Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Don Walker Cycles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Don Walker Cycles

Bike-maker Don Walker recently brought his skills to Buckner | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com

Just got some ink in the Louisville Courier-Journal Neighborhood section...

DW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Don Walker Cycles

For those who aren't facebook friends with me, I made this announcement a few weeks back.

DW

Howdy Folks,

I am announcing that effective immediately, I am limiting the number of frames I build to 12 per year, including the bikes for my Cyclo-Cross team. I have decided to (re)dedicate myself to running NAHBS full time again and I feel that there just isn't enough hours in the day to try and do both. Don Walker Cycles will be taking a back seat and will remain a hobby for me to be able to fulfill my desire to be creative with metal as I have done since 1991.

This decision has been a difficult one, to say the least. I have had many sleepless nights while coming to this decision. While I feel in my heart that I create a quality bike, I have felt my relevance as a builder has dwindled since the start of NAHBS and I have come to the realization that its in the best interest of my exhibitors that I focus on making NAHBS the best show I possibly can. I will still have a booth at the show, but I will have members of my team providing the support as I will be doing my job on the show floor looking after NAHBS exhibitors.

If you have a bike on order, it will still be built as close to the agreed upon time as possible. If you are interested in getting in the queue, there will only be 6 slots available per year that are not for my team and the delivery time will be up to 12 months (or more) from this point forward.

The North American Handmade Bicycle Show has been more than a full time job as has raising a teenage daughter as a single parent. I appreciate your support with this decision and hope you understand how difficult it is for me to scale back from something that I am so passionate about.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Don Walker

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234