Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to repair tubulars: Goes Here

Saturday I popped an old'ish Veloflex. Woke up this am and decided to fix it and ride the suk'r. The defect was a 1/2" long piece of steel, perhaps an old nail that pierced clean thru the tyre and double puncture of the latex innertube....ouch more work.

To remove basetape I clamp the tyre body into my vise with plastic jaw protection and use a set of stained glass plyers (very sharp jaws) to grab an edge than yank. Bummer, the tape came off too fast and I ripped it :( No worries, after the repair was deeemed a success I used fastak to screw it down...quick and dirty repair for sure.

Pics. of the finished repair are of the section where I've resewed. No lumps, nothing to be ashamed of.

I buttered the rim, mounted the tyre, dynamited it and had a coffee than went for a ride...not a race ;) Fifty miles later looks the same.

This is not rocket science my friends.

CSB BROTHER my sewing classmates will be sew jealous of the vintage repair kit you sent. It is pretty clever, if you note the wraps? Each pair of slots contains about the right amt. of thread for one total repair. Far freakin' out. I miss the old ways yo.
    Attached Images Attached Images