User Tag List

Page 122 of 175 FirstFirst ... 112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3485

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Those Islanders are great, dgaddis! I bought one a few months back as an SKX replacement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    I picked up an Islander, my first dive watch and first mechanical. I like it. The lume is BRIGHT.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbattle View Post
    Those Islanders are great, dgaddis! I bought one a few months back as an SKX replacement.
    I had a few SKX watches modded and spent between $500-$600 so in comparison those Islander Watches are an amazing deal. I had one of the first black dial diver IS-2 models but sold it before I even took the stickers off because I had too many black dial diver watches. Unfortunately, this new version ISL-18 has me considering a purchase.

Similarly, I sold the Hamtun Kraken H2 Diver as soon as I got it (several months late) because I was already over it but this new Hamtun Kraken H3 GMT watch has me considering another purchase but at $650 it might be more than I want to spend right now (and it is not a true GMT since you cannot set the hour hand independently).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    I had a few SKX watches modded and spent between $500-$600 so in comparison those Islander Watches are an amazing deal. I had one of the first black dial diver IS-2 models but sold it before I even took the stickers off because I had too many black dial diver watches. Unfortunately, this new version ISL-18 has me considering a purchase.

Similarly, I sold the Hamtun Kraken H2 Diver as soon as I got it (several months late) because I was already over it but this new Hamtun Kraken H3 GMT watch has me considering another purchase but at $650 it might be more than I want to spend right now (and it is not a true GMT since you cannot set the hour hand independently).

That’s a good looking watch and I was considering getting in on the latest Kickstarter but the way they use semi-erotic models in their marketing kinda turned me off to the brand. And I don’t need to drop another couple hundred bucks on a watch right now (tho I do have my eye on some eBay listings...).
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s a good looking watch and I was considering getting in on the latest Kickstarter but the way they use semi-erotic models in their marketing kinda turned me off to the brand. And I don’t need to drop another couple hundred bucks on a watch right now (tho I do have my eye on some eBay listings...).
    nice euphemism.

i think one of them is actually a friend (or friend of a friend) of Hamtun's owner but yeah its tacky/slimy/childish/inappropriate/etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Islander apparently had a bad seal or something and suddenly got some condensation. Emailed Marc at Long Island Watch on Monday, and today a new one showed up along with a return label to send the old one back.

I had already decided to modify it just a bit. I can't leave anything alone... and the parts arrived while waiting for the new one to show up, so as soon as it did I removed the stock bezel and installed the new one and a new bezel insert, which is ceramic and lumed like the stock bezel. I like the new look a lot, and the coin edge bezel has better grip making it easier to turn.

And. I got a deal (I think) on the ol' eBay, picked up a great white Seiko Samurai for $225. It didn't come with a bracelet, which I didn't want anyways, but came on a cheap nato, and I have some other straps inbound. Other than few inevitable marks on the bezel it's in pristine shape. I'll put a sapphire crystal in it once I bang the stock one up a bit but don't plan on doing anything else to it.

And that's not, no more watches. Besides the Kickstarter one whenever it shows up. And once it does show up, I may end up selling one of the divers off.

Condensation.

Replacement with the aftermarket bezel and different insert.

Samurai. I love the dial on this one.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been thinking about a black bezel for my SKX, but couldn’t find a lot of pictures. Seeing yours makes me dig it, though. So I might pull the trigger. Finally.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    Been thinking about a black bezel for my SKX, but couldn’t find a lot of pictures. Seeing yours makes me dig it, though. So I might pull the trigger. Finally.
    I have a black bezel on my Yao SKX and I really like it. It's been bead blasted so it won't look quite the same but maybe this will help....

Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took the plunge into the MKII 'benchcrafted' pond with this used Key West. I guess these are sort of polarizing in the world of watch snobbery, but it's so well-executed that it's hard to fault it for my purposes. Besides, if I get tired of it they seem to hold their value pretty well. NATO strap is called 'valour' by wrist candy watch club. Nothing super-lux but does the job and is very comfy for the $15 pricepoint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geoff used to race around on a Brodie Sovereign
    Geoff Morgan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I ever get a Rolex, it will be an Explorer.

For now, I'm enjoying the Save The Ocean Samurai I picked up for a deal on the eBay.

CheapestNatoStraps - don't bother. Not bad for the money, but the BluShark AlphaShark straps are way better.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I'm enjoying the Save The Ocean Samurai I picked up for a deal on the eBay...
    When you are ready to mod it:
    Seiko Mods - Bezel Inserts – dlwwatches
    Sapphire Double Dome - Seiko Prospex SAMURAI – dlwwatches

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great, Dustin. I really wanted one of those for a bit. I can't remember why I didn't get one. Maybe I got scared off by the size. Speaking of, I'm getting the itch again. Thinking about getting my yema Navygraf onto the Bay. I always wanted a squale. Going to try to pull off the switch a roo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like the bezel insert, it doesn't come up in photos well but it's pretty cool. It'll scratch up (already had a few marks when I picked it up) but I'm okay with that.

The crystal will get swapped out as soon as it gets its first scratch.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I ever get a Rolex, it will be an Explorer.

For now, I'm enjoying the Save The Ocean Samurai I picked up for a deal on the eBay.

CheapestNatoStraps - don't bother. Not bad for the money, but the BluShark AlphaShark straps are way better.

Way off topic but are you using ultra violet lights in your HVAC units?

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    Way off topic but are you using ultra violet lights in your HVAC units?

Mike
    I'm in the plumbing group (that's a gas piping sketch for a renovation project, gas piping falls under my scope) so I'm not on the up-and-up with exactly what the HVAC group is doing. But I know we have done some UV units in the past, mostly at hospitals and nursing homes I believe.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ol' Black Bay with Smarty End Links, BandR waterproof band, which I'm officially a fan of, and an RHD deployant, which I'm also a fan of. And my thumbprint. I like this watch. It think it's going to get more wrist time than anything else. Surprisingly it has taken a little bit to get used to no date function.

-Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    The ol' Black Bay with Smarty End Links, BandR waterproof band, which I'm officially a fan of, and an RHD deployant, which I'm also a fan of. And my thumbprint. I like this watch. It think it's going to get more wrist time than anything else. Surprisingly it has taken a little bit to get used to no date function.

The BB looks really good on that strap.
    Geoff used to race around on a Brodie Sovereign
    Geoff Morgan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite happy with this chunky piece of russian steel, so far has been on an average of 15-18 seconds over two days, not too bad for a £70 automatic watch.
    The bezel lets down the nice finish of the 710 case type, will replace it in future. The dome glass shows every little bit of dust or fingerprints, but apparently is meant to flex and give the watch a good resistance to water.

Andrea "Gattonero" Cattolico, head mechanic @Condor Cycles London

"Caron, non ti crucciare:
    vuolsi così colà dove si puote
    ciò che si vuole, e più non dimandare"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those red Black Bays look great. I never "got" Tudor" until recently. And I don't mean the brand or market position, just the intangibles of wanting a watch. Among the submariner style divers that has to be one of the best. They have the je ne sais quoi.

Speaking of intangibles, I couldn't help myself. The Squale Von Buren case is calling my name. Cain't hep it. Got my Yema on the block. I will almost certainly miss it, but that might just be how watches work when you can have only one at a time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omega Speedmaster Mark II Reissue on a leather strap. Have a hard time seeing how chronos get any better than this. Do I time everything needlessly to the latest fifth of a second? Of course.