User Tag List

Page 171 of 175 FirstFirst ... 161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 3485

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hamilton Khaki Field

Seiko makes an automatic field watch too called the SNK809 5 automatic for under $200.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Praesidius makes WWII A-11 homage watches, along with other military inspired designs. https://praesidus.com/

38 or 42mm NH35 movement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I scratch everything, including supposedly unscratchable stuff. I like the fancy watches, but I buy the least expensive divers model as close to 300m as I can get. Right now that's an old Citizen divers watch I've had for 11 years. I don't think they make that model any longer.
    Same here with scratching mineral crystals (or cracking them, when I'm really on my game). I've had this plain Jane Seiko for years now and I keep not finding a reason to replace it, so I had a local shop upgrade the crystal for me.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still really enjoying the murdered out Oceanus. Titanium watches are just so light and comfortable.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by holliscx View Post
    Does anything compete with the Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical watch?
    Defintely a nice watch that was on my radar back in 2018 (@theflashunc posted his here). I had recently purchased a 2017 Maratac Mid Central Second Pilot (Automatic) and have since purchased three more of those (2 steel quartz and one titanium automatic), so the Hamilton never made its way onto my wrist. Plus, I already had a Marathon General Purpose Mechanical Limited Edition so couldn't really justify it it way back then.

Speaking of military watches, just got this in the mail yesterday, an NOS Stocker and Yale Type 6 SandY P650. This is my second NOS Stocker and Yale, as I purchased one a year ago. My father-in-law is very generous around the holidays (well, year round too) and I decided to buy watches with whatever gift came my way. Last year I picked up this Stocker & Yale SandY 595 (quartz) from the proceeds from my holiday gift. I was lucky enough to find another NOS version, though wasn't looking specifically for an unused version.

Oh, and I have an NOS Stocker and Yale SandY 490 (manual wind) en route. Bought it with my own savings though. Anyway, here's ths P650:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Am I reading that caseback correctly, it was made in 2000? How's the tritium, 24ish years later?
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    ^^Am I reading that caseback correctly, it was made in 2000? How's the tritium, 24ish years later?
    Yup, it was made in 2000. There were three rounds of P650s: 1995, 1999, and 2000. The tritium is okay, not great. That being said, I left the watch on my dresser last night and when I got up in the middle of the night I was surprised to see the glow of the markers. Anyway, just ordered a Maratac 22mm silicone Zulu two-piece watch band.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. I know tritium has a half-life that isn't all that long, and older tritium watches didn't really glow any more. I'm not sure how "older" it needs to be tho for the glow to be too low to be useful.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Was not loving the shiny bracelet so now on a blue leather strap.

IMG_5671.jpgIMG_5672.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    I have been on a Tudor theme lately...1926 Opaline/Blue 41mm...picked up today but forgot to set time/date before I took the pic.

looks even better on a strap. selita (not in-house) movement so thin and less expensive to service.

Attachment 124718

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another NOS Stocker & Yale SandY, this time a 490, dated January 1998 (a MIL-W-46374F like the P650 I recently purchased). Makes this sort of my hat trick for Stocker & Yale in my collection. As much as I like the quartz versions I have, the 595 and P650, I've had my eye out for a manual wind version for quite some time and this popped up recently so I snagged it. Monochrome and Chronopedia have good descriptions of this model if you're interested. I really dig manual wind watches, my first really nice watch I purchased for myself was a NOMOS Club, and was pretty psyched to get this in my grubby little paws. I debated getting the earlier SandY 184, but like the 490 better due to the Swiss ETA 2801 manual wind (hacking) movement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just picked up this milsub-ish Seiko GMT mod so I don't bash up my Speedmaster so much.
    IMG_2169.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Timepieces

Did you buy it from a mod shop? A quick search turned up several sources for Seiko mods that I haven't seen before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father bought this TAG Heur GMT about 10 years ago because he was travelling a lot for work and did not feel safe wearing his Rolex DateJust. He is retired now, mostly wears an Apple watch, sometimes a quartz, and decided to pass this one on to me. It fits well for a 39mm watch which are often to small for my 7.75" wrist.

Tag Heur Carrera Twin-Time (GMT)
    IMG_5661.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of GMTs, here's one I slapped together after mistakenly ordering an NH34 movement -

-Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how simple that TAG Heuer is. What a nice thing to pass along.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDangerPants View Post
    Another NOS Stocker & Yale SandY, this time a 490, dated January 1998 (a MIL-W-46374F like the P650 I recently purchased). Makes this sort of my hat trick for Stocker & Yale in my collection. As much as I like the quartz versions I have, the 595 and P650, I've had my eye out for a manual wind version for quite some time and this popped up recently so I snagged it.
    MisterDangerPants! Nice to see you. I can see why you’re coveting these watches, they look very clean and functional. Good tools.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDangerPants View Post
    Another NOS Stocker & Yale SandY, this time a 490, dated January 1998 (a MIL-W-46374F like the P650 I recently purchased). Makes this sort of my hat trick for Stocker & Yale in my collection. As much as I like the quartz versions I have, the 595 and P650, I've had my eye out for a manual wind version for quite some time and this popped up recently so I snagged it. Monochrome and Chronopedia have good descriptions of this model if you're interested. I really dig manual wind watches, my first really nice watch I purchased for myself was a NOMOS Club, and was pretty psyched to get this in my grubby little paws. I debated getting the earlier SandY 184, but like the 490 better due to the Swiss ETA 2801 manual wind (hacking) movement.

Why do these say long life 5-10 years? 10 years is not a long life for a watch unless it came from Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by froze View Post
    Why do these say long life 5-10 years? 10 years is not a long life for a watch unless it came from Walmart.
    They were made in bulk for military use, where 5-10 years of service in less than ideal conditions is pretty commendable. Good story about the Sandy below.

https://monochrome-watches.com/the-r...-490-series-i/
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been on a Seiko tear lately. Really smitten with these 68' case shapes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not Riding!