User Tag List

Page 139 of 174 FirstFirst ... 129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 3471

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by choke View Post
    I've had this for about a week now and I'm really happy with it. SBDC105/SPB147

I have been eyeing those up. The 147 came with a silicone bracelet right? Did you look at the 143 also?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    Given their patented deployant, not sure there's a need to swap straps to find one that works. JOMW's review called it the most comfortable watch he's ever worn.
    One of his YouTube vids, or is it written and posted somewhere? I can't find a whole ton of reviews on Formex.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never really paid attention to the Prospex stuff, but man...I'm seeing a lot of stuff I really, really like.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    One of his YouTube vids, or is it written and posted somewhere? I can't find a whole ton of reviews on Formex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never really paid attention to the Prospex stuff, but man...I'm seeing a lot of stuff I really, really like.
    i got my kid a prospex srp777...his first "real" watch...put in on a nato strap and he loves it

pretty nifty piece...altho you can tell it isn't the best material

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    I have been eyeing those up. The 147 came with a silicone bracelet right? Did you look at the 143 also?
    Yes, it came on a silicone strap. It's a nice strap but a bit on the long side for my smaller wrists. I did briefly consider the 143 but I generally don't like steel bracelets so I felt that the extra cost wasn't worth it. I also prefer the look of the gilt surrounds/hands.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by choke View Post
    Yes, it came on a silicone strap. It's a nice strap but a bit on the long side for my smaller wrists. I did briefly consider the 143 but I generally don't like steel bracelets so I felt that the extra cost wasn't worth it. I also prefer the look of the gilt surrounds/hands.
    The gilt looks good but I am a bit split because the 143 dial is more akin to what the 62MAS was. I think I would be more than happy with either one though. The gilt probably offers greater flexibility as I already have a more dark dial watch in my Speedmaster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    That was a handy video. Did a good job of showing the watch. And he mentions the branding, which I'm not a super fan of. Thanks for posting.

In other news, youngest (will be 14) expressed interest in getting a watch for his upcoming birthday. Wifey suggested that he look at my 'collection' and see what he likes. At this point, I've got 5 G-Shocks, a Freestyle Shark, 2 Sistem 51s, BB Steel, 8500 PO, and my Hamilton. He very quickly went for the GWM5610 with green nato, because he liked that he could easily see the date. So went ahead and ordered one up...I think he'll get a kick out of the Multiband 6 and Tough Solar features.
    Last edited by dashDustin; 02-09-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other news, youngest (will be 14) expressed interest in getting a watch for his upcoming birthday. Wifey suggested that he look at my 'collection' and see what he likes. At this point, I've got 5 G-Shocks, a Freestyle Shark, 2 Sistem 51s, BB Steel, 8500 PO, and my Hamilton. He very quickly went for the GWM5610 with green nato, because he liked that he could easily see the date. So went ahead and ordered one up...I think he'll get a kick out of the Multiband 6 and Tough Solar features.
    Very nice. I gave one of those to the kid across the street for a graduation present. He had a basic square G Shock that was flat worn out. He's not a watch guy at all, but he was stoked when he learned the new one was solar powered and would set itself every night.

I'm wearing my GMW-B5000 today actually, the 'grown up' version of the 5610.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    Very nice. I gave one of those to the kid across the street for a graduation present. He had a basic square G Shock that was flat worn out. He's not a watch guy at all, but he was stoked when he learned the new one was solar powered and would set itself every night.

I'm wearing my GMW-B5000 today actually, the 'grown up' version of the 5610.

Does the BT functionality add much to watch? I haven't really ever looked into it.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dreaming of travelling again with some GMT love today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the BT functionality add much to watch? I haven't really ever looked into it.
    Adds zero IMO. It can be useful for setting it up, it’s a bit faster than doing it on the watch (particularly setting the five world time cities). You can only see the battery level on the app, which bugs some folks, I’m glad there’s less stuff on the face of the watch all the time.

What bugs me about the BT is that once your watch is paired to a phone it will try to sync to the phone every six hours, four times a day. Even if it gets a successful sync at 6am, it does it again at noon. I think you have to have the G Shock app running all the time for it to work. Eff that.

I turned the Bluetooth off on mine. It syncs with the radio signal pretty much every night. Best thing about this module is the improved display, WAY better backlight, and the metal squares have bigger buttons than all the resin models.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better backlight? Damn, the one on my 5610 is pretty solid. Would love to see better. I just recently noticed how little the buttons are on my Squares. So that would be cool.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better backlight? Damn, the one on my 5610 is pretty solid. Would love to see better. I just recently noticed how little the buttons are on my Squares. So that would be cool.
    It’s better in two ways. First it’s a cool blue color instead of the green, which is easier on the eyes for me at least. And you can set how long it stays on, either two or four seconds. The 5610 only stays on like 1.5sec, I found if using it in real dark that by the time my eyes started to adjust to actually see it, it would turn off.

FYI the GW-B5600 series has the same module with the same backlight, but it’s a resin square. Has the small buttons and doesn’t have the extra crisp STN display, and most are negative displays.

Last edited by dgaddis; 02-10-2021 at 06:31 AM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    It’s better in two ways. First it’s a cool blue color instead of the green, which is easier on the eyes for me at least. And you can set how long it stays on, either two or four seconds. The 5610 only stays on like 1.5sec, I found if using it in real dark that by the time my eyes started to adjust to actually see it, it would turn off.

FYI the GW-B5600 series has the same module with the same backlight, but it’s a resin square. Has the small buttons and doesn’t have the extra crisp STN display, and most are negative displays.

oh yeah, that's bright. good to know. and i know what you mean about the light turning off too quick. it gets annoying when in real darkness.

here's another Proxpex that grabbed my attention:

SPB187

I think I like this blue dial more than the 149. As well as the curved endlinks.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^That's a good looking piece.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got the prior gen with the mouse pointer hour hand, aluminum bezel and 6R15. Fits great and a worthy descendant of the 6159.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/02/watc...e-this-season/

I'm not in the business of writing press releases, but if I was, I'd question my choices the moment I typed "athleisure."
    Last edited by 72gmc; 02-18-2021 at 01:27 PM.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watch

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books