User Tag List

Page 58 of 175 FirstFirst ... 484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3485

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDangerPants View Post
    I mentioned in a previous post how much I like 36mm watches as well as manually wound movements. I'm really digging my NOMOS Club and Marathon General Purpose Mechanical Limited Edition but I had been thinking about replacing my Universal Geneve automatic (also 36mm) that I inherited when my grandfather died 31 years ago. I really enjoy it but wanted something brand new for myself. I had been spying a Rolex Oyster Perpetual (116000) for the past few years and loved the blue face option which just so happens to have the 3/6/9 numbers, which I prefer. After much procrastination, I finally took the plunge and bought one last week. It looks great and feels great too. I'll still rotate in my NOMOS and Marathon but I'm guessing I might wear this with greater frequency than both those.

Enjoy! Excellent classic watch. I'm always impressed by the build quality of the bracelet and clasp when I hold one.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dogrange View Post
    Mr. flashUNC, I am also an admitted Seiko-holic. This came up on the interweb at an irresistible (to me ) price. I am going to enjoy having a hybrid quartz movement watch that doesn't stop if I don't wear it for a few days.

Untitled by Andrew Cohen, on Flickr

Untitled by Andrew Cohen, on Flickr
    Twinsies. My SKX173 took a beating on Reno2Cino -- bashed the truck bed more than a few times -- but just keeps on going. If this Prospex Kinetic is tougher, it'll definitely outlive me.

I was pretty torn between that model and the Padi I ended up getting. The brush case and dial details won out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Enjoy! Excellent classic watch. I'm always impressed by the build quality of the bracelet and clasp when I hold one.
    Thanks! I was a tad nervous about the Oyster bracelet as I've never worn anything except leather straps. So far, so good though. The staff at Long's made this watch fit perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    Twinsies. My SKX173 took a beating on Reno2Cino -- bashed the truck bed more than a few times -- but just keeps on going. If this Prospex Kinetic is tougher, it'll definitely outlive me.

I was pretty torn between that model and the Padi I ended up getting. The brush case and dial details won out.
    good on ya. a good quality sports watch is always ready to take a beating. Seiko builds simply amazing watches for what they charge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    The Prospex Kinetic is huge but it wears well.
    by the way, if you're into the look, and the quartz situation, citizen makes an ecodrive diver that has a very similar aesthetic with quite a bit smaller diameter. i wear one of these as my cycling, beat-em-up watch and the thing is indestructible. super inexpensive for such a quality product too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not NYC but not that far away. I sent my Seamaster to RGM for basic service and band repair. The work was perfect and RGM is a FOV (friend of Vsalon)

Quote Originally Posted by WMdeR View Post
    I don't know if this should be in its own thread, but any recommendations for a watch repair place, NYC based (lower manhattan preferred, actually, but not really picky)? The machine is an Omega Speedmaster and it started keeping time differently for about a week (better, actually: +1 to +3 vs -4s daily) and began getting stuck/hanging every few days. I'd have to nudge the hands with the crown to get it going again. Or it did until I let it run down and started wearing a Timex again, pending inspection and repair.

Best Regards,

Will

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mentioned in a previous post how much I like 36mm watches as well as manually wound movements. I'm really digging my NOMOS Club and Marathon General Purpose Mechanical Limited Edition but I had been thinking about replacing my Universal Geneve automatic (also 36mm) that I inherited when my grandfather died 31 years ago. I really enjoy it but wanted something brand new for myself. I had been spying a Rolex Oyster Perpetual (116000) for the past few years and loved the blue face option which just so happens to have the 3/6/9 numbers, which I prefer. After much procrastination, I finally took the plunge and bought one last week. It looks great and feels great too. I'll still rotate in my NOMOS and Marathon but I'm guessing I might wear this with greater frequency than both those.
    Very nice. I have been lusting after this or the Explorer for a while now. I love the blue dial, and the 3/6/9. Someday I will break down and walk out of a store with this or an Explorer. If they ever make the Explorer with a blue dial, I will probably be waiting at the door for the shop to open.
    Andrew Kimball
    Decatur, GA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pilot watch 36-39mm.... nato strap.

Looking at Hamilton Khaki. Easily obtainable, seems decent quality. Any reason not to do this vs something else?

For days when I don't want to wear Seamaster.

Or other "cool" suggestions. $300-500 buck range where I can walk in, purchase, walk out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Very nice. I have been lusting after this or the Explorer for a while now. I love the blue dial, and the 3/6/9. Someday I will break down and walk out of a store with this or an Explorer. If they ever make the Explorer with a blue dial, I will probably be waiting at the door for the shop to open.
    Thanks! I was also strongly considering the Explorer. If it came in a 36mm it would have been a much more difficult decision....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post

Looking at Hamilton Khaki. Easily obtainable, seems decent quality. Any reason not to do this vs something else?

Or other "cool" suggestions. $300-500 buck range where I can walk in, purchase, walk out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was on the list too - nice call. But w/out logo. I'd need to try it though. 39 starts to get too big. Am really a 36 guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was on the list too - nice call. But w/out logo. I'd need to try it though. 39 starts to get too big. Am really a 36 guy.
    i hear ya. i am personally not a fan of the trend for watches to be getting bigger and bigger. i like them on the smaller side myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half thinking about the $50 Seiko SNK805. 37mm X 10mm. Could do w/out the day + date window but hey, 50 bucks on Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the Hamilton Khaki. If you like 36mm and simple, the Tudor Black Bay 36 is awesome. It's also way outside that target price range, but it's a hell of a watch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! I was also strongly considering the Explorer. If it came in a 36mm it would have been a much more difficult decision....
    If you can find a previous version Explorer I, they were 36mm. The 39mm version is relatively new in the Rolex version of time, so there are probably plenty of 36s out there in good shape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    If you can find a previous version Explorer I, they were 36mm. The 39mm version is relatively new in the Rolex version of time, so there are probably plenty of 36s out there in good shape.
    Yeah, I looked at both the 14270 and 114270 but when push came to shove, I really wanted a new watch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I looked at both the 14270 and 114270 but when push came to shove, I really wanted a new watch.
    Makes sense. And the new one gives you that awesome newer bracelet and clasp. The new 214270 is at the top of my watch lust list. I had been leaning to the 114270 as I don't care whether the 3/6/9 are gold or luminescent, but the larger hands are a nice improvement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half thinking about the $50 Seiko SNK805. 37mm X 10mm. Could do w/out the day + date window but hey, 50 bucks on Amazon.
    Contact Harold (aka Yobokies). yobokies@yahoo.com.hk

I purchased this Seiko 5 mod with slightly different hands from him a few years ago for $118 USD + $10 shipping. You can ask for a face without a date window if that's what you want. He can also do other mods, as seen here: Mods by yobokies | Photobucket

My name is Hung | Instagram | Website/portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also really love my Stowa, which can be had with a completely sterile dial as well, though it's out of your projected budget. Mine is no logo, but with a really discrete date window at the 6'oclock position.

Flieger - STOWA GmbH+CO KG
    My name is Hung | Instagram | Website/portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm double posting here, but this found its way to me yesterday. I'd been lusting for this for a while.