktoberfest.

Two threads in one:

IMG_0634.jpg

Yes, I'm a hillbilly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 1944 Ignacio Ugartechea I picked up a few weeks back as a Christmas gift for my brother. It was in sorry shape when I recieved it, but hopefully after a trip to the gunsmith and a bit of my elbow grease it'll have a new life afield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the first non-hunting shotgun i've ever owned. it's stupid, but awesome all at the same time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jerk, has that been modified by Vang Comp or Scattergun Technologies? Pretty cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope. it's just a stock fn herstal slp with the 18" barrel. cool active valve gas system. it'll shoot pretty much anything and it kicks like a little girl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice. I've got a 1975 Remington 870 in mint shape that I love - classic lines, accurate enough for my purposes - and a 1926 Winchester model 12 that isn't photo worthy, but well made all the same.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12g Serbu super shorty, mossberg reciever, modified by serbu firearms
    It's pretty fun to shoot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosss View Post
    12g Serbu super shorty, mossberg reciever, modified by serbu firearms
    It's pretty fun to shoot
    well someone has an nfa stamp!

pretty weird gun. those things are illegal in mass. sawed offs and shotguns are really the only thing you can't have in massachusetts. fuck, we're even allowed to bring guns in to churches and day care centers here....eat your heart out texas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the NFA stamp took 8 months to get, haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mo fo FITASC killin machine.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 12-03-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: BANG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Good call. I was a sponsored shooter for the (gulp) NRA when I was a kid and the downtown DC club had a rack of those and ancient anschutz. I recall those monsters were alot to hold for a young spindly arm kid. We used a heavy leather strap and I'd wear my dads blue jeans jacket to beef up my skinny body!!! My arms would go numb regardless. hahaha that's a neat rifle but I really would get bored plinking one shot at a time.
    Too Tall - Here is your bespoke .22 rifle . . . I'm sure they could build something with appropriate LOP.

cooper

Attribution: RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An across the course rifle. Winchester post 64 Model 70 action, barrelled by and barrel made by Mark Chanlynn, 1 in 11 twist. Pillar bedded and bedding job and stock refinishing by me. Chambered in .308 Win. Anschutz two stage trigger, Zelenak rear sight with Gehman aperature, front sight is an old Redfield International. It will hold a half minute group wtih the right hand loads.

Rifles 035.jpgRifles 048.jpg
    Last edited by gltapley; 01-15-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Needed more info

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gltapley: WOW! That is one gorgeous stock. Lovely.

This is my first 1911. 2 reputable gunsmiths did the work on it and it will produce 1/2" groups at 25yards with carefully prepared rounds. Built off a 1995 Kimber Royal Custom frame. Rebarreled with Kart. Tuned trigger, sear, hammer.

Cheers and keep shooting (safely)
    "For the faults of the many, do not judge the whole."
    - Babaji

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo Bill, that's too fancy for me...but I'd shoot the lights out with it no doubt. I'll never get tired of shooting an .22 long rifle...or a Glock 9mm or an S&W .357 No paper target is safe around me. Great sport, thank gosh for the cub scouts where I got my start. Right now I'm enjoying the heck out of a very proletariat .22 long rifle thanks to a Vsalonista.
    Darn shame my lefty hippy parents never set me straight, they just kept paying for ammo and driving me to competitions and never a word was spoken. Hmmmm. They were good hippies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stunning 1911!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast