Thread: From Freddy Parr -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by conorb View Post
    I've tried to read this twice, maybe three times.

I know what the words mean - individually - but when I put them all together I can't make sense of it.

Like Chewbacca living on Endor.

Conor
    I stopped reading the words after a while and decided to FEEL the words... I think I get it now...

Chewbacca may not understand what the Ewoks are saying but I bet he knows when they're pissed off, or in this case cynically optimistic...?

the freezing plains hard by lake michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: From Freddy Parr -

Forget the words and feel filler!

Got to start playing with the new LFB and fluxes from Freddy. Neat stuff. Temp is obviously a little higher, but it feels much like Filet Pro silver, at the cost of LFB. I think that's very cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CyclesNoir View Post
    Forget the words and feel filler!

Got to start playing with the new LFB and fluxes from Freddy. Neat stuff. Temp is obviously a little higher, but it feels much like Filet Pro silver, at the cost of LFB. I think that's very cool.
    I can't tell from the Cycledesign site- does the LFB come with flux or is it seperate? The flux link wasn't working for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chauncey Matthews ?

Yup? the website sucks, that is the only focus this week, to get it cleaned up.
    Good news is all the products we designed are now fully available.
    Give us a few more days to get those dead links and new pages done.

Meanwhile you can always call me at 520-364-1334 with questions, I get up about one hour before the chickens?
    http://www.cycledesignusa.com/brazing_wire.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really liking that new Lfb light I got last week. Much better than that funky first batch. I"m not sure what the deal is with the powdered flux though, is there something different about it or is it just another style of the same flux?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powder flux is the most universal LFB flux used around the World
    Paste is second.
    Our paste is micro fine with a agent to make is stay where you put it.

The uses of the white power are endless, you just heat the rod and dip to use.
    When small work or the need to add more flux is present.

Many builders that do LFB joining just use a flux box and warm the material to be joined and dip or scoop out the powder which sticks right on the job areas.

For small work powder is great, as you only need a tiny dip of it on the rod to complete the job.

The white versions will soak off in warm water very quickly so blasting and things to remove it are not needed.

Just Call me if you need any questions answered OK?

Freddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"System 48"
    Is now in stock, the first Silver with extended "Plastic Range" for lugged frame construction ever offered.

More details will be posted on the http://www.cycledesignusa.com/brazing_wire.htm web but here is a thumbnail.

"System 48" outperforms 56% by having the same ease of flow due to advanced eutectics and the companion flux.

Used as a system this allows zero to 12 thousands gap filling unlike the limit of 56 to fill up to about seven wihout risk of creep.

Risky attachments like canty's and seatstays are totally secure with the fillet ability of "System 48"

Now the total bicycle can be done with confidence and one simple to use flux and rod combination.

"System 48" was a joint project with Superior Flux to fine tune the the flo and adhesion and to reduce the creep that occurs with the popular 56%

Any lug combination cast or pressed is as simple as appling flux and feeding filler with confidence that what you see is what you get.

Safe low temp joining - zero distorsion - easy clean up and super strong.

You heard it first from the desk of Freddy Parr, but this alloy system belongs to Wade Barocsi, it was his idea, and it thrills me, get some !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Freddy,
    Thanks for all that you do. Your continued push to advance joining technology is simply tremendous. I'm really looking forward to trying the new System 48 materials. The increased gap filling capability sounds like a real advancement.
    zank
    Mike Zanconato
    Web
    | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Flickr | Tumblr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome Freddy! Question though: I used your Fillet Pro once to braze up a bottom head lug joint and felt like I needed to put more heat into the joint to get it to flow like 56. How does the 48 stuff compare? Does it have that range of plasticity but at a lower temp? Oh yeah and how much for 5 oz?

Thanks,
    Hansen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Hansen, here is the long version>>>
    Fillet Pro is for Fillets - however several of our guys use it for SS lugs instead of 50N, Now that stated>>
    System 48 flows like fifty six but you can back out the heat and make a very solid small fillet which cannot be formed as well with 56%.
    The Secret is the micro -fined copper alloy and the way this wire is made, the flux creates a second eutectic that increases flow speed and allows feed control like as if you were using two alloys at once.

Many industrial step brazed joints do use two or more alloys at once to make near perfect joints.

So to sum this up, anything you can do easy with 56% "System 48" will work and feel the same. however it can fill larger gaps.
    This method allows the builder to use the same alloy and flux for all of the frame construction using lugs.
    "Fillet Pro" is for fillet work and this "System 48" will excel for joining SS lugs over any other product.

Did that answer your question, and it is in stock right now !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I better use up my 56 real fast - thanks Freddy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freddy, Thanks for the silver, flux, support and development of our passion. Stay tuned. Ted LaComettebicycles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ted, you guys are all special to me. And you Hansen,
    My problem is that my health is not what it should be and this year I am taking some time off to take care of myself for a change.
    I put everything on fast track so Dave Bohm and Wade B could take the helm.
    I am going to put my old Classic Steel web back up on my personal website fredparr.com for info and fun.
    I still can't meet Arizona insurance codes to hold formal classes here and it looks dismal that I will be able to.
    The choice I had to make was to get all these improved products available or to use what little money I have to set up the school, the choice is done.
    I will allow anyone to come and learn, but I can't insure them right now. Play with Freddy at home at your own risk, sorta deal.
    System 48 will cost less than 56% but I don't even know how much we paid for it yet?
    Wade will set a price in a few days. The bonus about this product is there will be almost no waste, very user easy and torch restrictive, where the heat goes the filler goes.
    The eutectic is so close to 56% that most builders will not be able to tell and difference while brazing with it, nice easy to see through paste flux and lowest silver melt temp.
    The extra history is that GP Wilson and I used the basic formula way back in the 1970's and now with the flux improvement it only made sense to re-issue it as I have made several hundred builds using the product in the past with a much tamer flux at the time. Tons of Bocama lugged road bikes that went out to club riders around California.
    I still have one.
    The builders needed a broad range cad-free filler all these years, but it required getting very serious with the Mill to get it made, the new version is made with finer metals and even easier to use.
    Yesterday I made a custom batch of flux and it is being shipped to Wade, so all sales for this one needs to go through him, OK?
    You all are always welcome to phone me or Wade.. I always have time for questions or just to chat.

Freddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the deal with joining the group? Is it something I don't need to do just to buy more rod and flux?
    And are you going to offer the LFB Light flux in a larger size?
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric,
    You did your best portion, of course you get all the support --thanks for all the help and honesty.
    I can't do my job without your feedback, you complete the mission.
    Good job !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This weeks news is we were able to lower costs on Stainless Light flux and others.
    This is due to new arrangements to obtain supplies.

And remember, Stainless Light is also great for all types of steel - it speeds flow and increases adhesion with all brands of silver braze wire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12