Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    Hulk really is pretty damn cool, in my opinion. One of the very few green dials I like.
    I generally love green dialed watches, though of course it depends on the shade of green. The Hulk doesn't photograph all that great and the green on the dial is awesome in person. It's a keeper for sure.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Of all complications my favorites are annual or perpetual calendar or travel time.
    and the calendar is actually useful

i mean, how often do you use a chronograph to actually time something? when i wear mine, my daughter likes to press the buttons when it is on my wrist so i guess that is good

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe where you live. We've never been able to keep that watch in stock for a minute. Even back to the very first one. So much so that I've only ever held one in hand at the store once and that was on a day that I happened to be there when a shipment came in.
    This is not a criticism but Miami does have a "flashier" kind of watch scene (so I am told).

In the NYC metro area (and the short time I was in the Boston area) the watch seemed to confound people. Several watch friends (and acquaintances from watch events/meet-ups) said the same thing: it's kind of cool but just looks like a really big DateJust. As such, there did not seem to be much interest for it (pre-pandemic). My AD shared that the precious metal ones on leather straps did about as well as the precious metal DateJusts (or Day/Dates..can't remember which one it was so long ago) on leather straps in that they sat for months in the case and were finally discounted just to get rid of them. Once the SkyDweller steel versions were announced, the pandemic arrived, and the shortages began it seemed they became in high-demand (aka allocation models).

Maybe it was a slow starter in some markets. It's not like the Daytona was a hit when first announced.

Again, just a perspective. You might have professional insight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe where you live. We've never been able to keep that watch in stock for a minute. Even back to the very first one. So much so that I've only ever held one in hand at the store once and that was on a day that I happened to be there when a shipment came in.
    My son in law has a white gold white dial one. Its gorgeous.