Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swoop on Fitment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty speechless. lol

Looking forward to the next installment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rules for posers

These are some great rules, but they need additions.
    Ball cap is so 5 years ago- I think most are back to traditional caps. In my hood (nor-cal) the winter beanie is the call Nov-March.
    Always overdress should be changed to always over dress unless you are under-dressing. OK to show up on a cold day with shorts, pink legs and hot rub- even at 40 degrees. Even out with a thermal vest on top and maybe some light shoe covers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boots2000 View Post
    These are some great rules, but they need additions.
    Ball cap is so 5 years ago- I think most are back to traditional caps. In my hood (nor-cal) the winter beanie is the call Nov-March.
    Always overdress should be changed to always over dress unless you are under-dressing. OK to show up on a cold day with shorts, pink legs and hot rub- even at 40 degrees. Even out with a thermal vest on top and maybe some light shoe covers.
    doesn't get it.
    never ever would one show up on a training ride below sixty degrees sans coverage. only patrick brady does that. we love him regardless.
    ball caps are still regretfully given as primes in some local crits. one must always rock those caps when its too warm for the knit cap. ball caps must never be purchased and they must never look right.

please go to the back of the classroom. and wear your knee warmers over your shorts for a week.
    shrink, terrorist, poet, president of concerned cyclists for the abolishment of bovine source bicycle parts and head of the disaffected commie dishwashers union.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    please go to the back of the classroom. and wear your knee warmers over your shorts for a week.
    Damn, Swoop's like a catholic school nun....
    Life is too short to grow up, go ride a bicycle!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fourflys View Post
    Damn, Swoop's like a catholic school nun....
    .........missing 4 fingers on both hands......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default poser

I'm not saying that I go bare legs or wear cycling caps-I have not had a day without full leg warmers in over 2 months and it is not even that cold around here. I actually prefer helmets but I don't preach to those who do not. Ball caps as race giveaways? The real poser does not go to races- they just look ready to go and give that vibe. The Saturday ride is the race!
    I am saying that bare legs and hot rub is the preferred garb for style conscious race wannabes in San Francisco and Marin County Proper. Maybe is varies by region? The warmer it is the more you wear?

doesn't get it.
    never ever would one show up on a training ride below sixty degrees sans coverage. only patrick brady does that. we love him regardless.
    ball caps are still regretfully given as primes in some local crits. one must always rock those caps when its too warm for the knit cap. ball caps must never be purchased and they must never look right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wearing your knee warmers over your shorts will re-assert your dominance and put you back in favor in the pride. its usually reserved for guys that raced in europe.... even though they got dropped and stuff.

help me.
    shrink, terrorist, poet, president of concerned cyclists for the abolishment of bovine source bicycle parts and head of the disaffected commie dishwashers union.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wearing your knee warmers over your shorts will re-assert your dominance and put you back in favor in the pride. its usually reserved for guys that raced in europe.... even though they got dropped and stuff.

help me.
    always over never under? damn no wonder no one rides with me. good stuff swoop stay on track.
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydesteel View Post
    always over never under? damn no wonder no one rides with me. good stuff swoop stay on track.
    Usually under but for the right vibe it is over. Over says I'm so effin good that it doesn't matter how I wear them and in case I get hot (which won't happen on this ride as I'm just on a coffee ride at 30mph) the team car will be pulling up and I may need to quickly discard them which could be more difficult if they were under.....

This is black belt Fitment stuff and I'm stuck on yellow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive been living through a swoop faux pas penalty for all of 2009...
    i shifted into the small ring at the base of a climb, what a moron i was that day....

swoop,
    now that its 2010 can i go back to wearing shorts with the chamois on the inside?
    or am i still chamois out?
    darren

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    ive been living through a swoop faux pas penalty for all of 2009...
    i shifted into the small ring at the base of a climb, what a moron i was that day....

swoop,
    now that its 2010 can i go back to wearing shorts with the chamois on the inside?
    or am i still chamois out?
    darren
    I go chamois out and over my briefs now. Stekl told me I had it all wrong in '08 after all these yrs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fitment for Racing

Swoop has given some good advice about fitting, particularly post ride or rest stop.

