Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rock and/or Roll Fantasy Camp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rock and/or Roll Fantasy Camp

Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp in Hollywood California with Zakk Wylde | February 2012

"Strap on your guitar, grab your sticks, and step up to that mic because this Presidents Day Weekend, your body will ROCK!!! Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp is going all out this February by bringing you the greats- Zakk Wylde, Steve Vai, Matt Sorum and much much more. Write and Record an original song at a world class recording studio with Led Zeppelin's and the Beatle's producer, Eddie Kramer, and take home a professionally produced DVD and mp3 of your final performance. Cruise through the sunset strip jamming with rockstars and performing live at major venues in Hollywood including the Gibson Showroom in Beverly Hills and the legendary Whisky-A-Go-Go. So don't wait to book your flight and reserve your spot because this camp is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to step out of your basement and
    into the limelight!"

The Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp:

$5,499 - Headliner Package
    $7,499 - Recording Star Package
    $3,999 - Wylde Child (ages 12-16)
    $799 - Spouse Package

Can someone tell me if this is, indeed, bitchin'?
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rock and/or Roll Fantasy Camp

Sounds bitchin'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it include a night trashing a hotel room at Chateau Marmont with Courtney Love ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never got these. Maybe its because I play out and record regularly. I do remember how hard it seemed to break into a city's music scene when I was starting out. Seems impossible from the outside. But the bottom line, and the thing I find really beautiful about music, is that musicians need each other. Tell enough people you play and pretty soon you'll have your own garage band. Unlike cycling, you only get better as you age. There are like-minded people to play with no matter if you're 16 or 60.

That amount of money could be spent on great gear, or a weeklong writing vacation somewhere, or booking a helluva lot more studio time and having an actual album's worth of work. Also, the idea of a one night gig with friends and family watching you pretend to be a rockstar would embarrass me. I can just see the blank stares and half-smiles of my relatives as I bounced around on stage playing like a kitten with a ball of yarn. I can also see, however, how someone who got caught up in kids and work and providing for a family might like to know what it feels like to play on stage for just one night. To each their own.

Also, reading that list of musicians, I realize that they're not going to be able to give the advice someone signing up for this camp is no doubt seeking. Making it as a successful musician takes a little networking and a lot of luck. These guys are the lucky ones. you're better off talking to the no-name guy who has been lugging his own gear around the country for years. A lot more insight into what it takes and what its really like.

In the end, do it if it makes you happy. Its your money and your dream and who is anyone else to say yes or no?

And one day, when we're sharing a beer and talking face to face, remind me to tell you my Slash/ Matt Sorum story. Great, GREAT guys, clothed or not.

Til then, have fun. If you do it, let us know how it goes. And maybe, from time to time, poke your head in over here:
    http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum...ist-20619.html
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously the name sez it all...'FANTASY CAMP'

iffen you got the bucks and this is your thang...JUST DO IT

A friend did a baseball fantasy camp.

He paid to be PRO fer a week and had a blast !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last time I checked, there aren't that many songs that feature the cowbell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This song is cowbell approved:

Quote Originally Posted by happycampyer View Post
    The last time I checked, there aren't that many songs that feature the cowbell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

may be thread drift but how many of us would plunk down hard earned money to go to a fantasy blke camp? I have thought of going to Too Tall's
    training camp just for the fun. How about a camp for us old posers Josh?

Mike
    Last edited by mnoble485; 09-10-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: still can't spell or type