User Tag List

Page 143 of 175 FirstFirst ... 133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3484

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by Thad Pasquale View Post
    First Rolex, after adding this to the others on my wish list, I only waited a bit over 2 months from the AD here in Taiwan. Honestly, I never expected them to call back about anything...I have a little more hope now. Honeymoon effect is strong with this one.

Attachment 118078

Attachment 118079
    Lovely watch! Nice to see another left-hander on the thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tudor Black Bay GMT.
    I love everything about it except the fake rivets on the bracelet.
    They said they will hold it until tomorrow so I can decide if I want it...but do I?
    I think if I did not already own a Rolex Explorer II Polar 216570 I would get it but I am not sure I need two GMT watches.

Attachment 118093

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a great watch. Toss on an aftermarket leather strap and it will look awesome. It's on my short list if I can ever get my hands on one.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slightly embarrassed to admit...I did it for the photo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    It's a great watch. Toss on an aftermarket leather strap and it will look awesome. It's on my short list if I can ever get my hands on one.
    I am surprised you cannot get one (and I fully understand if you do not reply).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thad Pasquale View Post
    First Rolex, after adding this to the others on my wish list, I only waited a bit over 2 months from the AD here in Taiwan. Honestly, I never expected them to call back about anything...I have a little more hope now. Honeymoon effect is strong with this one.

Attachment 118078

Attachment 118079
    Absolutely love Oyster Perpetuals and Datejusts. Just can't with the cyclops. Otherwise total stunners.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    I am surprised you cannot get one (and I fully understand if you do not reply).
    Popular watches go to customers first. The watches I own that are now in high demand weren't when I got them. Black Bay 58 is in a similar boat. They're in high demand so I we make sure any interested customers are taken care of before interested family members.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tudor Black Bay GMT.
    I love everything about it except the fake rivets on the bracelet.
    They said they will hold it until tomorrow so I can decide if I want it...but do I?
    I think if I did not already own a Rolex Explorer II Polar 216570 I would get it but I am not sure I need two GMT watches.
    The (continuing) date issue has scared me away from a few really, really good deals on these. Wouldn't be a problem if it was a one and done situation, but seeing a few pop up in classifieds that have had multiple trips to RSC for repair is a major turnoff.
    Last edited by dashDustin; 03-18-2021 at 09:34 AM.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    The (continuing) date issue has scared me away from a few really, really good deals on these. Wouldn't be a problem if it was a one and done situation, but seeing a few pop up in classifieds that have had multiple trips to RSC for repair is a major turnoff.
    Interesting. I don’t think we’ve had any come back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I don’t think we’ve had any come back.
    It's because I spent covid lockdown reading through rolexforums.com.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's because I spent covid lockdown reading through rolexforums.com.
    Well there's your issue. ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    Absolutely love Oyster Perpetuals and Datejusts. Just can't with the cyclops. Otherwise total stunners.
    I used to feel the same way, but during my "relationship building" I was trying on a lot of DJ because that's what they had and I guess I sort of got used the cyclops. Now I almost find it charming, I know that probably sounds a little weird...anyway, its not an issue for me anymore. Same can be said for two tone DJ, fluted bezels, and jubilee; just hated those attributes of the DJ... tried a bunch on, now I quite like them. I'm happy to enjoy this now, it makes the wait for the others much easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am happy to help.

The Milgauss is that watch model that nobody wanted just a few years ago and they were easy to acquire even new. Then it got hyped, then it got discontinued, not sure which came first, and now it is selling above its original retail price which makes no sense to me.

I could have purchased the white dial one three years ago at a 20% discount but passed because I did not love it. Looking back did I make a bad decision?
    https://www.velocipedesalon.com/foru...tml#post863144

Or how about easy access to the 39mm Explorer or 40mm Air King which all could have been purchased new from an authorized dealer at retail.
    https://www.velocipedesalon.com/foru...tml#post863202

