Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Mike ~ cool of you to do this. I have a shortlist of bikes I am lusting over. Speedvagen, Gaulzetti and a Zank. The SV and 'Zetti are lusted after as a new race bike. The Zank is coveted as a "forever" bike and that leads to my question. I know alot of people are like me and have to scrimp and save to get there dream bike. Do you ever get apprehensive when someone recieved there bike ? Know what I mean?
TJ, my pleasure. Thank you for participating.

Another toughie. I would by lying if I said that I don't stress about EVERY bike. Absolutely. These bikes cost a lot of money. A lot. I never forget that. I always ask myself "if I were spending this money, what would I think?".

There are customers with whom I get the sense early on that maybe it's not the right fit. Maybe the bike is a bit too far outside of my expertise or that we are focusing on things that really aren't my thing. I've learned to be OK with that and part ways. It's better to save both of us the time, money and energy.

All I can do is rely on my training and background, our conversations, the checks and double-checks along the way, and a forceful encouragement by me to each customer to say "hold on" whenever they aren't comfortable. In the end, I want each customer to be thrilled with their bike. I'll do what it takes to get it done. But 9.9 times out of 10, the customer has seen the bike in photos along the way and are psyched about what is being shipped. That helps me rest a bit easier at night.

Thoughts?