User Tag List

Page 45 of 175 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by -Dustin View Post
    snipped: But I don't love how I got it. It bothers me every time I put it on. Nothing crazy, just personal deal. Nothing illegal or immoral.
    Get it. My Tsunami bothered me in the same way, I think the back story is already in this thread somewhere but I traded a MKII that was originally Jake B's back to him for the Tsunami - but when it came the config wasn't what I'd ordered and he wouldn't do anything about it. Great great watch but it always bothered me so it has moved on. Funnily enough I'm down to 1 watch at the moment (a MKII MMT)!
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone here have any opinions of or dealings with Timely Classics?

Contact Us

They have a watch for sale that once belonged to my grandfather. I never knew it existed before today, but now I really want it.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got to handle a Tudor Pelagos today. I'm in love - that's enough watch to keep me monagomous for life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    Finally got to handle a Tudor Pelagos today. I'm in love - that's enough watch to keep me monagomous for life.
    How serious are you? You'll love it. I picked up a red bezel Tudor Heritage Black Bay a few months back and I've pretty much worn nothing else since. The Pelagos is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More serious than current funds permit with a 7 month old.

Checked out a Black Bay too - Love the crown signature. Which strap did you get it on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More serious than current funds permit with a 7 month old.

Checked out a Black Bay too - Love the crown signature. Which strap did you get it on?
    I went with the leather strap but have been wearing it on the NATO for the last month or two. I may end up getting a bracelet for it as well. It has a great weight and size so it's really comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife surprised me with one as a gift last fall after I'd tried it on a time or two and it's become my daily wearer ever since. In fact, I'm in the process of selling my Sumo and couple of other watches because they just don't get worn any more. The Pelagos really is a beauty. It's extremely well-made, but the matte dial and brushed finish keep it from being too flashy, plus the lume is really outstanding. I think it's a really great piece and I'd highly recommend it. Also, I hardly ever wear it, as I prefer NATO/ZULU straps, but when I do, the bracelet probably the most comfortable I've ever worn. The only thing I wish is that it had drilled lugs to make strap/bracelet swaps a little easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Tudor North Flag is kinda good looking.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Dustin View Post
    New Tudor North Flag is kinda good looking.
    Yeah, it looks nice. Seems like the blogs have pulled the posts since it's a bit premature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    I have a monster, which I think is the same movement and I get about a day and a half, maybe a little more, before I need to put it back on to wind it.
    If I understand correctly, the Monster has the 4r36 movement, can be wound by hand and hacked. The SKX007 has the 7s26 movement and cannot be wound by hand nor hacked.

There is some good 4r36 info here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by choke View Post
    Since we're talking 007s......here's my Yao, purchased not long after Bill started doing them.

That's a beauty. I have one from his last one as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tudor updated their site this morning with the latest editions. The biggest news seems to be the introduction of an in-house movement with a 70hour power reserve. On the model front, there's the new North Flag and a blue version of the Pelagos, both of which have this new movement. They also have some new variants of the Fastrider Chrono. I'm having a hard time finding reasonable pics to post of the Pelagos and Fastrider, but here's the North Flag from Hodinkee. I like it. I think I'd like it even more without the yellow accents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool watch, this new one.

I have been really interested in the Pelagos, thanks for the head's up on the new color. I'd have to see them in real life, but I think the new blue looks a little toy-like, the older color looks better to me, at least after 10 seconds of review on their website. The new movement is interesting, but has resulted in extra lettering cluttering up around 6:00 - not a huge deal, but does detract from the dial's simplicity a little. I wonder if this means they will be doing closeout-type deals on the Pelagos stock with the old ETA movement?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm...the "____ Side of the Moon" collection is starting to lose it's lustre a bit. In my opinion. I'm confused as to who they're trying to appeal to. It's like Omega + Luminox/G-Shock/Bell&Ross.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dogrange View Post
    Cool watch, this new one.

I have been really interested in the Pelagos, thanks for the head's up on the new color. I'd have to see them in real life, but I think the new blue looks a little toy-like, the older color looks better to me, at least after 10 seconds of review on their website. The new movement is interesting, but has resulted in extra lettering cluttering up around 6:00 - not a huge deal, but does detract from the dial's simplicity a little. I wonder if this means they will be doing closeout-type deals on the Pelagos stock with the old ETA movement?
    The Pelagos in black is an awesome watch. I had a really hard time deciding between it and the Heritage Black Bay in red. Closeout deals are highly unlikely. Who knows. To some collectors the original may even be more desirable. I really have become a huge Tudor fan, new movements or old. Rocking this today...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    The Pelagos in black is an awesome watch. I had a really hard time deciding between it and the Heritage Black Bay in red. Closeout deals are highly unlikely. Who knows. To some collectors the original may even be more desirable. I really have become a huge Tudor fan, new movements or old. Rocking this today...

You take that pic w/ your iPhone 6s? That's clear.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon White View Post
    You take that pic w/ your iPhone 6s? That's clear.
    Yup. iPhone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I read this thread it reminds me I have a 14k Seamaster Cosmic from the late 60's I need repaired but the price to do so likely equals a very nice new watch or a really nice used one. The next time gold goes through the roof I should probably just melt it down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure if it counts in this thread. But I got a Suunto Ambit3 Peak Sapphire watch to replace my Citizen EcoDrive dive watch that I have used for hiking and riding for the past...5 years.

Cool watch I dig it.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    ... I should probably just melt it down.
    Comments like this will get you banned for life from the watch thread