User Tag List

Page 61 of 175 FirstFirst ... 515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3485

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    For a quality mechanical watch, is there an over/under for how much time it should lose or gain in a day, or week?
    Mine is running +30s/day, but I haven't been bothered to go have the movement serviced or regulated since the worst thing that happens is that I show up early somewhere, but that's better than running late. It's been four years since I got the Stowa though, so maybe it's about time.

Am currently waiting on delivery of a Seiko SKX007, so maybe it'll happen as soon as I have something else to put on my wrist.
    My name is Hung | Instagram | Website/portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll bite. My Omega Seamaster loses 5 mins. per month which is the interval where I check it and adjust date if required. My watch has been serviced twice and both times came back with the exact same loss of time over a month. I'm fine with that. It's one he!! of a watch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    I'll bite. My Omega Seamaster loses 5 mins. per month which is the interval where I check it and adjust date if required. My watch has been serviced twice and both times came back with the exact same loss of time over a month. I'm fine with that. It's one he!! of a watch.
    5 minutes a month is a lot...that's 10s per day and wouldn't pass certification..I have a few mechanical watches and none is off by more than +/- 1s per day...my oldest watch was running slow and I had it serviced...it is spot on

Do you wear it every day and/or keep it on a winder?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good to know. It never leaves my wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    5 minutes a month is a lot...that's 10s per day and wouldn't pass certification..I have a few mechanical watches and none is off by more than +/- 1s per day...my oldest watch was running slow and I had it serviced...it is spot on

Do you wear it every day and/or keep it on a winder?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a quality mechanical watch, is there an over/under for how much time it should lose or gain in a day, or week?
    -4/+6 sec/day is the COSC standard.

My Omega lost 6sec per day, then magically started losing less than a second per day a month before it quit working reliably at all (stopped at random sometime in the morning). Now it is on spa vacation in Switzerland until September.

The Timex digital placeholder (chronograph; gotta know how long I've been sitting at the desk...) gains about 3sec every month, and has a GMT complication (circuit?), lap timers etc. All it is missing is elegance.

Best,

Will
    William M. deRosset
    Fort Collins, CO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hmai18 View Post
    Mine is running +30s/day,
    Get it degaussed! running crazy fast is a sign of a magnetized watch.

Cheers,

Will

P.S. Alternatively, it may be demonic possession. Also have your witch doctor (RGM?) evaluate for demons infesting the case. Aviation watches are particularly susceptible..
    Last edited by WMdeR; 07-05-2017 at 05:15 PM. Reason: blaterhing on.
    William M. deRosset
    Fort Collins, CO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still love it atmo.

still want it. still think it's the best looking, most functional daily wear watch they have produced.

i emailed them about a year and a half ago asking if they knew of any on the used market, and was told they had enough parts to make one (minus the RS logo). new wasn't in my budget, unfortunately.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the Stowa lubricated and regulated to +9s/day earlier this week. Not that it matters that much since I've been wearing the Seiko daily since it arrived. Accuracy was -5s/day out of the box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife is the best; happy early 30th and Christmas to me:

IMG_0226.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicely done. All my favorite watches were gifts from my wife. That Speedmaster is classic...you'll enjoy it for a long, long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had the Stowa lubricated and regulated to +9s/day earlier this week. Not that it matters that much since I've been wearing the Seiko daily since it arrived. Accuracy was -5s/day out of the box.

Love my 007 also. I've been enjoying a similar accuracy for the last 5 years. Worn everyday. All day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D@mnit Murphy. That's the one. Super nice watch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish my watch would run fast. It loses time, exactly how much time per day I'm not sure, maybe a minute or three. My internal clock is always behind, wish my watch would compensate a bit instead of enabling/confusing me. I guess I could pack it in and get something with a battery...
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    I wish my watch would run fast. It loses time, exactly how much time per day I'm not sure, maybe a minute or three. My internal clock is always behind, wish my watch would compensate a bit instead of enabling/confusing me. I guess I could pack it in and get something with a battery...
    A minute or three per day? You could either get it serviced or just set it 6 minutes ahead so you'll be 3 minutes early everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're curious and don't have the patience for manually checking and recording accuracy measurements every day, I'd download and try https://toolwatch.io/ for a week. The app basically checks in with the US Naval Observatory's atomic clock and lets you sync your watch every 12 hours to compare the difference. It's not as accurate as a machine that actually measures the beats of a movement, but it'll at least give you an idea of how far out you are.

Agree with Matt though, if it's losing at least a minute per day, I'd go get it checked out and adjusted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    A minute or three per day? You could either get it serviced or just set it 6 minutes ahead so you'll be 3 minutes early everywhere.
    Duh. Meant per week. Which also seems out of spec. I'll get a better handle on it and report back, using the tool below...
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duh. Meant per week. Which also seems out of spec. I'll get a better handle on it and report back, using the tool below...
    Ah...then you shouldn't be too late most of the time. But a servicing may still be in order. It's also possible you have lethargic wrist syndrome like me. I spend all day typing at a computer, so my watches regular wind down on me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice watch brother, that's a "J" too!

My current SKX is the least accurate I've owned and looses 5-min/month. I just set it at +5 min on the 1st when I adjust the date and leave it be.
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just in from Japan. Been looking to pick up a rugged, smaller diameter watch for beater, on the bike use. Seiko variant. pretty nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My watch returned from its swiss spa trip earlier this week: It left at -1sec/day (but stopped/hung periodically); it came back with a baggie of wee gears, a couple of gaskets, and various threaded bits. It is keeping about +3 sec/day since I got it back. We'll see how it settles in. I'm glad to have it back.

omega_rest_cure.jpg
    William M. deRosset
    Fort Collins, CO