Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hacksaw blade- what, where

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hacksaw blade- what, where

I need to buy some new hacksaw blades- seems like a good time to upgrade if I can. Sporting some locally sourced Lenox 12"ers. Have you used anything you like better? Good price helps, better quality is more important.

Thanks-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hacksaw blade- what, where

Eric,

I've been liking these Starrett blades, http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...PMAKA=327-3461

On par or even a bit better than the Lennox ones, imo. Sometimes they have them in their monthly sales flyer, so that's a good time to stock up.

Alistair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By far the best blades I've ever used, and will continue to use, are Morse 32t blades. I bought a pack of 10 so long ago I don't remember where I got them. I've never broken a blade and few teeth and they last a long, long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried some Morse that just tossed teeth (not as badly as their hole saws though). I'll see if I can track down either of these in town and try a couple out. In reading Starrett's info it looks like the Greenstripe would be a safe bet.

Thanks guys-

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Estlund View Post
    I tried some Morse that just tossed teeth (not as badly as their hole saws though). I'll see if I can track down either of these in town and try a couple out. In reading Starrett's info it looks like the Greenstripe would be a safe bet.

Thanks guys-

Eric

Eric, the Greenstripe are the ones I'm using. Looks like Enco has discontinued them but someone else must have them. Failing that, I was going to try the Bluestripe ones next. That may be a while though. The Green ones are lasting me well, and I don't build frames for a living. Takes me a lot longer to wear stuff out than you pro's.

Alistair.