But I'm more interested in Racing and I've seen a lot of bikes with Race Fit Geometry or Pro Geometry (Madone). Most of these bike also have logos in at least 12 different places, some with the word split between the head tube and fork.

So my race question are as follows:

Where do I hold the bike and what's the position of my posterior as I wait for the Cat 4 local criterium to start?

Does it matter where the logos are on my bike (I don't like to block my top tube logo)?

Does the black and white photo rule still apply? I spent 3 weeks arguing about the colourways of my club jersey on my local message board and it seems like I'd want to show off my Champsys kit.

Also, and I understand if this would be more advanced fitting session: when is it appropriate to wear a skin suit?

Really valuable information,

Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when there is an option for a long sleeve skinsuit, always take that option. they feel sexy and force you to be skinny or look ridiculous for not being skinny.
    a true fitment expert loves all categories. we love everyone that shows up to race no matter the skill or experience level, because it means more people are there to see our radness. its more people to feel disdain for, but in a good way.

cat 2 is the new cat 5.

fitment loves all categories the same.
    it recognizes that unless you're getting paid, all cats are the same, and you're just as you were as a five year old wearing a football or baseball uniform, or asking your mom to let you dress like batman for the day. true fitment acknowledges that we men love costumes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it recognizes that unless you're getting paid, all cats are the same, and you're just as you were as a five year old wearing a football or baseball uniform
    Oh shit...I think I have a whole new outlook on myself and one of my hobbies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.....true fitment acknowledges that we men love costumes.
    Warning: Serious topic derailment likely at this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we can keep totally un-serious if we try hard...

Now I've got to go put Gladiator uniform on... just because.... (and there's a steam room to hit up)
    Life is too short to grow up, go ride a bicycle!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love costumes! I would ride in this all the time if I could. I already have the body shape for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwightskin View Post
    Swoop has given some good advice about fitting, particularly post ride or rest stop.

But I'm more interested in Racing and I've seen a lot of bikes with Race Fit Geometry or Pro Geometry (Madone). Most of these bike also have logos in at least 12 different places, some with the word split between the head tube and fork.

So my race question are as follows:

Where do I hold the bike and what's the position of my posterior as I wait for the Cat 4 local criterium to start?
    • Holding the bars with one hand, your ass is always on the top tube and the angle at which sit is cockeyed as if you don't care to be there- tre' EMO

Does it matter where the logos are on my bike (I don't like to block my top tube logo)?
    • of course it matters! don't worry tho the ones on the fork under the down tube, seat mast, seat stays, chain stays and under the BB bracket will show.

Does the black and white photo rule still apply? I spent 3 weeks arguing about the colourways of my club jersey on my local message board and it seems like I'd want to show off my Champsys kit.
    • ab-so-fucking-luetly! The b/w or sepia tones will add intrigue and the desire to really come out and watch you race and see the graphics in color.
    • BUT you don't care about the graphics and colors. they're just things on your jersey that you HAVE to wear, meh!

Also, and I understand if this would be more advanced fitting session: when is it appropriate to wear a skin suit?
    • Swoop alread kinda answered this...but the LS Skinsuit as he says is always a GO
    • Skinsuits should not be worn outside of Tuesday Night Worlds and must be faded and patched.

Really valuable information,

Dwight
    D- I hope I can shed some Sepia on your dilemma
    "make the break"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.....and must be faded and patched.
    Clearly you can over do it here. I believe swoops only comment on mine was: "disgusting"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dear Fitment Man

When even a Proser cannot deem to tolerate the heat of their arm warmers, does one simply slide them down to the wrist, scrunchy fashion, or remove them to the appropriate designated rear pocket? And, what is the appropriate color and logo/no logo rules for the Proser Rouleur?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast