User Tag List

Page 48 of 175 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

I ordered one of these on Saturday:

orient_fem65001bw_-_mako.still025.jpg

I preferred the style with the numerals on the dial.

Something like $115 on Amazon, and I think its a little more distinctive than a Seiko 007.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is next:

CLASSIC AUTOMATIC | MECHANICAL WATCHES / ET0P003W | ORIENT WATCH

Really can't stand watches that don't have day and date.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case it hasn't been posted before... this blew me away.

Watch Time Slip Away With These Exquisite Watches [VIDEO]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just took in this beauty on consignment. 18K Rose Gold Omega Museum Collection Cosmic 1951 day/date/moon phase. The case measures approximately 33mm square by 11mm thick- a beautifully proportioned watch and it has a really nice weight to it. It clearly hasn't been worn much at all and the protective plastic is still on the back. What a gorgeous piece.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please sir may I have Moar!
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    Please sir may I have Moar!
    I can try to get some better photos if you like. The dial is a bit darker in person. I normally go for more military style watches and rarely anything this dressy but this one looks just dynamite on the wrist and the size is perfect. It's such a beautiful watch- unfortunately it's priced way out of my league although it's a good value for a 18K Gold watch this nice. I think it's number 49 out of 1951. It's an automatic movement with 72 hour power reserve and it has a sapphire crystal.

There's more info about it here- OMEGA Watches: Press Kit Text

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just ordered the Orient Ray with black dial, will post pics when it comes in.
    "Caution-Slope Is Slippery"
    Ha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
    Just ordered the Orient Ray with black dial, will post pics when it comes in.
    "Caution-Slope Is Slippery"
    Ha!
    It's not just slippery...it's steep! Enjoy the watch, Burnette!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    It's not just slippery...it's steep!
    I decided a while back that I have to wear each and every one of my watches at least one day per week. (no cheating and wearing two at the same time or one during the day and one at night) That means that I can't have more than 7.

Not counting my grandfather's Bulova, which runs but I don't wear it during the summer (too sweaty) and my Polar HRM receiver which I don't really consider a watch, I have 5 and no plans (right now) to get any more. We'll see if that changes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since there is a deep knowledge base here, any help in identifying exactly what I have here? I know that it's a Seiko dive watch (duh) but I don't think that's it's anything special. You can tell by the photos that I've hardly worn it and I actually just replaced the band with a Seiko band as the original dry rotted from inactivity. The case measures about 43mm in diameter and 10mm thick. The dial is navy blue, with blue and red trim and illuminated hands and dots (numbers). Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the Seiko Pepsi Quartz divers. Quartz cousin to my SKX173 and the SKX 007.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHC033, 7N36-7A08 movement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Orient Ray came in the mail yesterday.
    Today I took my old dead Pulsar and non spinning Seiko Kinetic for work along with the Ray to have some links removed from the band.
    The Ray is a size 41mm, about the max for my 6 1/2 in wrist.
    I like the weighty feel of the watch, it feels a tad heavier than the Kinetic.
    And the Ray's wide wrist band is awesome as compared to the narrow and thin band. The thicker band keeps it in place better.
    watch 6a.jpg
    Some fun pics from earlier today after I figured out how to set the day/time:
    watch 3a.jpgwatch 5a.jpg
    Vsalon timepiece pc
    watch 7a.jpg
    Looks about the same on my seven year old daughter's arm, Ha!
    watch 8a.jpg
    I really like it, been wearing it since taking these pics. Something about wearing a watch just seems right.
    The red second hand pointer was a good choice by the maker, it catches the eye quick.
    We had open house at my daughter's school today after work and when coordinating that meeting and dinner with my wife, twice the Mrs asked me the
    time. A quick look at the wrist instead of fumbling with my phone made me remember the quick utility of a watch.
    Though the Orient Ray isn't a high roller watch, looking at it now it does feel and work like a quality piece.
    So now that the Pulsar and Seiko are in the shop, I'll have three watches now when they come back.
    I'm done for awhile. This Ray will get worn the most by far.
    Happy with my purchase, should have done it long ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have any experience with the Tudor Heritage Ranger? I've always liked the watch since its release but could not justify the price. There are a few used floating around $2,000, which isn't too bad. What about a Hamilton Officer Mechanical for something, somewhat, similar but far less at around $350?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gary_a_gooner View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the Tudor Heritage Ranger? I've always liked the watch since its release but could not justify the price. There are a few used floating around $2,000, which isn't too bad. What about a Hamilton Officer Mechanical for something, somewhat, similar but far less at around $350?
    Moderator Matt has handled one, I think. He has knowledge of them. I'm sure he'll chime in here when he's done gravel gouging in VT or Mass.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon White View Post
    Moderator Matt has handled one, I think. He has knowledge of them. I'm sure he'll chime in here when he's done gravel gouging in VT or Mass.
    I'm actually sandwich gouging in New Hampshire at the moment. Short version, since I'm on my phone, is that they're two very different watches. Tudor starts to put you into that fine timepiece category and, in my opinion, has the build quality of more expensive brands. They're very solid and as much of a value for the money as a luxury watch can be. I'm biased a bit as a big fan of the brand, but I'm wearing a Heritage Black Bay now and it's one of my favorite watches. I was deciding between this and the Ranger and it was almost a toss up. The Ranger is classic and the only reason I picked the Black Bay was because I have my eye on something else that's too similar to the Ranger to have both.

Hamilton is a good brand, don't get me wrong. They're just a different category and generally use different materials and manufacturing processes which is what accounts for the price difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, yea. I know they're completely different watches, but a little similar in the style I'm looking for (field, military, pilot, etc.). Wanted to know if anyone has had any actual wrist time with either of them. I'd wear the Hamilton if I were on a bike, definitely not with the Tudor.

Matt--which Black Bay do you have, blue or red? My brother in law got the red one 2 years ago. Great piece.

Any other recommendations for a simple field or pilot watch? 42mm or less. I have a PAM112 and I can't go more than 42 for this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2mm larger than what you want, but this was my first auto and I kind of miss it. But, it went to someone here on the Salon (well, his son), so I can't complain:

Hamilton Khaki Officer Series Men's Watch H70615733 - Khaki Field - Hamilton - Shop Watches by Brand - Jomashop
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Dustin View Post
    2mm larger than what you want, but this was my first auto and I kind of miss it. But, it went to someone here on the Salon (well, his son), so I can't complain:

Hamilton Khaki Officer Series Men's Watch H70615733 - Khaki Field - Hamilton - Shop Watches by Brand - Jomashop
    Joma's got a decent price on the Officer Mechanical. I've read a lot, both good and bad, about Joma. Tempting....