Thread: Foresta Frames

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Foresta Frames

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Ryan View Post
    Released from the hospital today. Will hang out in a close motel before we head home Sunday. It was a trip to hell and back. Thanks for any kind thoughts. You don't realize how fragile we all are until something like this hits you.
    Positive vibes Craig. Not much worse than being hospitalized.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Released from the hospital today. Will hang out in a close motel before we head home Sunday. It was a trip to hell and back. Thanks for any kind thoughts. You don't realize how fragile we all are until something like this hits you.
    Wishing you the best recovery possible.

Weird stuff, I was in charge of testing the Legionella contamination of water at the hospital during my externship.

Time between contamination and symptoms can be as short as 2 days so I hope they check the contamination of the air-conditionning/refrigreation circuit of your truck or a warehouse you could have spent time in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy folks.

So did Craig hang up his,torchmfor good? I can't find any evidence of a website and no activity here in ages...

Thanks, Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dvancleve View Post
    Howdy folks.

So did Craig hang up his,torchmfor good? I can't find any evidence of a website and no activity here in ages...

Thanks, Doug
    Yes. Some time last year IIRC.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Serottas View Post
    Yes. Some time last year IIRC.
    Well that's a bummer. Any details? I am always curious about why builders who really seemed to have figured it out and done their time learning decide to stop.

Thanks, Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dvancleve View Post
    Well that's a bummer. Any details? I am always curious about why builders who really seemed to have figured it out and done their time learning decide to stop.

Thanks, Doug
    Thanks Doug, I'm no longer building or painting, but I check in here when I can. When I retired from teaching in 2015 I still needed to generate income. Unfortunately the bicycle industry wasn't generating what i needed for the time invested. I miss the work, but $ rules in the end. I've been trucking as a second career, if anyone is interested, see my youtube channel, here's a link: Thanks again to this community for all the support over the years.
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Great to hear from you, Craig!

Keep on truckin'.
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Re: Foresta Frames

Thanks Doug, I'm no longer building or painting, but I check in here when I can. When I retired from teaching in 2015 I still needed to generate income. Unfortunately the bicycle industry wasn't generating what i needed for the time invested. I miss the work, but $ rules in the end. I've been trucking as a second career, if anyone is interested, see my youtube channel, here's a link: Thanks again to this community for all the support over the years.
    Craig
    Thank you, Craig. You are the second guy I have followed who seemed to do everything right, got rave reviews on the bikes and hung up the torch after a few years because the work wasn't there. The other was the guy doing Coho rando style bikes, Charles Lathe. I wondered then, why the all or nothing? Why not build a bike when a customer comes along rather than completely stop? I can only think of insurance cost, getting rusty with the torch or too much moolah tied up in equipment. Anyway, best wishes and it was a pleasure following your framebuilding efforts.

Regards, Doug