User Tag List

Page 133 of 175 FirstFirst ... 123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3484

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Hold my beer, says Julian Alaphillipe

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/09/juli...cause-why-not/
    My real name is Hemanth and among other things, I like bikes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eddy wouldn’t wear a $120,000 watch...RO DAN I A.

http://www.thebikecomesfirst.com/rod...r-of-flanders/
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone see that watch that Allaphilippe was wearing at worlds?
    Richard Mille RM 67-02

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/09/juli...cause-why-not/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And it was an outstanding choice. The white hands really popped with the glove right there. On TV at least it looked very clean.
    This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    Porsches are great daily drivers. Point is that no one needs that much power and braking power for every day life. I had a 997 turbo and perhaps used 20% of its capability on the road. No one needs a sub to tell time either. The whole notion of "tool watch" is flawed. Oh...and I have a SDDS and I can barely swim...but it is a little feat of engineering that I enjoy on my wrist.

What about julian alaphilippe rocking a Richard mille...talk about panache
    Actually a Porsche is not a good daily driver, the cost to maintain them is very high, the average annual maintenance cost is going to be about $1,400, and that's just maintenance, that doesn't include any repairs which will be dramatically higher than other normal cars.

A car like the Toyota Supra would be a far better daily driver, the estimated annual average for maintenance is going to be about $300; that's over a $1000 a year less to maintain then the Porsche, and the Corvette is in the same low cost maintenance as the Toyota is, but the Toyota over the long haul would be a bit more reliable, but the Corvette would be the faster the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the cheapest smallest men's Rolex? Just curious.

This one is 39mm and $6550. https://www.rolex.com/watches/explor...4270-0003.html
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post

This one is 39mm and $6550. https://www.rolex.com/watches/explor...4270-0003.html
    Oyster Perpetual and DateJust both come in 36mm. And you can actually buy the DateJust 36mm.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking for a 12-3-6-9 watch, date is ok but not necessary, preferably on a bracelet. I'd like to stay under $500 if possible, under $700 for sure. I really like the Sinn's but not the pricing. Thought's? I'll have a couple Divers for sale as well. Thanks in advance.
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by froze View Post
    Actually a Porsche is not a good daily driver, the cost to maintain them is very high, the average annual maintenance cost is going to be about $1,400, and that's just maintenance, that doesn't include any repairs which will be dramatically higher than other normal cars.

A car like the Toyota Supra would be a far better daily driver, the estimated annual average for maintenance is going to be about $300; that's over a $1000 a year less to maintain then the Porsche, and the Corvette is in the same low cost maintenance as the Toyota is, but the Toyota over the long haul would be a bit more reliable, but the Corvette would be the faster the car.
    that's cuz a supra is a 3 series masquerading as a sports car...i drove a porsche every day for 3 years and normal maintenance did not cost me 1400 per year

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydesteel View Post
    I'm looking for a 12-3-6-9 watch, date is ok but not necessary, preferably on a bracelet. I'd like to stay under $500 if possible, under $700 for sure. I really like the Sinn's but not the pricing. Thought's? I'll have a couple Divers for sale as well. Thanks in advance.
    I'm a big fan of Citizen. I have two that came on bracelets, both stainless steel. They're both on rubber straps now, the bracelets are nice, but were too heavy for my liking.

This seems to fit your requirements: https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/p...-Hand&start=40
    Not a Sinn, for sure, but well within your budget.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post

Chase mentioned the two 36mm options. The Oyster will be the lower price of the two, but with the new version just being released, availability may be tough for a little while. Though not as tough as if you wanted the new 41mm, though if you want smallest, that isn't likely. I have the Explorer I you linked and it is probably the most under the radar, comfortable, versatile watch I've owned. Given my wife's business I do rotate watches through from time to time, but that one is a keeper.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    that's cuz a supra is a 3 series masquerading as a sports car...i drove a porsche every day for 3 years and normal maintenance did not cost me 1400 per year
    It's the abnormal maintenance that'll get you with the Porsche. But, yeah, they can be driven daily. And if someone can afford a Porsche, they can afford the associated maintenance costs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydesteel View Post
    I am a cheapskate, and so I affirm your suspicion of the extra coin, but some things are worth not cheaping out on. I'm also a wheeler-dealer, so to acquire my Sinn, I sold a lot of bike parts, a previous watch, a bike I'd only logged 150 miles on in the past year, etc. (I am a one-watch type person, so I can enjoy it 24 hours a day, lol). I never "got" Sinn by looks, for a while, til the switch flipped, and now I have learned people's love for Sinn runs deep. Not that I'm trying to peer pressure you, but if you have watches to unload, why not spring for a 556 when one comes up on ebay or watchuseek? Sinn makes excellent watches, perhaps the best for the money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    It's the abnormal maintenance that'll get you with the Porsche. But, yeah, they can be driven daily. And if someone can afford a Porsche, they can afford the associated maintenance costs.
    that's why you punt before the warranty expires!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Birthday to me!
    Pepsi Islander:

Islander_Pepsi.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just reading a bit back in this thread and, yeah, I obsess over watches like I do everything else not that anyone should care.

*I sold my Submariner but I beat the crap out of it as a daily wearer for years and it never failed, never wandered. I have had a Panerai since about 2003 (PAM23 sub) and it's not nearly as accurate. I have a Patek now---the outcome of flips that finally made enough cash to afford a STUPID (read: not worth it) expensive watch. But sometimes you have to pay for what you want. It's a lot like college tuition (I finished paying two of those for daughters). I teach at one of those 70K a year private schools: it's not what it's worth but it is what it costs. I treat watches and cars and jeans the same way. Anyway, having had a slew of watches, nothing is even remotely as reliable as a Rolex, any of them. Patek Philippe is just work that reminds you of Sachs and Goodrich bikes or Japanese leather jackets from, say, Fine Creek, A'2, or Addict, that is, incomparably better than all the rest and with only peers.

*Not everyone who owns a Porsche can afford its maintenance. I need a third side hustle to just make tires and oil changes. I would sell a kidney before I would give up the 911.

*The watches I love best under $500 are Hamiltons. But these days I only look at hand wounds. Timex has released both the Marlin and a MK-1 in hand wound in the past few years and they are handsome and reliable and super cheap---under $200. Yeah, Timex. I wear those as much as the Patek.

Favorite Stupid Obsession from the COVID summer: Idaten by Ebisu, '72 Rover Defender 3 (needed a fuel line), Patek and Timex, Iron Heart, Lofgren boots, Ooe jacket.
    Qui plume a, guerre a. Ce monde est un vaste temple dédié à la discorde.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man, The Rolex Forum has some real....characters.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    man, The Rolex Forum has some real....characters.

and judging by the responses/opinions on this thread they may cross pollinate with the V-salon

*excluding the poster of the post that was referenced[

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marley View Post
    and judging by the responses/opinions on this thread they may cross pollinate with the V-salon

*excluding the poster of the post that was referenced[
    A bunch of passionate collectors and enthusiasts full of knowledge and opinions congregating online...sounds familiar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbrk View Post
    Just reading a bit back in this thread and, yeah, I obsess over watches like I do everything else not that anyone should care.

*I sold my Submariner but I beat the crap out of it as a daily wearer for years and it never failed, never wandered. I have had a Panerai since about 2003 (PAM23 sub) and it's not nearly as accurate. I have a Patek now---the outcome of flips that finally made enough cash to afford a STUPID (read: not worth it) expensive watch. But sometimes you have to pay for what you want. It's a lot like college tuition (I finished paying two of those for daughters). I teach at one of those 70K a year private schools: it's not what it's worth but it is what it costs. I treat watches and cars and jeans the same way. Anyway, having had a slew of watches, nothing is even remotely as reliable as a Rolex, any of them. Patek Philippe is just work that reminds you of Sachs and Goodrich bikes or Japanese leather jackets from, say, Fine Creek, A'2, or Addict, that is, incomparably better than all the rest and with only peers.

*Not everyone who owns a Porsche can afford its maintenance. I need a third side hustle to just make tires and oil changes. I would sell a kidney before I would give up the 911.

*The watches I love best under $500 are Hamiltons. But these days I only look at hand wounds. Timex has released both the Marlin and a MK-1 in hand wound in the past few years and they are handsome and reliable and super cheap---under $200. Yeah, Timex. I wear those as much as the Patek.

Favorite Stupid Obsession from the COVID summer: Idaten by Ebisu, '72 Rover Defender 3 (needed a fuel line), Patek and Timex, Iron Heart, Lofgren boots, Ooe jacket.
    But which Patek reference?