User Tag List

Page 50 of 175 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3485

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon White View Post
    Movement sounds nice:

H-10, H-30 and H-40, a trio of new Hamilton movements developed with ETA , boasts a typical power reserve of 80 hours.
    The following elements have been modified:

- The entire kinematic chain has been refined, from the barrel to the escapement
    - The escapement regulator has been suppressed, facilitating optimal reliability and precision
    - The main spring has been improved to increase a typical power reserve of 80 hours.
    - The mono-block rotor is distinctively skeletonized with an “H” shape and aviation-inspired cut-outs, a signature of individualization.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Tag Heuer Connected smart watch with the look of a classic mechanical Tag has been released. I'm not generally interested in smart watches, but this is pretty cool.

TAG Heuer Connected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just picked up. oris aquis 40mm. good size for my small wrists compared to some of the new crop of jumbo watches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    just picked up. oris aquis 40mm. good size for my small wrists compared to some of the new crop of jumbo watches.

I was just looking at this exact watch last night on Jomashop. Talk to me about it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big news coming down the pipeline for us Seiko diver fans...they are reissuing 6306/6309s to be available early next year!!

laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool news jason, thanks for pointing this out! another watch for the list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason you evil bastid. Beautiful and so cool they are doing this but we both know the answer ;)

I'll put this out there. You people are troublemakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent news Jason. Where will these Seikos fall on the price spectrum, any idea?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy - I think official list for the Turtles (as they're being called) is 419 euros on rubber and a few more for the bracelet which isn't too far above official list for the SKX series. They'll be powered by a hacking/hand-winding 4R36. Here's to hoping Murphy bezels and Yobokies Sapphires will fit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so happy to finally have a hacking movement in a Seiko Diver at this price level. That has long been one of my main gripes about the SKX series. I know it's a small thing, but I like to be able to set a precise time without utilizing some janky hacking trick. Second on the sapphire too. With an aftermarket sapphire installed and a hacking movement, these will be near perfect beater watches. I think the only other thing I could ask for would be drilled lugs. In any event, I will be very near the front of the line when these go on sale. There has been a Seiko Diver sized hole in my collection ever since I sold by Sumo that this will fill perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Regards,

Jason Curtis
    FoCo, CO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jklash View Post
    I'm so happy to finally have a hacking movement in a Seiko Diver at this price level. That has long been one of my main gripes about the SKX series. I know it's a small thing, but I like to be able to set a precise time without utilizing some janky hacking trick. Second on the sapphire too. With an aftermarket sapphire installed and a hacking movement, these will be near perfect beater watches. I think the only other thing I could ask for would be drilled lugs. In any event, I will be very near the front of the line when these go on sale. There has been a Seiko Diver sized hole in my collection ever since I sold by Sumo that this will fill perfectly.

Agreed on all points. In fact I'm collecting parts for what afiak will be the worlds first fixed-bar SKX (I wear NATOs). If it works out it will get a 6r15 motor, SARB059 crown/stem (to get the 6R to work in the case), DD Sapphire, Murphy bezel with OE insert, and still thinking about dial/hands...but I'll likely stick with the fixed-bar theme and go with a no-date SM300 dial/MOD hands...in which case it really needs a high-dome acrylic...

But the 6309 cushion is my all-time favorite case and one of these will no doubt find its way into my meager collection...which isn't even the right word because atm I'm down to only 1 watch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    ...it works out it will get a 6r15 motor, SARB059 crown/stem (to get the 6R to work in the case), DD Sapphire, Murphy bezel with OE insert, and still thinking about dial/hands...but I'll likely stick with the fixed-bar theme and go with a no-date SM300 dial/MOD hands...in which case it really needs a high-dome acrylic...
    Jason, can you say who will be doing the 'smithing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Horn is the cat who's setup to reliably drill SKX lugs - I'll drop you a pm with his contact info. I originally contacted him about drilling lugs, which morphed into screwbars and then fixed bars lol. I've always wanted a hacking SKX so I contacted Rob @ Monster about sourcing the movement/crown/stem. I've got a small stash of Murphy bezels sitting here waiting for projects...and when I've figured out which dial/hands (Yobokies) Jack at IWW will assemble it.

Ive never had a springbar problem btw, truthfully I suppose this is all just a conceptual exercise...good way to blow some coin anyhow...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Horn is the cat who's setup to reliably drill SKX lugs - I'll drop you a pm with his contact info. I originally contacted him about drilling lugs, which morphed into screwbars and then fixed bars lol. I've always wanted a hacking SKX so I contacted Rob @ Monster about sourcing the movement/crown/stem. I've got a small stash of Murphy bezels sitting here waiting for projects...and when I've figured out which dial/hands (Yobokies) Jack at IWW will assemble it.

Ive never had a springbar problem btw, truthfully I suppose this is all just a conceptual exercise...good way to blow some coin anyhow...
    Excellent. Sounds like a winner.

My favorite thing about my Tsunami is it's basically a 6309 case with 6r15 motor in it. One of my favorite watches. I look forward to seeing how yours comes together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I've been looking for another Tsunami, like you said it's basically a super 6309. I loved the watch but Jake shafted me so I didn't keep it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I've been looking for another Tsunami, like you said it's basically a super 6309. I loved the watch but Jake shafted me so I didn't keep it.
    I really like his concept, but between a couple of design elements that didn't quite do it for me, a price that seemed a little high compared to the Sumo with the same movement, and some customer service issues (long delays, crappy website, poor communication etc.), I never got around to buying one. I feel pretty lucky now though, because I think I'd rather have a full-blooded Seiko anyway. I could just never quite see to sending $500+ so someone that I wasn't totally sure would give me what I wanted. Now we'll be able to get a similar watch for half the price, even with the sapphire installed. I frankly can't wait for these to hit the shelves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Afaik the original Tsunami's were fine - Jake inherited the project when Noah passed away and things went south from there. I got one of the last of the original 'black classics' (#96/100), he switched some things around on my order "because he wanted to" and wouldn't rectify them. They may have been a little pricey considering...but I gave it no quarter for almost 3 years and made $200 when I sold it... But totally agree that a genuine Seiko is looking good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Have you ever tried the sub on a nato strap? I find them way more comfortable for more active pursuits and since you generally wear your watch all the time, it may be a good option. And it would look great.
    I only wear my Sub or GMT Master on Zulu nylon bands. Comfortable, easily changed and cleaned, and really tones down the watch. People rarely ever notice them for what they are and I like that. I don't like NATO bands (too much strap, too many rings, raises watch away from the wrist and I don't like the off-center buckle placement). I do understand the reasons behind the design, but always preferred the Zulu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WayneJ View Post
    I only wear my Sub or GMT Master on Zulu nylon bands. Comfortable, easily changed and cleaned, and really tones down the watch. People rarely ever notice them for what they are and I like that. I don't like NATO bands (too much strap, too many rings, raises watch away from the wrist and I don't like the off-center buckle placement). I do understand the reasons behind the design, but always preferred the Zulu.
    I'm a fan of the Zulu, too. Nylon, any way you cut it, is very comfortable and versatile. Great point about how it tones down a watch, too.