User Tag List

Page 81 of 175 FirstFirst ... 717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3485

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    1994 Explorer II (40mm)
    2009 DateJust (36mm)
    2018 Submariner Date (40mm)
    I like that Explorer, but congrats on picking up that Sub.
    Chris

Road, CX, Mountain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post
    I like that Explorer, but congrats on picking up that Sub.
    Thanks.

I have owned the Explorer II since new and it's a keeper. It was my only watch and daily wear from 1994-2009. A lot of parts were replaced in 2017 so it looks almost new.

I was on three different wait lists for the SubDate. It took some time, was available much quicker than I expected, and is a very early present for a significant birthday.

The DateJust also purchased new is good for fitting under a suit or tux for more formal occasions. My father and uncles all have similar ones but with fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet (it's a generational difference).

At some point, they will all be given/gifted/left to nephews (nieces are getting my wife's jewelry)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    Alright watch nerds. Sapphire crystals...worth the upgrade? And exactly how much more do you need to spend?

I'm looking to get a quartz (preferably solar powered) watch with a simple aestetic, and not a lot of money. Currently this is my top pic, but I'll swap out the band for something grey or black. This is about ~$120 (give or take) watch...how much are you looking at to get into sapphire?

I own this and have for a bunch of years. It was on my wrist for every frame I built. It’s beat to hell and keeps near perfect time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a gift from a friend. She found it used but in excellent condition.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ I like that!
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I own this and have for a bunch of years. It was on my wrist for every frame I built. It’s beat to hell and keeps near perfect time.
    Well, just ordered one! I almost ordered a very similar Seiko instead, I like the looks of it just a tiny, tiny, tiny bit better, both can be currently had for under $90, but the recent reviews on Amazon are not good, looks like they had a bad batch or something, and it's no longer on the Seiko website. The Citizen gets universally great reviews, and folks seem to wear them for 10+ years. It's not a sapphire crystal, but, for $90 shipped, I think it's a fair deal.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, just ordered one! I almost ordered a very similar Seiko instead, I like the looks of it just a tiny, tiny, tiny bit better, both can be currently had for under $90, but the recent reviews on Amazon are not good, looks like they had a bad batch or something, and it's no longer on the Seiko website. The Citizen gets universally great reviews, and folks seem to wear them for 10+ years. It's not a sapphire crystal, but, for $90 shipped, I think it's a fair deal.
    I just dug it out. It had stopped because it’s been in a drawer for months. A few minutes next to the window and it’s running again. This is the 6th or 7th strap. Leather nato.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Casio DW5035D-1B 35th Anniversary G-Shock showed up yesterday. It's based on the original 1983 version.

I have only worn metal watches with bracelets for the past 30ish years so this is a nice change; it wears well. Apparently the nicer g-shocks have straps that are more "supple" due to the higher quality "resins" used. This model was made in Japan and includes a metal screw-in back as well as a metal case (covered by resin) for the "digital" movement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE. Had to reorder this watch...the place I originally ordered from (JomaShop), it was out of stock. They e-mailed me and said 4-6 weeks. Okay. Today, they e-mailed me again and said 8-12 weeks. So I canceled the order and ordered it from Amazon, supposed to be here Wednesday.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got it. Swapped the bad for a green NATO strap. Dig it.

Last edited by dgaddis; 02-13-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a nice looking watch. I really like these Citizen Eco-Drives. My diver needs a new battery once every 3-4 years, but otherwise I don't have to do anything to it except reset the date.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree--that's a good looking Citizen.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decided to get this to scratch the diver itch and continue to save for a while.

IMG_1412.jpg

Seiko SKX007j - Black nato from Crown and Buckle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those SKX's are one hellova gateway drug...

It's a real world-beater of a watch and can take a beating. Mod with a Murphy bezel and Sapphire (or however you like - there are literally thousands of parts for them) and it'll go toe-toe with ~$1k watches.
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The are some really great Instagram accounts of SKX mods. You can get as many fathoms deep as you want, cover the planet or ocean. The world is your oyster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one of these days i'm gonna get around get replacing the bezel on my SKX. really don't like the polished look. or maybe it's just the chunky serrations. i don't know. regardless, it's distracting. to me.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've ever shown my modded SKX here. It was done by Bill Yao when he first started out. The case was bead blasted and the crystal is sapphire. I added the PVD bezel later (from Jack at IWW). It's on the left in the pic...

Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    one of these days i'm gonna get around get replacing the bezel on my SKX. really don't like the polished look. or maybe it's just the chunky serrations. i don't know. regardless, it's distracting. to me.
    If you decide you want a Murphy bezel drop me a note. I ordered a couple extras last time and will gladly pass one along at cost without the 6-8 month wait. ;-)
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you post a picture? That’s the one I like, but it’s hard to get a feel for the size from the picture on their website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    If you decide you want a Murphy bezel drop me a note. I ordered a couple extras last time and will gladly pass one along at cost without the 6-8 month wait. ;-)
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I worry I started on step 4 and might be going backwards (or jumping ahead to step 9).