Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cool bike stuff worth mentioning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's the small things, like the PMP clamp and post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    shrink, terrorist, poet, president of concerned cyclists for the abolishment of bovine source bicycle parts and head of the disaffected commie dishwashers union.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really really like my Ultimate Carbones!
    Ithink I might marry them! I figure if that one guy married a horse mebbe I can do the same to a set of wheels. If not at least I can massage them through my saddle via sitbones through the seat stays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far this year: Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp - This 5" full-suspension "all mountain" bike strikes a great balance between racy speed and workhorse competence. And it weighs less than my old short-travel Klein Adept. It should be the right tool for my off-season mountain biking for the next five years or so. The "entry level" model (at $2100) is a deal.

I'm less happy with the Bell Ghisallo helmet. The pads are really worn after four months of use, and they're doing an awesome job of wicking the sweat right into my eyebrows and down the lens of my glasses. Bell's sending me some new pads (to their credit) so we'll see if that helps.

Nothing else new yet this year. SRAM Red is incoming - This will be my first experience with a top of the line group, and I'm excited. I'll probably put it on my Nove. And I'm thinking about a set of deepish-dish carbon wheels for next spring...
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AR's "Best Wrap in The World". It really is, the best wrap in the world.:adore:

Get your FRN's out because it's hitting the virtual shelves soon....:thrasher:

William
    You know you're semi-good looking...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My two life-changing discoveries of the year:

Conti 4000s clincher tires.

Reynolds MV32 C wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default WE are on our way....

Spokes has the car gassed and we are leaving now

Quote Originally Posted by doofus View Post
    darren, i've got all sorts of the latest, greatest, hottest used bike bits in my parts box.

a case of dogfish gets the entire contents, except for the stuff i want to keep (quill stems)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doofus View Post
    darren, i've got all sorts of the latest, greatest, hottest used bike bits in my parts box.

a case of dogfish gets the entire contents, except for the stuff i want to keep (quill stems)
    Thread drift . . . but dogfish head opened a branch brew pub in Falls Church, Va that we tried last night. The original restaurant is better, but the beer still seemed good to me. Today's password is "sampler."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12-27 cassettes.
    I know they are nothing new, but this year I've discovered that I really like the 12-27 with 39-53 cranks. It just works much better than compact cranks and smaller cassettes for me. It's one of those simple discoveries that have made me happy.

Anyone tried the Camelbak water bottles?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new HED JET 60's...

clincher. Great everyday wheels, Designed and built in the USA; Excellent service during and after the sale and great attitude toward the military.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good bang for the buck

For training wheels The Fulcrum 7's are a great deal. They are tuff enough for cross training, commuting, and putting in the early season miles in foul weather. The braking surfaces are great. The best part is that from a distance people think your rocking something really fancy..
    Last edited by Shinomaster; 12-24-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another vote for AR wrap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rad
    -The Edge composites MTB bars I've had my team on since April. Lighter, better shape, and most importantly, better flex characterisitics than anything else out there. A prudent use of composites, Oh my!

-The Edge Forks, Mtb tubulars and road tubular and clincher rims we are using have also just been amazing. Kickass stuff, from kickass folks.

-Michi Pro 3 Race. Goddamn!

- Tubeless MTB tires... A tubular-esque feeling, but cheaper, lighter and more reliable. Will the NoTubes Raven CX tire and Rim be as hot as I hope?

BAD
    -31.8 Road and Mtb Bars. DIE!
    - SRAM road hood shape...

Shameless
    -Our (www.spookybikes.com) 6061 aluminum frames put every steel, and every carbon frame I've ever ridden to shame in the comfort and handling department, and at Approximately $800 retail U.S. and 2 pounds for the road frame, 2.8 for the MTB and 2.6 for the 'Cross frame, our 100% American Made frames are among the top 4 or 5 lightest on the market, yet made in America, and half the price or less, than the overpriced, exploitive overseas plastic garbage coming out of the big companies...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suspectdevice View Post

Shameless
    -Our (www.spookybikes.com) 6061 aluminum frames put every steel, and every carbon frame I've ever ridden to shame in the comfort and handling department, and at Approximately $800 retail U.S. and 2 pounds for the road frame, 2.8 for the MTB and 2.6 for the 'Cross frame, our 100% American Made frames are among the top 4 or 5 lightest on the market, yet made in America, and half the price or less, than the overpriced, exploitive overseas plastic garbage coming out of the big companies...
    Oh...that sounds nice! Custom reach for chimps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve575 View Post
    Anyone tried the Camelbak water bottles?
    I don't really like them for dusty roads or trails. The dust seems to stick to the soft rubber of the valve, making it hard to wipe clean. Dirt also seems to collect in the valve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shameless
    Dang I want a Skeletor with track ends. . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomaster View Post
    Oh...that sounds nice! Custom reach for chimps?
    We will be doing custom 6061 over the winter. We have SAPA draw and form the tubes for us right now, and their assemblies group do the welding and Ano as well. ISO 9001 certified! The first batch we just made 4 sizes of the road and XC bikes, and we'll be doing 3 'cross sizes, but we will have tubing on hand from the 'cross frames onward for customs.

We currently just do 7005 alu and Steel for custom stuff, and I build carbon frames at lunch for giggles, but when I finally finish rebuilding the lathe we'll add Ti to the list (need new purge fittings)... I'm the HMFIC, and the lead on the torch and toolmaking here is a rad young lad, Niall, Providence's Finest Son.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justinf View Post
    Dang I want a Skeletor with track ends. . .
    Come spring... Special Patrol Group We defined one stupid fad back in the 90's (mountainbikes for BMX riding), so I figured, why not make the useless Aughts equivalent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will be doing custom 6061 over the winter. We have SAPA draw and form the tubes for us right now, and their assemblies group do the welding and Ano as well. ISO 9001 certified! The first batch we just made 4 sizes of the road and XC bikes, and we'll be doing 3 'cross sizes, but we will have tubing on hand from the 'cross frames onward for customs.

We currently just do 7005 alu and Steel for custom stuff, and I build carbon frames at lunch for giggles, but when I finally finish rebuilding the lathe we'll add Ti to the list (need new purge fittings)... I'm the HMFIC, and the lead on the torch and toolmaking here is a rad young lad, Niall, Providence's Finest Son.

Coolio. I really like aluminum bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Approximately $800 retail U.S. and ... 2.8 for the MTB
    :thrasher: What's the top tube on the largest stock size MTB?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

24" Of course, an ape sized bike like that is 1340grams...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast