User Tag List

Page 130 of 174 FirstFirst ... 120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3471

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

I occasionally don't take off the watch to play drums.

But I don't golf.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote would be for a 2-liner Pelagos.
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daily is a Black Bay heritage on an old sun and sea faded NATO. I find it very comfortable and it really only comes off at bedtime. When I was shopping, the Pelagos LHD was slightly more obtrusive than I wanted; so went with the more understated Black Bay.

With that said the LHD is back on my list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like I might be making some moves. If anyone wants a bomber/classic diver, I'm going to be moving my Squale 50 Atmos along shortly. Have tons of extra straps if interested.

Edit, yeah, also for those who shave legs but not arms, a rubber strap is good.
    Last edited by deano; 08-26-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those of y'all looking at a Pelagos need to keep an eye on www.watchshopping.com.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in a bit of "I sold some stuff and have some money to play with" move I have two Zelos Swordfishes inbound. I'm only going to keep one though.

I've got a 40mm steel 'black sands' on the way along with a 42mm titanium 'frost', which is a full lume dial. The titanium models aren't all sold out yet FYI..... find them here. $370 with all the goodies. Sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel insert, quick adjust clasp, etc.

I absolutely love the look of the frost dial on the new titanium version. But I suspect I'll like the size of the 40mm better. The 40mm frost doesn't look as good as the 42mm, it's got silver hands and bezel insert and doesn't have the border around the indices like the newer one does.

Last edited by dgaddis; 08-28-2020 at 09:53 AM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    Moving away from the maxi case. It looks great.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yellow dial 41mm OP is nice.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a Tissot Seastar I bought in 1972, 4 months ago the movement bit the dust and could not be repaired, so the repair guy said that Tissot might be able to fix it, so I contacted them and Swatch Company sent me a box to send it back in. They also could not fix it, so they offered me a fantastic deal, they traded my watch for a brand new Tissot PR100 Powermatic 80 for just $210, this watch retails for $775, so you know what that tells you...there's at least a $550 MARKUP on that watch! But I went for the deal obviously because the price was right. It's running a bit fast so I have to get into Tissot and get the time adjusted under warranty, it's about 5 minutes fast in 3 months, that may seem like not that big of deal, but the old Seastar ran about a minute and half in 3 months! Heck none of the quarts watches I ever owned kept time as good as that Seastar did. With both the Seastar and the PR100 I wear it every day no matter what I'm doing, taking a shower, swimming, riding the bike, whatever, it's permanently attached to my wrist.

I also have a Omega Seamaster that was made in 1959 I think, it was my dads, anyway that thing keeps time about the same as the Seastar did. I got such good service from Tissot I might send the Omega to them to have it gone through, Omega and Tissot are both owned by Swatch as you all know. I don't wear the Omega much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Moving away from the maxi case. It looks great.
    do you think the new subs will actually be available?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

greys will have them today at 2x retail. that's my guess, at least.

i like it simply because it'll take a 22mm NATO.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    greys will have them today at 2x retail. that's my guess, at least.

i like it simply because it'll take a 22mm NATO.
    Depends how you define "available." With the delayed launch due to Baselworld being cancelled and production continuing after the Switzerland lockdowns wound down, we expect that we'll get some in stock fairly soon. Normally it takes months before production ramps up enough for a new model to show up in stores. Judging by the number of phone calls and emails my wife's store has already received asking for it, my guess is that they'll be hard to come by for a while. If the grey market dealers get them quickly, it's only because of some shady AD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends how you define "available." With the delayed launch due to Baselworld being cancelled and production continuing after the Switzerland lockdowns wound down, we expect that we'll get some in stock fairly soon. Normally it takes months before production ramps up enough for a new model to show up in stores. Judging by the number of phone calls and emails my wife's store has already received asking for it, my guess is that they'll be hard to come by for a while. If the grey market dealers get them quickly, it's only because of some shady AD.
    that blue bezel sub kinda does it for me...and the proportions with the lugs/bracelet look great

still holding out for blue face sky dweller...only offered black so far

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that blue bezel sub kinda does it for me...and the proportions with the lugs/bracelet look great

still holding out for blue face sky dweller...only offered black so far
    The blue bezel sub looks great. Good thing it's in gold otherwise the demand would be absurd. Agreed on the proportions of the lugs and bracelet. A really nice change.

You're not alone for the blue sky dweller. The demand for that model is over the top. It's a complicated watch to make, so there aren't that many produced and everyone wants one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to see it in person. I don't get moving away from the maxi-style lugs just to widen the case to 41mm. The blue/white gold sure does look good though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    I would have to see it in person. I don't get moving away from the maxi-style lugs just to widen the case to 41mm. though.
    Similar to tire sizes, measured size does not actually mean relative (or actual) size. Having owned the previous generation SubDate 116610LN, this new case appears to be the same size (if actually 1mm bigger) but the most important detail is the lug to bracelet ratio. On the previous generation maxi case the lugs were too big and the bracelet too small so it seemed very unbalanced and one of the reasons I got rid of mine. This newest SubDate 126610 has slimmed lugs and increased bracelet width for a more refined transition.

It's also the reason I like my Explorer II Polar 216570 because the lugs are slimmer than the maxi-case Subdate 116610 but the bracelet is 21mm unlike the 18mm on the SubDate 116610 (I think the newest SubDate 126610 is also a 21mm bracelet).

126610 (left) 116610 (right)
    picture credit = revolution watch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The blue bezel sub looks great. Good thing it's in gold otherwise the demand would be absurd. Agreed on the proportions of the lugs and bracelet. A really nice change.

You're not alone for the blue sky dweller. The demand for that model is over the top. It's a complicated watch to make, so there aren't that many produced and everyone wants one.
    oh snap...i thot the blue bezel was one of the options for steel!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    Similar to tire sizes, measured size does not actually mean relative (or actual) size. Having owned the previous generation SubDate 116610LN, this new case appears to be the same size (if actually 1mm bigger) but the most important detail is the lug to bracelet ratio. On the previous generation maxi case the lugs were too big and the bracelet too small so it seemed very unbalanced and one of the reasons I got rid of mine. This newest SubDate 126610 has slimmed lugs and increased bracelet width for a more refined transition.

It's also the reason I like my Explorer II Polar 216570 because the lugs are slimmer than the maxi-case Subdate 116610 but the bracelet is 21mm unlike the 18mm on the SubDate 116610 (I think the newest SubDate 126610 is also a 21mm bracelet).

126610 (left) 116610 (right)
    picture credit = revolution watch

And just judging from the photos I've seen, initial impressions it looks like they went from awkward in one direction to awkward in another. But I'm sure the experience in person is different. A 21mm lug width is ridiculous though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    A 21mm lug width is ridiculous though.
    Why? It is what (i think) Omega has been doing for years but I do understand it makes it more difficult is one wants to use a third party strap.