User Tag List

Page 73 of 175 FirstFirst ... 636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 3485

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    Guys, help me make up my mind: Sinn 556i with strap or with bracelet?

I was originally leaning toward the bracelet because St Louis in the summer is one heck of a humid sweat box, but now I think I prefer the look of the strap. (With the bracelet there's perhaps a tad too much steel.)

TIA
    I'm a sucker for a good bracelet as long as it is not too busy/fancy/showy. My favorite in this order: Rolex Oyster, Tudor Oyster, Grand Sieko (oyster like), and Omega Seamaster.

I would go for the bracelet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was originally leaning toward the bracelet because St Louis in the summer is one heck of a humid sweat box, but now I think I prefer the look of the strap. (With the bracelet there's perhaps a tad too much steel.)

TIA

My input is that the strap looks better, but for me personally I have a hard time with straps as they get gross, etc. as you are worried about. Maybe go with the strap and have the mentality to replace it somewhat frequently. If I lived my dream and got a Tudor Pelagos, I would totally go with the rubber strap option, love rubber straps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    Go for it! I am about to order a Gen-3 Paradive myself. I sold my last MKII here on vSalon about 3 years ago and wish I still had it so it's time for another.
    Yes, I had a MkII diver and liked it a lot. But it wore too large for me. If I could try the MkII on I'd probably buy it on the spot. Like the MKII vibe, the price point and the aesthetic. Less concerned about the movement and the "value".

Tudor just too many beans for this purpose. I really like the 38mm Black Bay but have the Seamaster. Want something I'll wear without concern and with the simple face optics. That translates to 400-600 bucks. Hamilton Khaki was my leaning then saw the MKII.

Cheers and tnx for the comments - I'll give MKII another shot.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Mabouya;910826]Guys, help me make up my mind: Sinn 556i with strap or with bracelet?

TIA

I had an original 556 for a number of years about a decade ago (sold it used for what I paid for it new). I had the bracelet down here in humid Georgia and it was fine and not too much steel. I disliked their leather strap because I always assumed the white stitching would look terrible over time but never ran the experiment. I actually liked it best with a 3 ring Zulu strap.
    -Mike
    Mike Owens

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIA
    Why not just order with the bracelet, and get a strap on the side? Bracelets and straps are pretty easy to change with the right tool.

BTW - I love the Sinn 556.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIA
    I feel like you need not one, but two straps. I am thinking a nice leather one just like you are already looking at, but for the summer, get a nice NATO that you can handwash to get the midwest stank out of (I feel your pain across the state in KC).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been looking at black field watches for like 7 years. I have had two cheap swiss army's but this popped up on Toppers Pre-Owned for a laughably low price. But I called and offered them even less, um they took it!

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    ”...I have been looking at black field watches for like 7 years...”
    Oris is a terrific company. Just tried on a similar 43.5mm model on rubber strap this weekend. Very nice. Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments guys.

I really like the idea of using the Sinn leather strap over the winter and a NATO for summer.

In fact, since the lug width is a pretty common 20 mm, I think I already have a black non-leather Maratac strap with white stitching, and a few misc NATOs. I might even try on the Seiko 5 bracelet I have in the drawer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIA
    If the price difference isn't very much I would say get the bracelet. It gives you another option and if you decide that you don't like it you can always sell it down the road.

FWIW, I had a Sinn EZM2 Hydro at one time that came with the bracelet and I didn't find that it was 'too much steel'.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by choke View Post
    If the price difference isn't very much I would say get the bracelet. It gives you another option and if you decide that you don't like it you can always sell it down the road.
    556i w/ strap $1080
    556i w/ bracelet $1320

So a difference of $240. Not a huge amount, but not peanuts either.

I'm thinking it might be worth it to get it on the strap then see how I like it on my Seiko 5 bracelet. If I like the look, then I'll get the Sinn bracelet ($320 if purchased alone, $22 of which will be offset by the "Watchpoint Rewards" I'd get from buying the watch itself)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Instagram has taught me anything, its that you are supposed to take pics like these when you get a new watch.
    P6071124 by indianpeaksjoe, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't get the EDC knife thing. That would cause so many problems in NYC/Boston/etc. unless it was a switchblade.

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    If Instagram has taught me anything, its that you are supposed to take pics like these when you get a new watch.
    P6071124 by indianpeaksjoe, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    I still don't get the EDC knife thing. That would cause so many problems in NYC/Boston/etc. unless it was a switchblade.
    i carry a small pocket knife every single day. i am in NYC most days of the week. I have been carrying a pocket knife for over 30 years. I have never had a single "problem". I also wind up using my knife for something or the other nearly every day. once you start EDC carrying a good pocket knife, you will wonder how you ever lived without one.

edc.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also Joe - what's the diameter of that Oris? I like it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My EDC...

Rolex Explorer II 40mm or Rolex Datejust 36mm
    Platinum wedding band
    Parker Sonnet sterling silver rollerball (circa 1993)
    Tumi small billfold with ID window

Attachment 108182

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This plucky little Hamilton has pushed everything else out of my rotation for the last couple weeks. Incredible watch for the money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    This plucky little Hamilton has pushed everything else out of my rotation for the last couple weeks. Incredible watch for the money.
    Just got an e-mail yesterday form Hamilton that these are now back in stock. Really tempted to take the plunge. I prefer manual wind watches and have been wearing my Marathon General Purpose Limited Edition pretty much every day for the past couple months (my manual wind NOMOS also gets rotated in here and there). Anyway, sharp looking watch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    also Joe - what's the diameter of that Oris? I like it!
    It is a 42mm, which is slightly larger than I wanted, but it looks great on my medium sized wrists.

Cheers
    -Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDangerPants View Post
    Just got an e-mail yesterday form Hamilton that these are now back in stock. Really tempted to take the plunge. I prefer manual wind watches and have been wearing my Marathon General Purpose Limited Edition pretty much every day for the past couple months (my manual wind NOMOS also gets rotated in here and there). Anyway, sharp looking watch.
    Do it. Wears a bit larger than it's 38mm advertised size given the lug spacing. Totally a NATO strap watch that just begs to rotate through a dozen straps.

Only complaint is the lume is pretty butt.