User Tag List

Page 168 of 175 FirstFirst ... 158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 3485

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

New upgrade to the GW-S5600. It looks darker in pics, but in real life that bezel is highlighter yellow. My kiddo is a big fan of yellow, or as she used to call it 'lellow'.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the call for the Rolex Submariner Date 126610LN 41mm and I purchased it.
    (Even though he is at a new company, my wife and I have stayed in touch with our salesperson for 15 years through 4 companies which was helpful.)

It really does wear smaller and nicer than the previous generation Submariner Date. And, the GlideLock clasp is fantastic for when my wrist swells in the hot/humid weather.

IMG_5021_Corrected.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    New upgrade to the GW-S5600. It looks darker in pics, but in real life that bezel is highlighter yellow. My kiddo is a big fan of yellow, or as she used to call it 'lellow'.

There are times when a G-Shock is THE watch to be wearing. I wear mine when cycling.

I like that yellow, the color of success. (yes, the TdF is on right now. Go Pogacar!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had the BB58 for a year now. Still love it. Wore it to a fancy dinner and a theater show Friday, around town with the fam on Saturday, and five hours out in the river on Sunday and it fits in just fine everywhere.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pulled the trigger on my first Seiko this winter.

I've been wearing this a lot. Came with a really well made NATO seichu braided strap and a rubber.

The dial has a slight brown sunburst effect in the right conditions.

Since purchasing, I'm committed to a Grand Seiko in the future for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmech13 View Post
    I pulled the trigger on my first Seiko this winter.

I've been wearing this a lot. Came with a really well made NATO seichu braided strap and a rubber.

The dial has a slight brown sunburst effect in the right conditions.

Since purchasing, I'm committed to a Grand Seiko in the future for sure.
    Just came across these. Really, really like the SPB253J1.

Good pickup.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That one is close to the 62 MAS everyone loves so much.

I wanted the quirky Seiko 4 o'clock crown and like the lugs on this 68'

But all 3 options were pretty stellar.
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buried somewhere in this thread is info. where I can send my Seamaster for repair.

The wait for basic fixes is 8+ months or more from RGM where I've sent the watch before. If you know a good shop please do not hesitate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Buried somewhere in this thread is info. where I can send my Seamaster for repair.
    Go see Sam at Afram Jewelers downtown. I think I got his name here and he's been great with a couple of timepieces.
    This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmgorman View Post
    Go see Sam at Afram Jewelers downtown. I think I got his name here and he's been great with a couple of timepieces.
    Thanks bud :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noticed that MOMA's design shop is selling Unimatic watches. Their style is right in my aesthetic wheelhouse.

Last edited by j44ke; 07-24-2023 at 11:31 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josh, couldn't you send it to Omega? It will cost more than an independent and likely take longer as well but they do excellent work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post

The wait for basic fixes is 8+ months or more from RGM where I've sent the watch before. If you know a good shop please do not hesitate.
    Quote Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
    Josh, couldn't you send it to Omega? It will cost more than an independent and likely take longer as well but they do excellent work.
    I would send it directly to Omega. Rolex and Omega often charge the same (or less) than a quality independent watchmaker and going back to the mothership for repairs has always been great for my watches. They often only take 4-6 weeks whereas I have waited months from other places. My Oris Propilot with the most basic ETA2824 took 7 months to be returned from a well known independent.

Swatch Group US Customer Service - OMEGA/LONGINES/RADO
    55 Metro Way, Secaucus, NJ 07094
    (877) 839-5224
    $700 is Omega's current service price for a an automatic non-chrono.

Or...

Grand Central Watch
    https://centralwatch.com/
    *** my younger brother has taken several high quality vintage pieces here and they always do a great job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple weeks ago, I threw my name in a hat for a chance to win a King of G. I've wanted one of these monsters for a long time, but having never seen one in person, I held off. Hot damn if I didn't win. What a beast. Even better, it's the Japanese import, so it comes with Radio Band 6, in addition to Tough Solar. Pic below shows front side compared to 5610 in an AliX case.

-Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmgorman View Post
    Sam is a stellar gent. GREAT recommend :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrived about 4 months earlier than expected. Absolutely love this thing. I really do consider it to be a significant piece in the world of watchmaking, considering the cost + name behind it + innovation/ build process. Here's Hodinkee's article: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ma...busser-mad1red

I am debating giving it to wifey...maybe. I don't know. I'd like to have a CW Bel Canto at the house, too, so I'm debating picking up one of those and giving one to her, and keeping the other for myself. She's still pretty early in her watch addiction, and has seemingly jumped straight to the "if you know, you know" pieces, rather than obsessing over a lady Datejust. We'll see what happens. FOr now, this MAD 1 will rest in my office for me to stare at daily.

-Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    Got the call for the Rolex Submariner Date 126610LN 41mm and I purchased it.
    (Even though he is at a new company, my wife and I have stayed in touch with our salesperson for 15 years through 4 companies which was helpful.)

It really does wear smaller and nicer than the previous generation Submariner Date. And, the GlideLock clasp is fantastic for when my wrist swells in the hot/humid weather.

IMG_5021_Corrected.jpg
    This is such a sharp watch! I have the all black GMT, otherwise it would be on my list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    Arrived about 4 months earlier than expected. Absolutely love this thing. I really do consider it to be a significant piece in the world of watchmaking, considering the cost + name behind it + innovation/ build process. Here's Hodinkee's article: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ma...busser-mad1red

I am debating giving it to wifey...maybe. I don't know. I'd like to have a CW Bel Canto at the house, too, so I'm debating picking up one of those and giving one to her, and keeping the other for myself. She's still pretty early in her watch addiction, and has seemingly jumped straight to the "if you know, you know" pieces, rather than obsessing over a lady Datejust. We'll see what happens. FOr now, this MAD 1 will rest in my office for me to stare at daily.

Good "lottery win" on the Mad1Red. I think the CW Bel Canto is another great piece to own. I wish I could get my wife into watches but she has no interest in them. She has a Cartier Santos Demoiselle quartz and has no reason to have anything else; maybe a beater casio/seiko/timex/swiss-army if she can find one she actually likes. Either we are saving money by her lack of interest or it just means she has more money to spend on shoes and purses.

Quote Originally Posted by earlfoss View Post
    This is such a sharp watch! I have the all black GMT, otherwise it would be on my list.
    My favorite one with all black except for the green GMT hand. I had the chance to buy one before the craziness that started in 2018 but we were in London on vacation, I did not want to deal with the customs issues, and my wife said: "It's not like this will be your only chance to get a GMT Rolex." Live and Learn. I am on the waitlist for a BatGirl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one is getting some wrist time. I really like it.
    IMG_9552.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9/2023 State of the Collection

Eighteen watches is way too many (for me).
    Any in the top 3 rows is for sale (no trades).