I could have easily afforded all of them but I know myself well enough that I am not someone who likes to purchase, own, service, and rotate use of expensive things likes watches (or bikes) so I passed on them all. Maybe I could have made some money if I purchased them all 2.5 years ago and sold them today but I actually made so much more money on those funds (not spent on watches) by keeping it invested in the stock market yet I cannot get those watches today because they are in such high demand now. Did I make the correct decision?
    No, you made the correct and wise decision. I'm the same way, I have mutual funds and real estate I use my money for, those two will help me to retire comfortably, an expensive watch or bike or car even a house won't help me to retire comfortably. For things that depreciate in value, I don't put a lot of money into, if I was a billionaire I probably wouldn't care because at that point spending $9,000 for a watch is just pocket change, but being a millionaire on paper doesn't in my mind justify spending $9,000 for a watch, or $15,000 for a bike, or $40,000 plus for a car. Today a millionaire is nothing, today's billionaires are what millionaires were 40 years ago, but inflation has eroded that tremendously over the past 40 years. I have no debt, I buy all my cars at least 5 years old, I just bought a Toyota Tundra that was 10 years old and cringed at paying $20k cash for it, it seemed stupidly high priced but it was the best price I found for the mileage and condition anywhere within 250 miles of where I live.

Yes, you made a good decision, it's more important, especially for the coming years, to pay off all your debts from credit cards to cars, to your home, etc than it is to buy expensive and worthless luxury bling stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone here have connections with a Seiko Prospex dealer? I'd like to secure one of the SPB213s that's slated for a June release. Dealer I've been chatting with just told me they weren't bringing any in and somehow Austin lacks a Prospex dealer.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone here have connections with a Seiko Prospex dealer? I'd like to secure one of the SPB213s that's slated for a June release. Dealer I've been chatting with just told me they weren't bringing any in and somehow Austin lacks a Prospex dealer.
    check with Topper:
    https://topperjewelers.com/products/...edition-spb213

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also maybe reach out to Mimo's Jewelry - https://mimosjewelry.com/collections/seiko-prospex Not sure if he does pre-orders though. Toppers does for sure.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems googling SPB213 would've pulled up Topper's pretty quickly. As well as Feldmar. The dealer locator on Seiko's site was kind of not awesome. Regardless, email sent to Mimo's, too.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the Explorer II update is coming. I hope they leave the regular one alone, i'd still like to get one from an AD.

There was a piece on the Rob Report a couple weeks ago, suggesting Rolex production was down a massive 140,000 pieces
    in 2020, i'm sure this is a big part of the reason for the secondary market conditions.

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-c...er-1234601315/

It's a interesting situation, compared to Cartier that cut prices significantly and grew sales. Rolex's worst covid potential nightmare must have
    been an economic correction that would have left the market swimming with overstock, but it seems cutting production (if it was a choice, rather
    than supply chain and production issues due to covid) was a big factor in the crazy grey market situation that has been increasing for some time.

EPOst hoc ergo propter hoc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rolex didn't cut production on purpose. Their manufacturing was shut down for quite a while with Covid. Production was closed for about 2.5 months, which is 20% of the year. They probably just didn't scramble to increase production to make up for it. But they're making as many as they can...they just pretty much all sell as soon as they land in a case. I'm curious to see what they do to the Explorer II. My guess is that it'll follow a similar pattern as the Submariners with the recent case design changes, but who knows. Some blogs/forums are predicting an Explorer I change, but I think that's unlikely since they just redid it a few years back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rolex didn't cut production on purpose. Their manufacturing was shut down for quite a while with Covid. Production was closed for about 2.5 months, which is 20% of the year.
    Yeah, that makes sense, although somehow Cartier seemed to either increase production, or had a lot more available stock (could very well be less current inventory sold)
    since they didn't take the hit that Rolex did. What's so interesting is how it seems like nobody is talking about how the shortage in the market at AD's
    is caused by production, they think it's all flippers buying every watch at retail. 140,000 fewer watches is a big number.

Some blogs/forums are predicting an Explorer I change, but I think that's unlikely since they just redid it a few years back.
    Since they upsized the OP to 41mm, i suppose it's possible they'll do the same to the Explorer I, although i hope they don't. Or maybe they're planning on using Tudor
    as the younger, more vintage vibe sizes, given how well BB58 was received. They should bring the Ranger back. It's interesting how much clutter there is in the Tudor range,
    and with all the holes in the Rolex line, they have the possibility to fitting the two lines together much more than they have been doing more recently.

-g
    EPOst hoc ergo propter hoc