User Tag List

Page 57 of 175 FirstFirst ... 474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3485

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by WMdeR View Post
    How often should a daily-wear mechanical-wind Lemania-based chronograph be routinely-serviced? This is a maintenance question and not in response to any trouble with my watch....

Best,
    Will
    William M deRosset
    Fort Collins CO
    How old is it? Many companies used to recommend every 5 years. Some newer watches are stretching their recommended service interval out to 10 years. Since you called it Lemania-based, my guess is that it's an older watch that might put it in the 5-ish year range. It's also worth considering what "daily wear" means to you. Do you wash your car and mow the lawn in it, or does it go to the office and then get taken off at the end of a day? That can play a part in when it needs servicing.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    How old is it? Many companies used to recommend every 5 years. Some newer watches are stretching their recommended service interval out to 10 years. Since you called it Lemania-based, my guess is that it's an older watch that might put it in the 5-ish year range. It's also worth considering what "daily wear" means to you. Do you wash your car and mow the lawn in it, or does it go to the office and then get taken off at the end of a day? That can play a part in when it needs servicing.
    I take my watches off to shower, and when I go swimming. I probably fall on the shorter end of the maintenance schedule. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Will
    William M deRosset
    Fort Collins CO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by m_b_b View Post
    Omega isn't in the budget, and wanted something a bit more casual for dressing down/weekends. Picked up an automatic seiko SNK009 for $40 a while back, and turns out it's a gateway. Couldn't resist this turtle (looks black in the photo, but is actually blue):

Thoughts? Gonna be picking one of those up soon myself. Apparently I've got a thing for that shape _I've had a 6306, 6309, and a Tsunami lol.

P.S. That Stowa is perfect Dustin!!
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wearing my Sea Viper on an Orange Isofrane a lot lately. It's an inexpensive, rugged auto that takes a beating well. Very comfy on the rubber isofrane strap too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    Thoughts? Gonna be picking one of those up soon myself. Apparently I've got a thing for that shape _I've had a 6306, 6309, and a Tsunami lol.
    I'm a fan. I tend to prefer smaller watches, and the case on this is my biggest by far. But, it wears quite a bit smaller since the bezel is set in from the case (and then of course the dial is smaller still). I also got a spare rubber strap from Toxic Natos, that one is perfect for the beach. On the bracelet it still fits under a cuff and works with my usual "business casual" attire. It's a nice alternative to the dressier watches I usually wear to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FullSizeRender.jpg
    Just picked this up last week. Love the lume.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Magrette Moana Pacific...

and the one I am after Cobra de Calibre Bronze - sold out, but there is still hope to find one in the www...

cheers, A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if this should be in its own thread, but any recommendations for a watch repair place, NYC based (lower manhattan preferred, actually, but not really picky)? The machine is an Omega Speedmaster and it started keeping time differently for about a week (better, actually: +1 to +3 vs -4s daily) and began getting stuck/hanging every few days. I'd have to nudge the hands with the crown to get it going again. Or it did until I let it run down and started wearing a Timex again, pending inspection and repair.

Best Regards,

Will
    William M. deRosset
    Fort Collins, CO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love a new Seiko for Christmas. Give me some low budget options. Diver look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    I'd love a new Seiko for Christmas. Give me some low budget options. Diver look.
    Skx007
    Srp777

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone had hands on a Tudor Heritage Black Bay 36 yet?

Need (*) a nato strapped alternative to the 'ol Seamaster.

-Mark

(*) N+1 watches....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Anyone had hands on a Tudor Heritage Black Bay 36 yet?

Need (*) a nato strapped alternative to the 'ol Seamaster.

-Mark

(*) N+1 watches....
    I've tried it on. It's very nice but I prefer the size of my regular black bay (red bezel). Unless you have very small wrists or prefer a more classically sized watch, I think the black bezel black bay is just about perfect for an understated dive watch.

Edit for size reference this is the black bay on my wrist...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very small wrists for me. The full size doesn't wear well unfortunately. Our local jeweler has Rolex + Tudor and should have the 36mm in at some point. Need to pop in and have them ring me when they get one.

Not in a rush. Could also hunt for a Speedmaster "reduced". Not sure on those but seems they came in 36-39 depending on the model.

Idle watch thoughts...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Very small wrists for me. The full size doesn't wear well unfortunately. Our local jeweler has Rolex + Tudor and should have the 36mm in at some point. Need to pop in and have them ring me when they get one.

Not in a rush. Could also hunt for a Speedmaster "reduced". Not sure on those but seems they came in 36-39 depending on the model.

Idle watch thoughts...
    Mark... I was at Hamilton a few weeks ago and they had several new black bays in the case, but I don't remember if they had the BB36. They did have the new 2106 Rolex Air-King, which was tempting me to buy it.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IWC watches are my all-time favorites.
    They have a knack for making nearly their whole lineup attractive.
    I would happily wear pretty much anything from that factory...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    IWC watches are my all-time favorites.
    one of these days, i'll have myself an Aquatimer 3548 and 3536. those are 2 of my all-time favs.

as well as a Big Pilot. might have to stop buying bike stuff for that to happen, though.

a fleiger in the Le Petit Prince motif would satisfy me, too.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent choices there, dashDustin.
    Aquatimer is in my future someday, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mentioned in a previous post how much I like 36mm watches as well as manually wound movements. I'm really digging my NOMOS Club and Marathon General Purpose Mechanical Limited Edition but I had been thinking about replacing my Universal Geneve automatic (also 36mm) that I inherited when my grandfather died 31 years ago. I really enjoy it but wanted something brand new for myself. I had been spying a Rolex Oyster Perpetual (116000) for the past few years and loved the blue face option which just so happens to have the 3/6/9 numbers, which I prefer. After much procrastination, I finally took the plunge and bought one last week. It looks great and feels great too. I'll still rotate in my NOMOS and Marathon but I'm guessing I might wear this with greater frequency than both those.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I officially have a Seiko problem. The Prospex Kinetic is huge but it wears well. We'll see about the kinetic movement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr. flashUNC, I am also an admitted Seiko-holic. This came up on the interweb at an irresistible (to me ) price. I am going to enjoy having a hybrid quartz movement watch that doesn't stop if I don't wear it for a few days.

Untitled by Andrew Cohen, on Flickr

Untitled by Andrew Cohen, on Flickr