Quote Originally Posted by zank View Post
Hi, Bob. Great to hear you are enjoying the bike! Please send me over some pictures when you get a chance.

I'm feeling you regarding scaling up for bigger production. That makes sense. I was always amazed with how efficiently and to such high standards Seven was able to make bikes during my time there. Giving this more thought over the past day or two, I suppose a fear I have is the business would lose the identity and purpose that I want it to have. Maybe it's easier in my mind to justify not going down that path using the excuse of how hard it would be to scale up rather than just confronting the realization that deep down I just want to preserve the business as it is.

Geez, you guys are giving me lots to chew on here.
Mike, thanks for taking the time to answer all of our questions. This thread has been great, then you bring in babes too. Holy crap atmo!

Just to get you lusting over the idea of larger scale here's a story for you. I brought this frame into a rather new bike shop in Wilmington, DE. to give them the honor of building it up for me. It's a Specialized and Serotta custom shop so I figured based on Serotta giving them a dealership they were worthy of the build.

I brought it in on Saturday and they tell me it'll be a week before they get to it. The owner, wrenches some, so I got a call Sunday afternoon and then again Monday at work. He tells me that bike frame was so hot, he couldn't let it sit there but had to build it up. He wants to know when I'm going to come in and pick it up. So I go in and pick it up that night after work. While talking with Matt, who built it up, he tells me a number of customers came in and asked when they started carrying that brand and various other questions about their interest in the bike. When I saw the bike built up, all I could think of was this is a work of art and a real beauty! She rides like it too. Had my second ride on it tonight and came away equally impressed as my first ride.

I'm still waiting on a pair of hand built Alchemy tubulars from Jeremy. When I get them and my saddle choice finalized I'll take new pictures and send them to you and post them here and on the forum, across the hall.