User Tag List

Page 69 of 175 FirstFirst ... 596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3485

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by madships View Post
    New to me. 44mm, 1000m depth, titanium case, eta movement. Looks totally daft on my tiny weak wrist, but I have been looking for one for years, and struck gold with a slightly risky eBay purchase
    Very nice. I always liked that Regulator Diver but I can't pull off the size.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone is looking for an exotic strap, Jomashop is blowing out a lot of their Hadley Roma models. I purchased three 20mm (2 ostrich and 1 alligator) for $75 total. These are the real thing not normal leather that's made to look like something else.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Bulova Lunar Pilot is checking a lot of chrono boxes and piquing my interest. Though I am trolling the eBay waters for the Seiko RAF chrono.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a Timex Ironman Triathlon watch for everything. It holds up well, tells time, and has a stopwatch and a time if I need them.
    (It's also faster to glance at my wrist than to open up my iPhone 5 SE, which also usually goes with me everythere.)

@54ny77 - If I am going to spend $1000 for anything it will be on a nice lugged-steel bike or components, not on a watch. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok folks, I need some recommendations for a new watch.

My currently daily is a slim Skagen something-or-other with a leather band. I appreciate its low profile and good looks but I think I need something a bit more up to the task.

Some info:
    -Not looking to break the bank - figure I can get something in the $200-300 range as to not worry too much about it.
    -I plan on wearing it the majority of the day with few exceptions (take it off to play hockey, for a road ride, sleep, shower, etc.)
    -I commute via mountain bike on days where the trails are reasonably dry and on the road when it rains. Water/dirt proof is a must, I also tend to wear through leather bands with a combination of rain/sweat.
    -Analog preferred but with low/no maintenance, no need for digital or smart capabilities.
    -I'd prefer if it were not too heavy
    -It's gotta look good and relatively modern/minimalist as in not too busy on the watch face - think Skagen, MVMT.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianWong View Post

My currently daily is a slim Skagen something-or-other with a leather band. I appreciate its low profile and good looks but I think I need something a bit more up to the task.

Some info:
    -Not looking to break the bank - figure I can get something in the $200-300 range as to not worry too much about it.
    -I plan on wearing it the majority of the day with few exceptions (take it off to play hockey, for a road ride, sleep, shower, etc.)
    -I commute via mountain bike on days where the trails are reasonably dry and on the road when it rains. Water/dirt proof is a must, I also tend to wear through leather bands with a combination of rain/sweat.
    -Analog preferred but with low/no maintenance, no need for digital or smart capabilities.
    -It's gotta look good and relatively modern/minimalist as in not too busy on the watch face - think Skagen, MVMT.

Thanks!
    All I got for you is to look at the very extensive Seiko line in this price range. Of the watches I have bought in that price range (Seiko, Orient, Timex (cheaper), the Seiko has by far the best lume.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianWong View Post

Some info:

Thanks!
    If you could stretch a bit farther, a Seiko diver would be in reach.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    If you could stretch a bit farther, a Seiko diver would be in reach.
    He could easily find a Seiko diver in that range via interweb pricing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seiko Diver's can be had for under $200. That leaves you just north of $100 for a Murphy bezel, a sapphire crystal, and a couple of nice NATO straps. ;-)
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    Seiko Diver's can be had for under $200. That leaves you just north of $100 for a Murphy bezel, a sapphire crystal, and a couple of nice NATO straps. ;-)
    Might as well go all in, eh?

Truthfully, I was hoping to get something a bit sleeker/lower profile than a diver. Any suggestions? Or is the extra heft/thickness necessary for the features I'm asking for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. Sleeker...SNK809 maybe? My wife had one I paid $50 for that is the most accurate auto I've ever owned. All the cool seiko mod parts fit these too.

I'd still get a diver but that's just me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. Sleeker...SNK809 maybe? My wife had one I paid $50 for that is the most accurate auto I've ever owned. All the cool seiko mod parts fit these too.

I'd still get a diver but that's just me.
    I can get on board with the NSK809, especially for the prices I'm seeing online. Would leave some room in the budget for some mods if I'm feeling up to the task. Any reputable online sources for pre-modded Seikos? Just so I can have a peek down the rabbit hole before making a decision.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harold at yobokies sells them pre-modded. I bought one for my sister that was made to look like a Sinn (dial/hands/sapphire). Plenty of options out there, get your google-fu on and have fun...it can be a deep rabbit-hole!

P.S. I still think you should go for the diver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harold at yobokies sells them pre-modded. I bought one for my sister that was made to look like a Sinn (dial/hands/sapphire). Plenty of options out there, get your google-fu on and have fun...it can be a deep rabbit-hole!

P.S. I still think you should go for the diver
    What's the big draw for the diver over the NSK809? I really do prefer the look and lower profile of the NSK809 over the chunkier diver.

And I don't think I'll find myself below 100m any time soon..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the movement is the same 7S26 in both units but the beefier case, solid back, screw-down crown and resulting increased water-resistance...it's just more robust all the way around imho. The SKX wears smaller than it measures - maybe try and find a SKX173 in the local mall to try on? If you can't find one I'll send you mine to try. It's got the Murphy bezel, sapphire, and a very subtle second hand swap that even most aficionados wouldn't catch.

All of that said the 809 is a fantastic watch for the price so you can't go wrong either way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't read this, but it has some good side by side comparison photos. Review: Seiko SKX7 Dive Watch & Seiko 5 SNK89 Military Watch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seiko 7S family diver if you want automatic, or a G-shock if you don't mind a battery change once in a blue moon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the movement is the same 7S26 in both units but the beefier case, solid back, screw-down crown and resulting increased water-resistance...it's just more robust all the way around imho. The SKX wears smaller than it measures - maybe try and find a SKX173 in the local mall to try on? If you can't find one I'll send you mine to try. It's got the Murphy bezel, sapphire, and a very subtle second hand swap that even most aficionados wouldn't catch.

All of that said the 809 is a fantastic watch for the price so you can't go wrong either way.
    Thanks for the offer!

Scrolling through Yobokies has me thinking I'll pick up a stock 809 for now ($50, can't go wrong) then scheme up a modded Diver at some point in the future.

This is probably a dangerous road to go down but there's no stopping it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to put in a word for the Seiko titanium watches too: I bought this a few years ago and it's served me well, super light and minimal on the wrist with a NATO strap, would be great for MTB. Amazon.com: Seiko Men's SGG731 Titanium Silver Dial Watch: Seiko: Watches

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 54ny77 View Post
    what is a watch?
    Anymore it seems
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]https://cdn2.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/apple-iphone-x.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images